• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013

Shipwrecked [PG-16]

"It used to be, back in my day that we didn't have your pokegears and your fancy poketechs and your TV stations and your special pokeballs and your poffin cases and your tm cases and your multipocket backpacks and your pokenavs and your vs seekers and your battle towers and your fancy shmancy seals for your ridiculously overpriced pokeballs and your radio towers and your teachytvs and your Global Trade Stations and your double battles and did you know that when we left our towns with our first pokemon and headed off on Route 1 towards Viridian City that we did so in the bitter cold with the wind on our faces with Blk Apricorns in our pockets?!"

"Back in my day, back in my day, all we had were the Pokeballs, the Great Balls and the Ultra Balls. If you got real lucky, maybe you'd be able to steal a Master Ball from Silph Co's greedy little hands. Why when we tried to move that god damn Snorlax from the route, we threw our Greatballs and smashed a+b down on our 8 bit grayscale pokedexs and prayed, we prayed that it would stay shut so we could get on with it and get to Cinnabar before the snow began to fall in Cerulean City. Now adays you people with your Heavy Balls and your Timer balls just throw it and move right on along. Tsh. Back in my day when we tried to breed our Pokemon we had to experiment and learn for ourselves what Pokemon can put what into who. Now you have your IV feeds and your sophisticate computers and your breeding farms... Hmph. Lazy children."

"But now you little lazy children, now you got your pokedexes with your holograms and your GPS pokemon locators that tell you just where that pokemon you're looking for is located. You don't take your notebooks and take notes on the habitats of pokemon. You youngsters today do not hunt in the tall grass for hours, no, no you just push a button. A magic little button that does all your work for you while you take all the credit for being such an amazing trainer what with your eight boxes in Bill's PC all full up of Pokemon. When I was a lad, after the war, I went on my pokemon journey and I didn't have any of that fancy buisness. I had to work for the pokemon in my possession and we didn't have that unlimited space to store our pokemon. When we wanted to move a pokemon from box to box we had to do it by hand."

"Back in my day, when the old man offered to teach you how to catch a pokemon, you didn't pretend to be on your damn pokegear. No, back in my day, you listened to him with respect because he was your elder and you watched him and you learned how it's done."

"Now adays you have your confounded liberal PCP3 pact with its rules and regulations telling you all about how you can't go taking your confounding technology into those places of the world that don't know about it yet and you whine and complain and say 'oh, but there could be new Pokemon there or a new challenge' but you refuse to go there without all your bells and whistles and your skinny leg jeans. Tsh. Back in my day, we didn't fear the untamed world. We picked up a machete and we hacked through that grass and we did it without your fancy bikes with the shifting gears and we walked from town to town in that new world without your light up running shoes."

"God damn whippersnappers, those little buds in your ears have gone out and murdered your sense of adventure."

The TL;DR Drabble on What's Going On

This story takes place about 5-10 years after the conclusion of Generation 4 in Sinnoh.

After the industrialization of the world began to intensify, the legendary birds fled the land and settled on a continent protected for the most part by natural elements. Of course, the trainers followed the birds in hopes of capturing them and with them brought the technology of their homelands. In some of these places, inner turmoil in the land was already reaching a peak and the added technology was starting to swing things unfairly in one direction. Fearing an upset in the natural progression of history in these continents, the five Champions got together in the Hall of Champions at the Kanto Indigo Plateau and together with the backing of the Elite Four Members from each region as well as the Global Police Representatives set forth a series of rules to keep the continent safe from outsiders. They enacted, much to the overall dismay of the people, the PCP3.

The Pokemon Continental Preservation Peace Pact [PCP3 for short] is a treaty aimed at protecting continents with civilizations that are not fully developed. Pokemon League Laws strictly prohibit any sort of contact with such continents and the reason for this is because this sort of contact with higher civilizations often greatly influences the path of the history for underdeveloped continents. All trainers with a trainer's license are required to adhere to this treaty unless there is a clear and precise danger to a person's life. This treaty is one of the most important sets of rules in the Pokemon League, and regulates how trainers must act in emergency situations if they find themselves in such situations. If such advanced technology is used and the champions become aware of it, the persons responsible will be immediately detained, their trainer licenses removed and punished to the extreme end of the law. Anyone defying these regulations forfeits their right to a trial and will be given the maximum penalty for their crime. In the most severe of cases, the offenders will be shot. Survivors will be shot again. The League made it clear with this announcement that they would not be merciful. No exceptions.

There was initial chaos and uproar after the PCP3 was first enacted but it was soon forgotten and life went on as normal. People adjusted and got over the shock. Legendary Pokemon became Legendary. Time fixed itself and the problems on the underdeveloped continents settled down to the sorts of problems you'd expect to see. It fell once more into the lull.

One summer morning, a group of trainers got on the SS Libra from the port in Vermillion City in the Kanto region bound for Olivine in the Johto region. What seemed like a normal trip soon turned ugly as the ship entered a storm and was blown off course. What was supposed to be a simple ferry ride has now left them shipwrecked on the coast of one of these continents. With no other options, they have left their shipwrecked ship and are now traveling towards the nearby city to look for a way to get back home, the threat of violating the PCP3 hanging very heavily over their heads.

The Rules

1.0 Follow all PRP Section Rules as posted.

2.0 Remember the PCP3. You can use your spiffy pokeballs and your pokedexs but only if you want to draw attention to your group of friends. All items Gen 2 + are banned in this particular continent outside of berries. This includes TMs and HMs. If your character pushes the rules they can dare to push that ban but they'd be putting the group at risk and other characters may not like that. This in itself can cause you all sorts of delicious drama.

3.0 Stay Active. If you have real life issues, just keep me up to date and when you come back, please read any and all posts before posting in character. If for some reason you can't report your absence before hand, tell me asap what's going on BEFORE you post via the OOC thread [LINK GOES HERE]

4.0 Respect your fellow RPers, it's just common sense.

5.0 Character control. Don't do it without permission. If you're gone for a long period of time, you need to give yourself over to someone to control you until you return. If you don't make this decision within say a week of disappearing on us, I'll pick someone to control your character until you show up again.

6.0 Character Interaction. Yes, this is a journey roleplay. No, this is not a chapter based roleplay. You must talk and interact with all other people involved. It's required and I promise, it's more fun.

7.0 Got a plot bunny in your head? Shoot it at me, as long as it doesn't break the basic idea of this roleplay, we'll fit it in somewhere along the line. :3 Feel free to pm me at any time about this or post it in the OOC thread. Plot your bunnies together with your fellow rpers and see if they multiply. I'm all for random sub plots all over the place. Just run it by me first. ^^

The Sign Ups

You have one of two options for the Sign Ups due to complaints and confusion the past few times I've run a game.

Pick one, it doesn't matter which just as long as you use one.

Post your finished profiles here and wait for me to accept yew or decline you. u-u

Option 1
    Spoiler:

Option 2
    Spoiler:

The List and Links

The Players
    Mika
    Meneur d'enfer
    Feign
    Comet~*
    Jazmine Marie
    Clow
    Leprachaun
    Kogenta
    Luigi-a
    YoshiRiRu

The Links
    OOC Thread. Spam there.
    Alter Ego's Guide to Character Profiles

Last edited:

Faeldrake

Werewolf
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    Name: Connor "King Connor" L. [Quirk: never tells anyone his last name.]

Physical Description: Connor is a large, good looking man. He stands around 6' 2" and is built very thin and long, although he is very strong. He insists on keeping his thick, brown hair long and wild. He is a master of suggestion and manipulation, and mostly looks happy and calm. Although he can also very well make his point clear with his loud, booming voice. He has kind brown eyes and a good looking tan.

