• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Question

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    Hey, I know you can get shiny legendary Pokemon which are found by the game naturally or tickets to Island Pokemon. However can you get shiny event Pokemon?

I mean when Nintendo give out event Pokemon are there some shiny ones givien out? Or are all the event Pokemon none shiny? I am not sure so I thought I would ask.

Thanks,
    BlueEew.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    Hey, I know you can get shiny legendary Pokemon which are found by the game naturally or tickets to Island Pokemon. However can you get shiny event Pokemon?

I mean when Nintendo give out event Pokemon are there some shiny ones givien out? Or are all the event Pokemon none shiny? I am not sure so I thought I would ask.

Thanks,
    BlueEew.

If you mean the giveaway ones, no, they can't be shiny. These are the only pokemon that can't be shiny.

Mew (English)
    Celebi
    Jirachi

Not much people know about this...hell I've seen tons of people here trading a shiny celebi.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    exactly, there are 2 types of event pokemon.
    1- Get through event item, for example, Arceus
    2- Giveaway Pokemon, for example, Celebi

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    The ones you actually walk up to and talk to to start battle, I would assume the shiny ratio applies to them the same way it does to any wild Pokemon.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    The ones you actually walk up to and talk to to start battle, I would assume the shiny ratio applies to them the same way it does to any wild Pokemon.

Yeah I know you can when you go to a island like I said my first post I mean the other ones you trade or download from Nintendo. ;)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I don't think the ones that you get directly from the events can be shiny. Like for the 10th anniversary Pokemon, I don't think they could be shiny. And the Mews either, 'cause they were all stored in FireRed gamepaks in regular PC boxes.

pm_41

Gone and grown up
    Years
    what do you mean they were stored

According to GameFaqs, Nintendo shipped FireRed game paks that were full of Mew. (Mew occupied the party and ALL of the PC boxes.) Some of these "leaked" out and can probably be found on e-Bay. However, I don't think that Nintendo would put shinys in its Pokemon giveaways (just to be fair).

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    The island exists in Emerald, but the Old Sea Map to reach it is probably hacked. Same Mew, though.

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2007
    Mew (English)
    Celebi
    Jirachi

wrong. with the pokemon colleseum boonus disk, although time consuming, you can keep resetting to get shiny Jirachi.This takes alot of patience because 1 reset is about a minute i think.

Back