• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pokes vs Pokerus

Would you prefer to get Pokerus or a Shiny?

• Total voters

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    With the exception of a few shinies who look totally awesome (Beldum line) I'd rather get Pokerus. I've actually caught both but right now my shinies are just trophy Pokemon while I've actually put the Pokerus to good use.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Now that you can trade online to get Pokerus, I don't think it's very impressive to get at all. I'd be very disappointed if I learnt that I'd gotten PKRS instead of a shiny somehow. :P I don't EV Train at all so there'd be no reason for me to have it. So I'll take something that I can barter with in online trades or that I can just brag about. \o/

MikeyOak

Gary Oak wannabe
    Years
    I dont do EV's and all that, so I much prefer shinies :) I choose pokemon based on their look anyway and shinies are wayy more appealing

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
    So, which would you rather get?
    I'd rather get a shiny. I'm not really into, nor care about, EV training.

Have you ever gotten one or the other?
    Yeah, both, on back to back days, actually, like two weeks ago. I got infected with the Pokérus one day and the next day I caught a shiny Tranquill.^^

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I guess it's debatable. If it was a cool shiny that I totally wanted then yeah, I'd grab the shiny and run but PKRS lasts forever once you've got it (as long as you do it right lol ;;) and then you don't really have to worry about contracting it ever again. Besides, no one likes puke green/pink shinies that half of all shinies seem to be (I'm looking at you, Espeon and Crobat!).

Back