Connor wears a black t-shirt that says 'How to kill a zombie' with a comical explanation of how to 'actually' kill a zombie. Over his t-shirt, Connor places a real black leather jacket.

Personality: Connor thinks he's great. Just that the last sentence doesn't say "knows he's great" shows that he didn't write this. One could call him a little narcistic but he just shakes his head. His ego has a good side though: His levels of self confidence and determination are unmatched. He is convinced he can accomplish simply everything through sheer will and force. Often, he does. He has mastered the art of getting something done, one way or another. It is quite hard to get his head into something that much though, without him getting bored after 5 minutes.

Connor is an expert Pokemon trainer, thanks to his unique abilities. He also is very good at figuring out the right strategy. He mostly uses a highly effective high damage, high accuracy, super-effective combo [he calls it the tri-strategy]. He is also very fond of giving not only his Pokemon, but also their attacks nicknames. So instead of "flamethrower" he says "barbecue" or instead of "surf" he says "tsunami".

He is great in socially situations, well mostly. Connor has two social "modes": Victory and fail. Mostly his mode is set to "victory" and he makes tons of friends in no time. His mode tends to switch though in impractical times. A good trigger is interaction with girls and people that have the upper hand over him (Assuming he is willing to acknowledge it). He is a born leader, and he knows it. If the group already has a leader he tends to continue to do stuff his way or even to be outright rebelish. Although he is thickheaded he is not stupid and knows when it is a good idea to do what he is asked.

A very noteworthy point in his strange personality is his anger. He is a happy person, thinking life is the greatest thing ever, enjoying each day and never giving up. Even though his carefree attitude he is a man with a lot of anger. Not necessarily even for good reason. If he bangs his toe in the kitchen he could spontaneously get mad at his toaster. He has learned to control his anger though, mostly. He doesn't let his anger show or converts it into humor, seeing the funny side behind it, even if there is none. He has learned that anger is also just energy, energy that can be wasted such as to break your toaster or start screaming, or used to further your ends. Because of this, making Connor angry can be a bad move indeed. Despite his great anger control, he has and does erupt rarely. Normally only in the most extreme cases after he is mad at tons of smaller things and then something much bigger smacks him. When this happens he seems to become a weird dark alter-ego. Two things could happen: The first being him flying into a howling frenzy, trying with all his might to stop what makes him angry (or at least break something), not a nice sight at all. Normally this ends after a few minutes leaving him mostly very sorry and mad at himself for losing control. The other is, if possible, even more disturbing. In this trance like state, all his rage and pain turn his brain into a kind of lump of determination. He then, without hesitation, does what he thinks is the most logical thing to do to stop what is making him mad, doing it with total lack of emotions and unerring precision.

If you leave his dark half out of perspective though, he is altogether the probably most charming, friendly and intelligent person you will ever meet. He has a very strong sense of humor and thinks almost anything is funny in some way. He uses lots of sarcasm mostly to show a person their mistakes and to maybe get a laugh out of the others. He also has an innate sense of honor and right and wrong. He despises cruelty and injustice and sees the whole thing very simple: If something is wrong, he makes it stop. He loves Metal music, mostly nu-Metal. He has only contempt for Death-Metal though. He also has great respect for scientist such as Prof. Oak and Mr. Pokemon.

History: Connor comes from a small town called Toelz in a far flung continent covered by a colossal forest. His love of Pokemon manifested already in young years. Sometimes he would disappear for days on time to live in the forest with Pokemon. He mostly doesn't talk much about his connection with Pokemon, thinking it could weaken his super-cool status. He knew his whole life that something was different about him, he could understand Pokemon's needs, thoughts, fears and feelings. Drifting through the woods of his homeland he could feel the earth itself whisper.

Sometimes when he was out in nature, Connor sometimes felt like he was losing himself; drifting along like a gust of wind, living off berries, and building his own improvised shelter. It was a hard feeling to describe; almost like being where you want to be, belong to be, but at the same time horrifying and destabilizing. Feeling himself become more like nature, Connor lost more and more of his civilization. After a particular extreme incident he fled from his home forest to civilization.

Soon seeing his natural gift as a great boon to a trainer, he quickly rose in ranks and skill. But now, he is stranded somewhere in uncivilized land, full of untamed nature. How long can he resist his instincts? [BTW, the extreme incident doesn't have anything to do with killing, cannibalism or any similar thing. I'm not THAT weird.]

Pokemon:
    Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Fiera - Female Salamance

Fiera was Connor's first Pokemon and lifelong companion. She is huge for her species, almost the size of a small house and has fierce silver and red markings all over her body. She is very protective and would do anything for Connor. This can become a problem though, since she can easily become hostile to people she doesn't trust.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    [The] Terminator - Genderless Metagross

Terminator, named after one of Connor's favorite movies, was Connor's second Pokemon, caught as a Beldum. Terminator is a very logical, no-nonsense type, although he is very loyal to Connor and tolerates his humor, mostly.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Lightning - Male Jolteon

Lightning is best compared to Connor's dog. He is very playful, loyal and protective. He loves to run and play with Connor and mostly socializes very well.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Tank - Male Blastoise

Tank was caught by Connor back in his homeland near a pond (the starters have to come from SOMEWHERE). Tank is very thick headed and hard to controll, but Connor manages it mostly.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Inferno - Female Typhlosion

Also caught back in his homeland, one can only say that her nickname truly fits. Or one could say she has a "fiery personality".

Sample:
    "YOU CAN'T BEAT ME! GO NIDORINO!!!!" the young trainer yelled at the top of his lungs. Connor smiled. "Fiera…?" Connor said, He felt Fiera ready for action. "Barbecue." The fight ended pretty much right then. "And the winner is... KING CONNOR!" the referee shouted, and the crowd erupted into cheers. Connor put up his hands and bathed in his victory.

Later Connor was sitting in a bar, enjoying a break. He lost the crowd of fans a few blocks off. He looked into his half empty glass. The whole fame stuff was starting to get really boring. It started out really harmless, a trainer here asking for some tips, a friendly handshake their. But now…"It seems like I shot over the goal...again." Connor murmured to himself. He kept staring at his glass. He wasn't drunk; he just didn't know what to do.
    Suddenly a man entered the bar. "Are you Sir Connor L.?", the man asked. He was middle aged, had black hair and was wearing a hat.

"Who wants to know?" Connor said back without looking up from his glass.

"My name is Mr. Pokemon. I would have an offer to make."

Connor jumped up and banged his knee against the table pretty hard. "Ow, ffffuu.... Mr. Pokemon? The famous professor?! The one who first discovered Pokemon eggs?!" Connor asked biting his tongue.

"At your service." the man took off his hat in salute and shook his hand. "And are you Connor L., alias 'King Connor' the famous Pokemon trainer?"

Connor still couldn't believe it. Somebody this important just came into a small bar just to meet him for some offer! "Yes sir. I am Connor L.! How may I help you?" Connor said with a wide smile.

Mr. Pokemon sat down and ordered another drink for the both of them. "As I already said, I wanted to make you an offer. As you probably know, I work over in region known as Johto, a nice place really. You have obviously shown great knowledge in both training and Pokemon science." He was referring to a seminar he was once invited to. No one expected him to say much, but he almost took over the entire show with his knowledge of Pokemon behavior and life. "And I wanted to ask you if you are possibly interested in working as an assistant of mine for a little while, sort of like a summer job."

Connor had a hard time keeping his jaw from falling onto the table. A summer job? With a super important professor? In another region where no one knew him? "Hell yeah!" Connor exclaimed only to realize his bad wording. "Oh, sorry sir. I mean, that I would love to!"

