• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SHINY SHINY SHINY

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
Years
  • I have been playing this game for 10+ years since red + Blue version and I've never seen or caught a shiny pokemon in my life sad yes Aside with REd gyarados in silver and gold version.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Here's mine:

Shiny Manaphy
    Shiny Zigzagoon
    Shiny Mightyina (I was 7 and I didn't know what a shiny was on Emerald, so I killed it ;_______;)

coots

I'mma eat chuu
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    I only ever encountered a shiny gyarados but really who hasn't?
    lawls

NatureKeeper

I first saw a Bellsprout in LeafGreen. I also saw an Oddish in Emerald, and another in Diamond. That's really it.

Bob2424

Bob is a pokeman trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    Ive met a shiny trapinch,shiny tentacruel, but the wierdest of all was a golden nincada but when it evolved it wasnt golden anymore:(

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • Shinies I've Seen

I'm listing them in the order I saw them...

Golduck (F)- I saw her in Pearl or Platinum, but can't remember which. The game froze. Good thing I have a better DS now.

Onix (can't remember gender)- I encountered it in Leafgreen. Had no Pokéballs at the time.

Bidoof (F)- Found her randomly in Platinum. Her name is Honey Pot and she is a Bibarel now.

Meditite (F)- Also found in Platinum. Nicknamed Melody and hasn't evolved, since I haven't trained her yet.

Rhyhorn (F)- Another found in Platinum. Nicknamed Rhyia and I plan to evolve her all the way. *is booed off stage*

Pichu (M)- Event. He doesn't really count, does he?

Gyrados (F)- Found in Heartgold at Lake of Rage as part of the story. Nicknamed Shrimp. Does she even count?

Onix (F)- When I saw her in Mt. Silver in Heartgold, I was happy to see another shiny Onix, so I caught her and named her Gold Snake. When I checked Bill's PC, I found out that she had a timid nature! :pink_pissed:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    Onix - I was play SS when I saw this, my first official shiny, in Victory Road. Sadly, I was catching Pokemon beforehand and just ran out of Pokeballs RIGHT BEFORe I had a chance to catch him- seriously. Made me angry. Later, about ten steps later, there's an Ultra Ball item on the ground. >:|

Tentacruel - Found it while surfing out of Cinnabar towards the Whirl Islands to catch Lugia, and only had a Master Ball in hand. I picked the Lugia, and to this day I don't know if it was a good choice or not.

MASTERBOSSgodora

The Songbird of My Generation
    Years
  • In SoulSilver I caught my only non-red gyarados shiny. It was a level 4 Sentret. I traded it over to my platinum version to use in contests, it's now a level 27 pink Furret.

But once in Ruby my friend caught a shiny Duskull and I traded for it. Then I made it a Dusknoir in Pearl.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I have no idea how many shinies I've caught in any of my past games, but right now I'm playing HG, and wouldn't you know it, I found a shiny Sentret....at the beginning of the game before I get any PokeBalls. -_-

Satoshi_Kun

A Man and a Mew Both Ways
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    Pichu (Event; Still have it)
    Azurill (Got in the GTS; Traded away for a lvl 100 Darkrai)
    Medicham (Got in Pearl's Victory Road; Left on My Pokemon Ranch after Selling Game)
    Shinx (Got in Platinum's Route 202; Evolved)
    Luxio (Evolved from Shinx; Evolved again)
    Luxray (Evolved from Luxio; Still have it)
    Garydos (Obvious)
    Arceus (Got in the GTS for my event Arceus; Still have it)

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Well, excluding the Red Gyarados from G/S/C/HG/SS...

-The first shiny I encountered was a shiny Bronzor in Wayward Cave, caught it, evolved it into a Bronzong, then lost my Pearl....
    -While rounding up some Pokemon in Emerald, I found a shiny Wurmple. I didn't pay attention to the shiny animation, and saw it was shiny and caught it. (It's now a Beautifly on my Platinum).
    -In Platinum, when searching for a Corsola, I found a shiny Gyarados, caught it, and it's still in Platinum, due to the fact I caught the shiny Gyarados in Lake of Rage.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Got Pokemon Gold (GBC) the day it came out.
    On my way to Mr. Pokemon at the beginning I found a shiny (purple) Spinarak.
    Sadly, since shinies were new and I found one at the beginning, I thought they would be common, and I killed it.

JuanIsPwn

League Demolitioner
    Years
  • First shiny was in Diamond right outside of battle frontier place, a Raticate. It is still hibernating in my PC box.
    Then a Golbat hibernating as well.
    And my gyarados red and pichu now Raichu.

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
  • Silver - Geodude before Falkner (he ate dirt needless to say ;D)
    Ruby - Wurmple and Zubat
    Pearl - Machoke
    Platinum - Starly (Though had no pokeballs ;o; fffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuu.....)

SuperLightning

Eevee Lover and Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    My 1st shiny was on my sapphire game. i was hunting for latias for the 1st time. and it was golden! i thought my cartridge was bad. but it turns out i was extremely lucky. I have it on my Soul Silver now. It is at lvl 92.

My second shiny was on my little brother's fire red game. i was searching for a drantini in the safari zone
    i couldn't find one. i had been searching for a little over an hour was was about to quit running away from the grass patch.
    and there it was. a purple dragonair. when it appeared I rubbed my eyes. It was purple,shiny and the evolved form of the pokemon i was after. luckily the safari zone let me catch it. I still have this dragonair on my Soul Silver. it is at level 100. but not a member of my main team.

My 3rd shiny was an Eevee egg i had hatched on my platinum, I had hatched like 30 eggs for trading to lots of my friend.
    One of the eggs was a shiny eevee. the thing is, before that i did not know eevee's could hatch from eggs.

Before i sold my platinum i put it up on my Soul Silver. I still have it today, i named it after myself lol. lvl 96.

And that's it. i have never found a shiny in soul silver....Yet.

Back