• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Shiny Shinies

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 27, 2015
by the way you can run away from shiny pokemon in en2 , justtry running from gyrados for example and see what happens !!! and I didn't even read this before posting but wow someone else got shiny ekans too , it must be common as a shiny then ?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 7, 2015
I got my first shiny pokemon in GSC a few days ago, it was an Elekid. I got her from the egg the daycare man gives you.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Silver was the only game I caught a wild shiny in and kept. It was a Weedle I found in the Bug Park. I had some idea of what a shiny Pokemon was, because this was back before I was always online, so I did catch it. Now it's tucked away on my Pokemon Stadium 2 cart, which is in an unknown location. So maybe I don't have that Weedle anymore!

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Haven't seen a wild Shiny yet. So far I only got a Shiny Gyarados which we all knew in Pokemon Gold and a Shiny Pikachu which is an in-game trade in a hack of Pokemon Gold which is Pokemon Christmas 2014.

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
In my very first Silver save, I encountered a shiny Totodile. I assumed it was a glitch, and since I was trying to collect all of the starters anyway, I threw it onto Pokemon Stadium 2 and restarted the game. I only found out what it was some time later, and was pretty amazed.

I went on to find a shiny Weepinbel while playing my cousin's game (which I cloned for myself), and then a shiny Geodude in Crystal. I played many hours of gen 2, but it was still really good luck!

~Psychic

Raichulover123

The Mouse Pokèmon
Years
Have you ever saw those pokemon that come in a different color than normal that's introduced with a 'sparkle'? Those are shiny pokemon! "Shiny pokemon" have been pretty much introduced to the Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal games. These are pokemon that come in alternative colors than their original.

8KS6PqO.png

For example...

Spr_2c_006.gif

Normally, Charizard comes in a red-orangy color. But, as a shiny pokemon...

Spr_2c_006_s.gif

They become dark, red/purplely color. But do note that these sort of pokemon are very rare to find, as they have a really low encounter rate. Nonetheless, have you ever encountered a "Shiny Pokemon" before (other than the red gyarados)? Have you caught any of these Shiny pokemon? What do you think of this aspect as a whole? Feel free to discuss!

Yep, a shiny Zubat in the Burned Tower in Eutreak (Hope I spelled that right) City, I named it Silver, because I thought it was a good name. :P (Yes I did catch it)

Back