Mr. Pokemon chuckled. "That's a wicked tongue you've got there boy! I am happy to hear that you like the idea. Of course, I will pay for the whole trip and lodging etc."

Connor still couldn't believe his good fortune. "Thank you sir! You won't regret it!" Connor said, beaming all over.

Mr. Pokemon then handed him a ticket for a ferry to Olivine in Johto, explaining that he would meet him there. When he packed up his things and got up from the table, he asked, "Oh and, may I ask what "L." stands for?"

"No, you may not.", Connor said smiling. Mr. Pokemon smiled too and left.

Connor stayed up that night, packing the most important things. Nothing special, some clothes, toothbrush, some personal belongings. After that, he went to bed.

Connor dreamt that night. It wasn't something special really; Connor had dabbled in lucid dreaming before. In his dream, he was back in his home forest, but this wasn't unusual either, as he often dreamt about home. But something was different this time; he wasn't alone. There was someone, or something, else here. He could feel it. First a slight tingling in the back of his neck, and then all his hair stood straight up. He slowly turned around, only to see something huge, black and canine-like pounce at him! Overcome by violent throws of pure panic he fled at top speed. Running and running and running, Connor ran faster and faster; out of his home woods, over large plains, and all the way to a city. He pounded onto a door, begging for help, but no answer came. He then looked around and realized with sheer horror that that what was around him wasn't a city anymore, but some kind of ancient ruin. He saw the creature turn around a corner and he started running again; faster and faster. Through unknown lands he never saw before. The creature came closer and closer. Connor ran faster than he had ever run before, only to feel the creature advance. Then, in a mighty leap, the creature pounced Connor, engulfing his body in darkness.

Then Connor woke up, covered in sweat. He wasn't in his bed anymore. He was lying in his small kitchen, naked. He sat up and started contemplating his dream. He often did this after a particularly vivid nightmare. While thinking about it, one of his favorite songs popped into his mind, in particular one line: "What if I say you're not like the others? What if I say you're not just another one? You are the pretender!" The pretender...it somehow felt connected to the dream. He didn't believe that dreams could be prophetic, but he knew that they can know a lot through your sub-consciousness, some things that might even be worthy to be deemed prophetic. "The pretender...what am I pretending to do?" he thought to himself, puzzled. Then another thought struck him: "I've met a lot of Pokemon, large, small, scary, cute. And I was never afraid of anyone, however fierce." Actually, he never was really afraid of ANYTHING. But it only was a dream, dreams can exaggerate, or was it maybe something more?

The next day Connor was down at the dock, waiting for Mr. Pokemon. After waiting for around an hour, a postman came up to him. "Are you Mr. Connor L.?" The man asked.

"Yup, that's me", Connor answered.

"Telegram for you sir." the postman declared handing him a small notice.

"Thanks.", Connor answered giving him a small tip, already opening the note from the professor.

Dear Connor,

I am sorry to say that I am going to be held up here for a little longer than expected. I will take the next boat after yours. I have enclosed a hotel ticket for you to stay until I arrive.

Sincerely, Mr. Pokemon

Connor slipped the hotel ticket from the envelope and shrugged. He might as well go on board then…

Last edited:

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    OOC: The plot, esp. the PCP3 reminds me of the undeveloped planet pact (or something like that) from Star Ocean 3. Any connection?

Anyway, here we go.

Name: Axel LeRoux

Physical Description: Axel is built tall and lean, with good posture and narrow shoulders. However, he's no bodybuilder. Even at a solid 6'1", he weighs only about 135 pounds, very little of that being actual muscle. Because he travels frequently, often by foot, he manages to keep a thin form, and despite his lack of real defined muscle, he has a good deal of stamina and is quite the runner when he has to be. His sandy blonde hair stops just short of his eyeline; although if it gets wet or just too gross, it gets matted down enough where it just barely pokes him right in the eyeball. Although he'd never really admit it, his facial features aren't half bad to look at, a tan face from sun drenched ruins and exploration rounded off with a pleasant smile and nicely proportioned misty blue eyes that twinkle like a calm breeze when he's happy and rage like a hurricane when he's mad.

In terms of clothing, Axel has never dressed to impress. He has never liked sport coats or suits of any kind, and the mere thought of ties will have his skin crawling. He has unusual high tolerance to heat and cold, so more often than not a T-shirt (his favorite being a white t-shirt emblazoned with a Mawile, it's jaws bared viciously towards the viewer, complete with blocky text underneath suggesting that the reader "Bite Me") and a pair of black jeans will keep him more than comfortable. When the cold front really sets in though, sometimes he convinces himself to put on a gray zip-up hoodie jacket, usually unzipped, with the sleeves rolled up. The entire outfit is not complete of course, without his lucky tennis shoes. These shoes have more holes than a Donphan's dancing grounds but Axel swears by them; insisting that the once jet black, now stone gray converse with the frayed neon green laces are what makes him complete as a person; he never goes anywhere without them.

Pokemon Team:

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Pidgeotto – Female – "Zelda" – Zelda is the latest in the line of Pidgeot Palace Pidgeots, the daughter of the magnificent Queenie, who is said to have been the most majestic in the history of all of the Palace Pidgeots. Zelda was given to Axel by his parents when he left for Pewter City at the age of 18. Axel and Zelda grew up together, so their bond is very tight and they have almost a sibling like relationship. She is protective of Axel, but has learned that once he has something set in his mind, there's no choice but to go along with it.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Haunter – Male – "Sykes" – Skyes was a Gastly that had taken its home in Room 219 of the Palace. After repeated complaints of bumps in the night from patrons, Axel was sent in to take care of the problem. What was a problem for many turned out to be an asset to Axel, who needed help sneaking into a lot of his favorite excavation spots that were… less than his? Sykes is a troublemaker, plain and simple. He loves to spook people and is quite an expert at making strange noises.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Starmie – Genderless – "Stella" – Stella doesn't talk much. She (she's been assigned the female gender by the rest of the team) is very down to earth and does what she's told. She usually stays in her pokeball, and is almost mechanic in the way she accomplishes tasks.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Houndour – Male – "Mars" – Mars was a stray that Axel found while outside of Celadon City. While very young, he is still very confident and often assumes the position of leader of the pack. He loves to give orders and is quick to snap when he is toyed with or talked down to. The rest of the team, including Axel, has gained a healthy respect for him because of it.

Intro Post:

"Professor, please!"

Axel LeRoux's desperate cries did little to sway the iron-set constitution of Professor James Frenkel. Frenkel was a short, balding man in his late 40's with brown beady eyes and a small bushy moustache which seemed to tickle him because at least once a sentence he had to scrunch up his face to wiggle something out of it.

"Axel, I'm not even going to argue with you. You're not going to this conference. End of story." Frenkel turned away from the boy and was about to walk out the door but Axel gripped him firmly by the shoulder.

"Professor Frenkel, please. You have no idea what this means to me. I've wanted to go to a gathering of the Olivine Mythological Archaeologists for my entire life; it's why I came here in the first place! You know better than I do that what they do there is suited perfectly to my area of study and-" at this, Professor Frenkel whirled around, a fire in his eyes and a twitch in his moustache.

"-and you know better than I do that there is no way that the Pewter City School of Archaeology is going to risk sending you to another conference after the LAST one we sent you to!" Axel looked down, slightly abashed. He recalled the conference in question; or rather the parts before and after he had given the curator of the Fuschia City Museum of Archaeology a broken rib and a fractured left pinky. The parts before; the curator insulting his theories, calling them childish drivel, and the parts after; being led away by Fuschia City Police representatives, were all clear enough. The actual violent event in question was just sort of a red blur. Axel looked up; his cheeks still flush with embarrassment.

