• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny starter

Years
  • Hey so I really like shiny Rowlet and I was wondering does anybody know how long it would take to get one because I want to have it at the beginning of my adventure and not get it after

Years
  • That would sadly take A lot of resets and would take a ton of patience and luck since the chance of getting a shiny starter is just like finding a shiny pokemon in the wild But more difficult as you have to reset the game multiple times just to get a chance of getting one.

Years
  • Here's your answer:
    Spoiler:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Here's your answer:
    Spoiler:

87.3% chance of getting male = approximately 9/10 times getting male
    9 x 3 = 27 minutes

Lets assume really bad luck:
    18 x 3 = 56 minutes

Tbh, if you really want a female Popplio, 1 hour is probably worth the investment because you will likely play the game for many, many hours. But for a shiny, definitely not worth it.

Years
  • 87.3% chance of getting male = approximately 9/10 times getting male
    9 x 3 = 27 minutes

18 x 3 = 56 minutes

Tbh, if you really want a female Popplio, 1 hour is probably worth the investment because you will likely play the game for many, many hours. But for a shiny, definitely not worth it.

I definitely agree. Soft-resetting for certain genders isn't as bad, but at least SRing for female starters is easier than shiny starters.

Years
  • That would sadly take A lot of resets and would take a ton of patience and luck since the chance of getting a shiny starter is just like finding a shiny pokemon in the wild But more difficult as you have to reset the game multiple times just to get a chance of getting one.

Ah man that's really upsetting o well

Here's your answer:
    Spoiler:

Why do they have such long cutscenes

87.3% chance of getting male = approximately 9/10 times getting male
    9 x 3 = 27 minutes

18 x 3 = 56 minutes

Lol why can't shinies be this easy

Last edited by a moderator:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm going to reset for a Female Popplio (Which shouldn't take too long) for my first playthrough and maybe try to breed for a Shiny Popplio or Rowlet at a later date.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Wait, Starters don't have shiny lock this gen? They are part of a cutscene so I thought they would be locked just like Xerneas/Yveltal and Kyogre/Groudon were ins XY/ORAS.

Illusionss

Banned
    Years
  • They're really not. It destroys the purpose of playing a video game in the first place. That's literally slapping the creator of the game in their face. Although, Game Freak loves getting slap in the face making my opinion Type:Null.

Why do they destroy the game? If people want to use them, they're entitled to. Not everyone has enough spare time to spend hours and hours on end (potentially even days) soft resetting to get a shiny starter.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    From my understanding up untill now all cutscene pokemon are shiny locked.
    You're most likely going to have to breed it.

Years
  • Why do they destroy the game? If people want to use them, they're entitled to. Not everyone has enough spare time to spend hours and hours on end (potentially even days) soft resetting to get a shiny starter.

Because your not suppose to get a Shiny Pokémon at the beginning of the game in the first place? Why is this even a question? o_o

Plus, who does that in their first play through? What's next? Your gonna give your starter Perfect IV's and at the start? I do understand the OP color preference, but that's not how you should earn your Shiny Pokémon. Which leads me to another question! Is there a new breeding mechanic in Pokémon Sun and Moon or is it the same old RNG based mechanic?

Illusionss

Banned
    Years
  • Because your not suppose to get a Shiny Pokémon at the beginning of the game in the first place? Why is this even a question? o_o

Plus, who does that in their first play through? What's next? Your gonna give your starter Perfect IV's and at the start? I do understand the OP color preference, but that's not how you should earn your Shiny Pokémon. Which leads me to another question! Is there a new breeding mechanic in Pokémon Sun and Moon or is it the same old RNG based mechanic?

Quite a lot of people do that in their first play through actually because they much prefer the colour as the OP said. What has perfect IV's got to do with having a shiny? A shiny is purely visual and has no affect on how strong it is. And I'd imagine the breeding is the same, except without bikes, but I'm not 100% sure.

Years
  • Quite a lot of people do that in their first play through actually because they much prefer the colour as the OP said. What has perfect IV's got to do with having a shiny? A shiny is purely visual and has no affect on how strong it is. And I'd imagine the breeding is the same, except without bikes, but I'm not 100% sure.

Oh! When I made that Perfect IV tid-bit I was just glorifying the efforts people do when using a third-party devices. Cause, you know, no one respects the creator game enough to use the mechanics offer anymore. I think it's pretty sad people have to do this, but you are correct Shiny Pokémon are just nothing but visual mementos that doesn't need to be earned anymore.

I also rather not discuss anymore either. It just makes me feel uncomfortable to read.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't like any of the shiny starter colours this gen so I probably won't bother SRing. Shiny Brionne looks quite nice, but I don't really like how the colour scheme changes for Primarina.

Back