"Professor, that was two years ago! I'm a different person now; I've grown up a lot. …and besides, wouldn't you be upset if you had your strongest beliefs pushed aside like trash in the wind?" Axel paused briefly, sighing deeply. "Please Professor; you can't take my dream away when it's right in my grasp." Frenkel sighed and turned away.

"I'm sorry, Axel. The OMA is too big of a benefactor for the school to allow me to take the risk of sending you to this conference. We'll be sending Julian Kensington instead." Axel's jaw nearly dropped to the floor.

"Julian Kensington!? Are you kidding me? Like he gives a rat's ass if he goes to this conference! The only reason he wants to go is that his girlfriend lives in Olivine City. Surely you-"

"That may be, but maybe that will keep him occupied from putting the chairman of the OMA in the hospital." Frenkel interrupted coldly, turning to stare at the boy dead in the eyes. Axel's heart dropped. He realized that no amount of arguing was going to change anything, that when the Frenk made up his mind, the Frenk made up his mind. Without saying a word, Axel quietly turned and walked out of the Professor's office into the deserted hallway. His hands stuffed in his pockets, he walked down towards his dormitories, occasionally kicking at the floor.

"Julian Kensington?" he mumbled. "I can't believe that after 2 years of pining for that damn conference, "Lazy Jules" Kensington gets the honor… like he'd even know what to do when he got there." He laughed to himself. "Maybe I should just show up." Suddenly, he stopped cold.

Maybe he SHOULD just show up… Axel had family friends in Olivine and they were always happy to accommodate any of the LeRouxs when they were in town. It'd be easy to convince them that he was off on a school break…

Two hours later, night had fallen, and he had his mind made up. With a small bag packed, he was in the main courtyard, with Zelda's pokeball in hand. After making sure nobody was around, he released the Pidgeotto, where she cooed lovingly. Axel smiled warmly and petted her soft feathers. Zelda had come from a long line of Pidgeots that had served as the mascot of "Pidgeot's Palace", the finest old world inn in the city of Ecruteak, and also Axel's place of birth. His parents were also from a long line of Palace caretakers, and Axel had planned to take up that same torch until he was about 16 when he discovered his passion for archaeology. As he climbed onto Zelda's back, he smirked.

Ecruteak. Now THAT was an archaeologist's town. Axel had cut his archaeological teeth, so to speak, on the ancient towers of Ecruteak, and had come across records of pretty much every spiritual or mystical occurrence that one could think of within the city walls of the Ghost town of Ecruteak. Where was Julian Kensington from? Saffron City. His father was a Silph Co. Executive and when Julian decided that he wanted to look at some old bones and make some easy cash (or so he thought), all he had to do was snap his fingers and he was there, tuition check in hand. Axel didn't quite have it so easy; only after years of travel and research was he able to write a paper satisfactory enough to give him the scholarship that he needed to even afford the most basic of dues. Whatever. Like it mattered. He would show everyone how much he deserved to be at that conference.

"Zelda, let's go to Vermillion. We have a boat to catch."

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Name : Tyler Kamp

Physical Description: Although being 20 years old, Tyler is still about the height of someone about 16 years old, and only weighs about 120 pounds and looks unreasonably skinny. He has moderately long black hair that swerves in front of his eyes, but not any longer. His eyes are a light shade of blue, and he is also extremely pale. Although he is so small, he still is a bit athletic and enjoys playing various sports. He is the exact opposite of a jock, and he knows it and doesn't care about it either. Tyler takes pride in actually keeping his weight in check, unlike many other people that he sees.

Tyler dresses in many different ways depending on the occasion, but he can usually be found wearing a collared shirt of a solid color, and khaki pants. In the winter he sports a light fleece, even in unusually cold temperatures. He usually sports tan slip on shoes. The one kind of clothing you will not see him wearing are jeans, as he hates them with a burning passion. When needed to dress formally, Tyler wears a white button down shirt and a blue tie, with a black blazer over it. He wears dress pants and slightly more fancy shoes as well. Since Tyler lives in Dewford, he likes to wear sandals, khaki shorts and a tee shirt whenever he goes to the beach.

Pokemon Team:

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Shedinja (Male, Roh) Tyler got Roh from a deal he made with his brother, where Tyler would train the Nincada and when it evolved his brother would obtain the Ninjask and he would get the Shedinja. They agreed, and the deal went through. The Shedinja was Tyler's first pokemon and remains very loyal to him. Roh is very kind and light hearted, and it is very difficult to dislike him.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Xatu (Female, Majel) Majel was found as a Natu when Tyler was roaming through the forest and they have bonded ever since. Majel is calm and collected, but when the time comes for battle she is fierce.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Tropius (Female, Keery) Tyler's main goal as a trainer was to catch his favorite pokemon, Tropius. He did one day and named it Keery. Keery is very serious, but he is great friends with all of the other pokemon and really lightens up once you get to know him.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Psyduck (Male, Dris) When Tyler was swimming in the water he was suddenly jumped on by the psyduck he would later catch and name Dris. Dris is playful and intellagent, and is very attached to Tyler.

Intro Post:

"I've never been to Johto before..."

Tyler muttered, looked straight into the other man's eyes. It was Brawly, the gym leader in Dewford. He was assigning Tyler to go challenge a few of the leaders in Johto and report back to him about what techniques the leaders used. Brawly was mentoring Tyler on his progress as a trainer, so it was only natural that he would ask him to do the task.

"Now Tyler, I know this seems a bit daunting, but I think it would help you as a trainer, and me as a leader, so it's a win win situation!" Brawly replied excitedly, his blue hair waving in his face.

"I'm just, not so sure. I haven't been able to defeat all of the gyms in Hoenn, let alone in another region..." Tyler said.

"Don't be so hard on yourself! You've beaten half here, and three in Johto won't be any harder! Your a great trainer, you just need to build up on a few skills and you will be fine. And besides, I really need to catch up on what the other leaders are doing." He said, chuckling at the end of his statement.

"So you want me to take a boat to Vermilion, and then connect to Ollivine?" Tyler asked.

"Yes, exactly. Not that hard, as long as you have a map." Brawly said with a smirk.

"Fine..." Tyler muttered, leaving the gym. He walked into his house, filled his bag with food and other things, and headed to the boat dock. Tyler approached a heavy set sailor smiling at me.

"To Vermilion city?" He asked, and he nodded. He walked through the dock until he saw a large boat labeled, Dewford->Vermilion. The boat was a bright shade of white, and Tyler stepped onto it, only to be approached by a skinny man in a suit. He had blond hair and brown eyes, and asked to see my ticket. he showed him the yellow piece of paper Brawly had given him the day before.

"Follow me." The man said, walking away. They went down a flight of stairs and reached the cabins. He pointed to a door and handed Tyler a key for it, leaving shortly afterwards. He opened the door to see a bed and a closet. It was only one night long, so he knew he would be okay. Tyler spent the night on the boat and woke to see that they had docked. He headed off the boat and into Vermillion. Tyler didn't even bother to see the sights, he just quickly headed for the next boat. He had the ticket for it, but still had to wait as the boat didn't leave until later, so he headed to rest in the Pokemon center.

OOC; Sorry about how short it is.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Can you reserve me a spot? :3 Hopefully I''ll have an SU up by tonight :)

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    If you need me to fix anything, just say.
    Name:
    Daniel Danny Blackbourne

Physical Description:
    Danny is a rather gentle boy, but you would never guess it from his dress. What irks him most is when people call him scrawny and short, he does have to admit that he is short, but not scrawny, slim is more precise. In fact, he is rather conditioned due to his traveling. Standing at a total of 5' 3" and a weight of only 130, he is generally smaller than others his age; but more likely than not faster and stronger. Dirty blond hair with medium-brown streaks is usually gelled up into a fauxhawk. Underneath his locks you will find steel blue-gray eyes, exhibiting just a tiny bit of yellow. Due to all the sun-exposure, his skin is slightly bronzed, it is probably what many people would call a perfect tan. A pair of black shades are placed atop his head, ready to pull down incase the rays get too overpowering.

Instead of wearing what people would most likely where when traveling, Danny wears rather casual clothes. Also for the most part, he carries around a set of formal clothes. A white over-shirt, buttoned all the way to the top, excluding the top three buttons is part of his usual attire. The shirt of course will often vary in color, some days , black, blue, gray, or even a dark red will suffice. Underneath is either a white or black wife-beater, or just nothing at all. A pair of regular medium-gray vintage jeans go with whatever top he decides to wear. Then of course his shoes, will match any of the shirts he wears as well, they are dark gray and light gray in a checkered pattern. For easy access they are pair of slip-ons. Also to make him seem like he isn't a freak, he avoids knee-high socks, and goes with the much smaller ankle style. On his waist is a pouch holding five of his six Pokemon, the sixth hanging from a chain at his neck. Then to top it off, he has a gray multi-pocket backpack.
    Pokemon Team:

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Blitz the Combusken(♂)
    Blitz is a fearsome fighter. He won't give up until he is down and out. A little of hot-head, he likes to takes on challenges. He is impulsive and if he has an idea, he will try it. Always trying to dodge, he finds it a bit useless when the trainers tell their Pokemon to dodge. Wouldn't you jump out of the way of a huge giant ball of fire, or would you wait for someone to tell you to? Exactly.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Sigmund the Elekid (♂)
    Sigmund is a kid, just like the name Elekid suggests. He loves to play around and have fun, just like all the human kids do. Sig takes most topics lightly and doesn't care whether he wins or loses, he just wants to have fun. Also, like all kids he can throw a tantrum, and they can get quite irritable.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Chocolate the Abra(♀)
    Chocolate is a chill pokemon. She keeps to herself, and feels distant from the others in her team. She prefers it that way, no one to mess up her concentration. This has led Danny to believe that she has some kind of hatred for others, but in truth she cares about them, she just isn't keen on showing her emotions.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Psi the Beldum(X)
    Psi is another energetic little fellow, and quite possibly best friends with Sigmund. They are always seen around each other when they are out of their pokeballs. Psi tries its hardest to beat Sig in everything possible. They have a friendly rivalry going.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Blade the Scyther(♂)
    Blade is just a fearsome fighter as Blitz. Though fights in a very different way, he relies on speed and stealth rather than the brute force that Blitz turns to. Every fiber of his being hates the bird. Often times he tries to show him up, but Blitz seems oblivious to it. This only angers him more.

Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Dawn the Spoink(♀)
    Dawn is a rather klutzy character, but no matter what happens it always stays bouncing. It is rather a miracle how she does. A smile is on her face for the most part, but she worries that she will lose her pearl, and is always looking for a bigger one.

Intro Post:
    Danny took a deep breath and detached the ball from the chain around his neck. "We have made it thus far, don't fail me now! Take it away Blitz!" With that he tossed it into the air and released the bird. There was a certain flair in both the trainer and the Pokemon's eyes, a flair of confidence that they would not fail. "Sky uppercut!" he yelled, pointing at the opposing force, a Roserade.

From across their makeshift battlefield the other trainer smiled a devious grin. "Roserade, use grassknot!" The creature did as it master willed, and tripped the bird Pokemon just as it was about make its punch. It fell flat on its face and let out a bit of whine. It glanced at its master and they exchanged nods. Magical leaves began to float from the flowers that made up its hands, then they rushed towards the Combusken in a flurry.

Without a command, in a measure of self-defense the Combusken blew flames from its beak, burning the leaves to a crisp and shooting straight at the attacker. The green creature staggered backwards in pain. The bird had to wait for only a few seconds until a command was given, this time a sky uppercut. A powerful punch to the jaw sent the Roserade flying into the air. It fell to the ground giving off a queer thump as its unconscious body made contact with concrete.

With a look of glee in face the blond male spoke up, "There! I won. I told you that I would this time. That sets our score about even, huh Garrett?"

The other boy called back, "Well, yeah. But our next match I will pull into the lead!" With that he waved and turned. They both had their own things to do and their own places to be. A few steps and then he stopped, " 'Til next, bro." he said. They weren't actually brothers, but pretty darn close. They had been best friends since child hood, their journeys however, set them apart. There friendship is withering due to the prolonged period of time spent away from the other, the period of time meeting new people and experiencing new things. In fact, they were so different that there would probably never be a next time or at least not for a very long time. They were headed to different places, Danny for Johto and Garrett for Sinnoh.

Checking the watch on his PokeTech he let out sigh, he still had an hour left before the ship began boarding. Since the battle was done, he recalled Combusken and clipped the ball back onto its chain.The two boys always had one on one battles, with the first Pokemon they ever caught, Danny obviously had the upper hand strength-wise, but didn't usually come up with all that great of strategies. As he stepped out of the dark warehouse he was reunited with the blazing heat and the intensifying light of the sun. Because it hurt his eyes as he hadn't fully transitioned from dark to light, he was squinting. The trip to Johto would be nice, up to that point he had lived a pretty mundane life, beat this gym leader here, and this one here. He did get five of the eight badges, and he could easily do the rest, but he wanted a change.

"I suppose I should go get my Pokemon checked up." he said to himself. By the time he had arrived at the Poke Center, his eyes had adjusted. He pushed open the doors and walked up to the nurse at the counter. "I just want to get a check-up, if that's all right." It was all right, and he knew it, he had already opened the pouch on his waist and began to get out his Pokemon.

"Yes, certainly." Nurse Joy gave a nod before taking the poke balls. With a smile she turned, clutching the five balls.

"Wait, I have one more." Danny said, clipping the ball from its necklace and placing it on the counter. He eyed the nurse carefully as she grabbed it and walked into the back room, he didn't want them stolen. It wasn't that he expected a nurse to, but what if it was an imposter. It wouldn't have been a first people have tried before and it wouldn't be odd if someone had did it again. In fact, he was a victim of it, and lost the Shroomish he had caught the day before. When he took back his Pokemon, instead of a Shroomish he got a Beldum. So the trade off wasn't all bad, he hadn't even gotten an attachment to the Shroomish and it hadn't him. Also he got a rare Pokemon for something rather common, so its all good.

As he waited for the nurse, he took a seat on the recliner nearby. He slipped off his shoes and kicked back. On the sofa next to him, there was man. A business by looks of his attire, a suit and tie, and some fancy leather shoes. They exchanged brief hellos before the nurse called Danny back to get his Pokemon. He placed the five in his pouch a clipped the fifth back onto his necklace. The Combusken wasn't his starter Pokemon, it was the first one that he had actually caught. It was a stubborn little Torchic then, determined to remain wild. But once he caught, it seemed rather glad. It had helped him through so many struggles that he had. The nurse had told him that everything checked out fine, and to continue getting a good nights rest.

Checking his PokeTech he had a good thirty minutes before the boat was to set off. The walk to pier was around five if he walked at a hurried pace. But if it was a nice casual stroll it took around eight. Glancing around the business man was gone, and replaced by an eager young trainer, his face beaming with excitement. Danny couldn't help but let out a chuckle, all the fledgling trainers were the same. They believed that they could become the best damn trainer ever. He was like that at one point too. It is a rather sad thought, knowing that it will never be accomplished.

There was an odd silence about, the only noise coming from the back room, and the shuffling of feet. It was a good silent, it was the eerie quietness that just suddenly happens; no it was a warmer, more relaxing quiet. A few minutes passed, and he checked his watch, 18 more minutes to go. Thinking it best to feed his pokemon, he brought them all out: Combusken, Beldum, Elekid, Abra, Scyther, and Nuzleaf. He withdrew A large can poured some in front of all his Pokemon. They quickly devoured it, all except for Beldum, who had no mouth. With that out of the way he headed for the pier. There was a bit of a line formed, so he decided to get out his ticked. He kept it in the side pouch of his backpack, it was little dinky piece of paper, nothing more. As he approached the man, he flashed the ticket and moved on. A woman showed him to his room on the boat, and he let out a sigh of relief as he tossed his pack onto the bed, flopping down after it.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    ((Originally I was going to go with a boy character for a change, but seeing as all of the SU's up to this point are guys, I'm putting up a girl.))

Name: Olivia "Liv" Rayna Charleston

Physical Description: Olivia is a tall fourteen-year-old, standing at a height of about 5'8" and weighs around 109 pounds. She is pale-skinned, but had had a fair amount of exposure to the sun, meaning that she has a slightly imperfect tan, but a tan all the same. A small but clearly pointed nose sits in the middle of her face with a pale-lipped mouth below. Thought she used to have braces, Liv has had them removed at this point and is now just wearing a retainer over her naturally off-white teeth. Olivia's left ear is mysteriously larger than the right, but both are a little thin and less round than one would expect, but this detail is hard to notice if the viewer is at any distance. Short but thick eyelashes top Olivia's brown gaze, and the closer into the pupil you look, you would notice that her irises become more reddish. Saving most interesting for last, Olivia has bright spring green hair (assuming that this is the pokemon world where green is a common haircolor) that fades into an azure color at the tips. The green locs hang down to just below Liv's shoulders and are naturally curly, but unfortunately wet weather causes her hair to become quite frizzy.

When the roleplay begins, Olivia will be wearing a pair of white tennis shoes with bright pink aglets (aglets: the plastic ends of shoelaces). Extending up from her shoes are a pair of white socks with hot pink, in much the same shade as found on her shoes, rims and a hot pink lightningbolt logo near the top and on the outer side. These socks go up to her knee, keeping Liv's lower legs nice and warm. Further up you will find that Olivia is wearing a short skort- a skirt with 'built in' shorts-that is a beautiful shade of dark blue. A lighter, brighter blue jacket covers her arms while underneath is a t-shirt that she picked specifically because it could be compared to the pink coloring on her socks and shoes. To tie the outfie together, Liv is wearing a blue and white headband just above her bangs. When Olivia goes out she puts on a plain white backpack where she keeps some potions and other pokemon-related items except her pokeballs which are fastened to a specially made belt of an even darker shade of blue than the skirt that it sits on.

Pokemon: I don't like pictures, you wont get any out of me!

Smudge (Male Smeargle)
    For her first pokemon, Olivia's parents searched far and wide ending up with a wily smeargle that is now called Smudge. Although she didn't, and still doesn't know where Smudge came from, Olivia was very happy to have her own pokemon and gladly accepted him. When in battle, Smudge tends to be a bit annoying for the first few turns, dawdling or using the wrong moves intending to frustrate his trainer. However, this lasts only a few minutes and after a while he collects his joker self and puts out his best, showing off the strength that he posesses.

Pi (Male Cherrim)
    Pi was the first pokemon that Olivia caught, found in a forest close to her home in Cerulean city. When she saw a troop of cherubi marching across the path early on in her 'adventure', Olivia decided that she must have one. Smudge (after a few of his tricks) beat one of the cherubi and the instant after the cherry pokemon hit the ground it was pulled into the pokeball that would catch it. With his serious and intelligent nature, Liv came up with the name Pi, sounding like pie- a food that can be made from cherries, but being spelled like pi, the infamous number that never ends. This simple play of words has brought a smile to the faces of some of the trainers that Olivia has battled.

Sweet Treat "Sweetie" (Female combee)
    After a few weeks had passed with Smudge and Pi, as well as a weedle called sting, Liv found herself in Pallet town. While there, she met a young boy trainer with a moderately-powerful female combee that he called Sweet Treat, or just Sweetie for short. He enthusiastically challenged Olivia to a battle, but promptly lost to Pi's superior strength (Pi was and still is Liv's strongest pokemon). Although the young man was interested in the pokemon that had beat him, the thought of owning a weedle intrigued him. So it was later that day that a trade was preformed, Sweet Treat for Olivia's weedle Sting, and she has treasured the combee ever since.

Intro Post: A thick swath of fog hung around a small home in the outskirts of Cerulean City. The moisture in the air made the light somewhat flat and dim, but enough light managed to show through in order to wake the sleeping Olivia from her pleasent dreams. Groggily, she stretched and got out of bed, but became filled with a new energy when she remembered the importance of today. Olivia was going to leave for a trip to Olivine town, and the excitement was overwhealming. She scooped up a nice-looking outfit and rushed into it, as well as putting on her favorite backpack and grabbing her pokeballs. Finally, she was going to travel beyond the Kanto region, for although Johto was close, there were still many new things waiting for her. In anticipation she bolted down the stairs and grabbed a box of cereal and a bowl. The flakes of breakfast falling out of the box hurried into the bowl almost as fast as Liv was hurrying. Just then, her mom walked in with an annoyed look on her face.

"Liv, why are you spilling cereal on the counter and eating the food in your bowl without milk? Milk builds strong bones; take a glass will you?"

"I'm just so excited I can hardly think! Pretty soon me and my three pals will be headed off to Johto for the start of a new and exciting adventure! Just think of all the interesting pokemon and spectacular challenges we will come across in the Johto region!"

"Okay, I see. But dreaming pokemon trainers can still get osteoperosis if they don't drink enough milk when they are young. Next thing you know you will be skipping breakfast entirely!"

"Oh Mom! You and your crazy milk. Aren't there more important things in life than milk?"

After saying that Olivia Jumped up from her chair and walked over to the refirgerator to grab some milk like her mom had asked. Mom seemed crazy sometimes, but was usually right about what she said. Liv chugged down the milk and sprinted out the door, saying goodbye in a flash, still very eager to head off again with her pokemon.

It was a long way from Cerulean to Vermillion, but with the help of a friend's charizard Olivia was able to make it there in no time at all. The ship was docked and waiting for passengers, with a charmy young man checking people's tickets. Liv got hers out and walked up to the boat.

"Ticket please." Said the man in a voice even more charming than his looks. Olivia flashed her ticket while simultaniously trying to contain her energy and excitement.

"Thank you Ma'am, you can go ahead and board now."

It took no more than a few seconds for Olivia to reach the deck and be on the other side, leaning over slightly and watching the waves from behind the rail. She decided that her pokemon would like to see the ship too, so with a swing of her hands Olivia released her three from their red-and-white balls. Smudge happily leapt onto the rail, but was careful enough not to fall. Sweet Treat buzzed around, examining her current location, before settling into a quiet hover in front of her trainer. Pi took one look at the still-overcast sky and concluded that it would be much prettier with brilliant sunlight. He released a beautiful sparkle of sunny day that transformed the sky into a wonderland of sunlight and himself into an open-form cherrim, much cuter and more mobile. Now the time was perfect and with her three pokemon Olivia waited for a new start to begin, but little did they know that the adventure they were about to begin was far from what they expected.

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Faeldrake: Declined. Your formatting hurts my eyes. ^^; And I really don't see much originality, it's like he's got all these great skills and these cliche weaknesses….yeah I'm sorry I have to decline you. :< As far as improving, if you wanted to, you'd need to fix that personality/history into something much more read-able and your character just needs more depth. You might also want to run it through a spell checker. Your character needs a full personality and background. There needs to be a history, life changing events [or the lack there of] and room for growth. At the moment… well you seem very very blah.

YoshiRiRu: Pending That name's the same as in paralell's role-play, isn't it? That much recycling is bad bad bad bad bad bad. Please rename. And on that note, can you explain to me how this is a different character from your character in that role-play? I see very similar pokemon with identical personalities… refurb profiles aren't okay here. ^^; Just mix it up bait?

Fawa: Pending I need you to beef up that intro post, I'm not getting a sense of Tyler's personality at all and it just feels… blah. I like the description and the pokemon lengths so let's try fixing up that intro post of yours if you'd like another shot at joining. :3

Meneur d'enfer: Accepted because pink is manly Yeah I like this. :D Very original, love that bit about the knee-high socks and the intro post is very fluid; I'm not finding any real problems at all with it. :> Yaaaay! Go post in the OoC and I'll add you to the player list shortly.

A NOTE Guys I don't do reservations. It's a first come first serve basis so just vm me when your profiles are done or you pending people if you want to try again. <3 Also, if you want more details as to why you were accepted/not accepted drop me a line and I'll do the best I can [getting over the flu. XD;]

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Omnizaru: Declined Your profile excited me. Until you started your intro. = =; It's....kinda messy. There should be breaks between all that dialouge and thoughts are normally put into italics or something along those lines
    Kliff walked along the peir to the ship. What could go wrong, he thought...

For example, this sort of idea here would work much better as more of a compound sentence. If it was me, I'd do something along the lines of:

"As Kliff walked along the peir to the ship, he couldn't help a smile. What could possibly go wrong?"

See the difference? The sentence you had was choppy, it didn't flow together as a cohesive thought. By putting in a few 'transition' words we made that sentence much more appealing to the eyes, ears and keyboard. :> So if you can fix all that up, you've got a good shot at getting in. Your description and your pokemon are fine, [I like the character concept] but you really need to put more effort into that intro if you want to be a part of this. :>

Last edited:

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    I see where you're coming from, but very little is actually copied from the other one except his name and his phsy. description, and for good reason because he's the same person. If I had just copied and pasted everything over from the other RP, that would be one thing. But I particularly chose the intro post method because it would let me write something completely new to sign up with while keeping in mind the old background information. Only one pokemon is the same, and the personalities were all rewritten. If you really don't like it that much, I can go back and redo it but I hope you don't think I'm being lazy by using an old character, I just like to develop my character throughout a series of roleplays; it helps me to get to know him. The entire intro post was written just for this. I like to take characters that I work hard on developing and putting them into a bunch of situations, but at different points in their lives. This would be Axel at 20, which is 3 years before anything in parallel's RP happened.

Like I said, if it really bugs you that much, I can create another character, but I don't see what the problem with putting a character into two roleplays as long as the quality of the sign up is good and the history and information match with the roleplay, and if they didn't do that in the first place then that should be the underlying problem. I mean if you hadn't seen the character in Parallel's RP would the sign-up bother you?

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    I see where you're coming from, but very little is actually copied from the other one except his name and his phsy. description, and for good reason because he's the same person. Only one pokemon is the same, and the personalities were all rewritten.

Curious, if very little has been copied, do you still have a problem with changing the name?

If you really don't like it that much, I can go back and redo it but I hope you don't think I'm being lazy by using an old character, I just like to develop my character throughout a series of roleplays; it helps me to get to know him. The entire intro post was written just for this. I like to take characters that I work hard on developing and putting them into a bunch of situations, but at different points in their lives. This would be Axel at 20, which is 3 years before anything in parallel's RP happened.

Eh, that's some really shaky ground you're standing on there. I've done this recycling method as well in the past and it's never once really worked all that well looking back on it. Sure, I pull inspiration and character traits from older characters to make new characters. You learn from your mistakes and all that and improve on the plot bunnies from days past. However, the thing I learned the hard way with a couple of my characters [Mika specifically] is that when you reuse them over and over like you're suggesting, you can become almost too attached. Honestly? Mika was nearing blatant BIG-RED-NEON-SIGN MarySue Levels because I was unwilling to change her to suit the new roleplay because I was trying that 'different places in life' strategy. I mean, it makes me cringe to look bcak on it and say 'ew I actually did that? Dx'

Like I said, if it really bugs you that much, I can create another character, but I don't see what the problem with putting a character into two roleplays as long as the quality of the sign up is good and the history and information match with the roleplay, and if they didn't do that in the first place then that should be the underlying problem. I mean if you hadn't seen the character in Parallel's RP would the sign-up bother you?

Yoshi I have absolutely no problem with the general idea of Axel, I have a problem with the character being Axel. I like the general concept of this particular character quite a bit actually and, ontop of that, you know how to roleplay birds very accurately. By no means are you not qualified for this roleplay. Besides the fact I'm also in Paralell's roleplay [which would make it hard for me to keep the two characters separate], I personally just want to see what else you're capable of. You can keep the general template, just change the name and just make it unique, for this roleplay. :3

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Mika said:
    Curious, if very little has been copied, do you still have a problem with changing the name?

I say very little was copied because very little had to be copied; I morphed all of the other things that made Axel Axel into the intro post. Anyway.

I'm not quite sure I follow you when you say keep the same template.. I'd feel kinda weird if I made an Axel-like character without having him be Axel. I mean for me, that'd be like taking a Red sprite, switching the colors around and maybe giving him a new hairstyle then calling him a new character. You could do it, but you'd still see that it's Red.

My main point is is that even though I could design a new character, I feel like he'd end up acting like Axel in the end and end up just being Axel but with a different name. Because he's the character I had in mind for this RP, I feel like subconsciously I'll end up creating a character that is so similar in essence to Axel that it'd be the type of thing where I'd accidentally type Axel in a post.

TLDR version; I don't get how I can stick to the template without feeling like I just made an Axel with a different name. S'all. Can you elaborate for me? Maybe we should take this to a PM so we don't crowd up the sign-ups?

Faeldrake

Werewolf
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    Ok, i redid alot of my post.
    I'm sorry for the formating, i did it in another app. For the spelling: I'm German and have a spelling disorder so sorry, it IS my fault.
    For it being a bad character: I feel stupid saying this but that hit hard, I spent hours for this post, trying to create a perfect fantasy character. If you could tell me what is wrong about him a little more exactly, i will of course change it, assuming you give me another chance

Years
    Sorry I'm late, I got sidetracked....

Name: Reishu Keiku (Nicknamed K.R.)

Physical Description: K.R. is about 5' 11" and weighs around 165 lbs, He has spiky black hair with a blue streak in the front of his hair. He has piercing green eyes and perfect white teeth. He also wears a tight black shirt with a white skull on it which stops at the first half of his top shoulder. Looking at K.R. the first thing that would come to your mind is "A no good punk." K.R. also has two silver earrings in both ears. He wears a black leather spike strap on his right wrist and is seen wearing a silver Dragonair chain on his shirt he also has a dagger tattoo on his right arm, it is sometimes commented on.

K.R wears Black Jeans with a large silver skull on the right back pocket. He has a silver chain wallet in his right pocket. The chain can be seen hanging out of his right pocket. K.R. wears black sneakers that are very durable and tough. At nighttime, K.R. wears a long cyan pajama shirt and cyan pajama pants to bed. They also have white skulls on them. K.R. also has an athletic build which always catches the eyes of girls and women alike. It is known that K.R. often works out. If he was to ever go swimming , K.R. would wear black shorts with many white skulls on them. He also wears his Chain when he goes swimming, complementing his athletic build.

Personality(Just thought I'd like to add that if that's okay...) Even though K.R. looks like a punk looking for trouble, in reality he is actually a kind, strong character. He always like to lend a helping hand to others and is known to have a strong-willed attitude towards his goals. He always keeps his head straight and likes to look on the bright side. K.R. believes that there is good in everyone and can be naive to some extent. In the end though, he is someone anybody would be glad to have on their team. K.R. often thinks before he acts and is not afraid to be wrong. If you could choose anybody to stand up and take charge in a high-pressured situation, K.R. would be the man for the job. .

Pokemon Team: K.R. is a middle-tier trainer and is still trying to figure out what works and what doesn't and is constantly changing up his strategy, however about seventy percent of his tactics usually rely on speed though. (Don't know how to add sprites)

Speedy the Eevee(♂)- Speedy was K.R.'s starter and is usually his first choice for battle.Speedy was given to K.R. as a gift from his mother before he left Celadon Park (Suburb of Celadon City). As his name implies, Speedy was nicknamed by K.R because of his speed. Due to this, K.R. molded his battle startegy around this and has always implemented Carbos in Speedy's diet in order to keep things that way. Speedy is energetic and yet fiesty at the same time and can be quite a handful from time to time.

Zaps the Manetric(♂)- Zaps is K.R.'s recently evolved Manetric. Zaps, like Speedy is a fast pokemon and is also key to K.R.'s main battle style. After evolving from Electryke, Zaps often stops listening to K.R. and he often has trouble controlling him as well. Zaps earned his nickname from K.R. from all of the electric shocks he recieved from him during those long hours of training.

Double S the Shuppet(♂)- Double S is K.R.'s newest pokemon. Before he got on the S.S. Libra, he found Shuppet following him one night while he was reminiscing thoughts about his absent father. After looking up Shuppet in the pokedex, K.R. got out a pokeball and Shuppet jumped right iN! Double S earned his nickname in battle due to his Shadow Sneak attack. After winning his first battle with Shuppet, K.R. dubbed him "Shadow Stalker" however, in order to shorten it, K.R. calls him Double S.

Soaker the Azumarill(♂)- Soaker is the first pokemon K.R. ever caught. K.R. was swimming in a pond out in the woods when an Azurill squirted them with water. Soaker has been one of K.R. chief enforcers ever since. Unlike K.R.'s other pokemon, Soaker specialises in defense and he will be the main cog to K.R.'s defensive tactics. Soaker is also known for his aggresive behavior towards K.R.'s other pokemon and has a rivalry with K.R's Beedrill. Soaker earned his nickname from the powerful blasts of water emitted from his mouth.

Slicer the Beedrill(♂)- Slicer is K.R's Beedrill and is among his fastest pokemon. Slicer was caught in the Viridian Forest by K.R. as a Weedle that kept trying to sting him. Slicer like Soaker, is another hot-headed pokemon and is fairly agrresive and easily irritated. K.R. also noted that Slicer and Soaker cannot be let out of their pokeballs around the same time without a fight to erupt. Slicer earned his nickname due to his deadly Twineedle and Fury Attack.

Intro Post:
    Spoiler:

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    Hi, Mika. I like the plot, though it resembeles i'Aisha's RP, The Echo Of An Island, but still, I like the plot. Now, SU time...

Name: Alienor Desmaris (French Name)

Physical Description: Alienor is very pretty. She has long brown hair and bright blue eyes. Her face is hard, from the cold of Sinnoh. She is an underweight girl, because she is constantly outside. Her skin is pale white, almost as white as the snow. She has a very flexible lower body, but her upper body is weak. She is about 5'9", tall for her age.

Since she lives near Snowpoint, Alienor wears heavy attire. Her normal attire is a long sleeve white or black sweater, black on especially cold days, a waterproof blue jacket, and, if freezing, a maroon tight jacket. On her lower body, she wears a white and blue pair of pants. Her shoes are white snowshoes. She camouflages well with the environment...

Pokemon Team: Having been a trainer for two years, she has developed a team of 5 Pokemon:

Ice Ball- SealeoShipwrecked [PG-16]
    Male
    Ice Ball was Alienor's first Pokemon. Ice Ball was a Spheal given to her by her parents.

Sealeo is a very aggressive Pokemon, and sometimes, like James', from Team Rocket, Carnivine, Sealeo comes out and hits either Alienor or the other trainer and/or coordinator. Sealeo loves to battle and is very reckless. He doesn't know the meaning of the word cautios. For example, when in a Gym battle with Candice, Sealeo crashed into a tree and almost destroyes the Snowpoint Temple.
    Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Magmar- Fire Knight
    Female

Magmar was an accidental find. Alienor was trying to catch a Fearow, but the ball missed Fearow and hit a Magmar. The ball angered Magmar, so Magmar put up a fight. Sealeo and Magmar had a battle Royale. Magmar was weakened enough to catch, so a Pokeball was thrown and he was caught.

Magmar has a grudge on Alienor ever since that incident. He is a very easily angered Pokemon, also might I add extremely stubborn. He doesn't like to follow orders. He does things his own was and usually gets Alienor in trouble.

Cranidos- Rock Head
    Male
    Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    This Pokemon was a gift from Roark. It was a fossil he found in Sinnoh underground.

Cranidos is very calm. He doesn't like to fight. He has a big defense moveset. He is rarely used in battles.

Weavile- Death Reaper

This is the only "caught" Pokemon she has. It was caught on her way to Snowpoint.

A huge powerhouse on the team, second only to Sealeo. D.R. is very obedient and does what he is told. He may, occasionally, listen to the other trainer and mess up things for Alienor.

Pikachu- Volt

Found injured in Viridian Forest, Alienor rushed over to it and gave her treatment. Pikachu was happy that she was saved and asked Alienor if she could take her along. Alienor said yes and Pikachu joined her on the journey.

Volt is a young, eager Pikachu. He likes to be outside. He is very alert and very fast. Sometimes, his swiftness allows him to crash into a tree and get injured, which is his current state.

Personality: Alienor might be pretty on the outside, but feels empty on the inside. This is because she thinks she is prejudiced about her overdressing. She's really not being prejudiced. She doesn't like herself, but others like her.

Alienor is very shy. She isn't very energetic. She doesn't talk much. She thinks that whatever she says will bring her bad luck. She likes to be alone, in the snow. She doesn't mind school, but she is nervous in social situations, even just participating in class. She likes to write her feelings down in a large diary. She thinks she's not smart, but she pulled of a decent average of 95 in trainer's school.

Alienor is a passive girl. She would easily be led into things. She has smoked, once, but stopped, because it tasted horrendous. She then went into drinking, but she got drunk and destroyed the party, and there was a huge fine to be paid by her mad parents, who grounded her that summer.

History: Born in Snowpoint City, she was the youngest of 3 children. She was a normal child. Her parents were concerned. They thought she had some kind of medical problem, because she had no friends and was tired all the time...

I'll finish up later. I'm going to have to eat dinner in a bit,

Years
    [FONT=&quot]This is finished! Feel free to critique![/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Name[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Serenity Ann Laramie[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Physical Description: Serenity is a country girl [or rather, gal] to the end. She also happens to look like what most people think of as the stereotypical cowgirl, and has the southern accent to go with those looks. Dark brown hair covers Serenity's scalp and falls down to just below her shoulders. Rather than have all that hair getting in the way, Serenity haphazardly twists her hair into loose braids with white ribbons to tie them off, not really caring if they look even or neat [she always has clean hair though]. Light brown freckles are dusted across Serenity's cheeks and nose, contrasting greatly with the too large moss green eyes that sit above them. Meanwhile, the sun has certainly left its mark on Serenity by darkly tanning her skin. She stands at 5' 5" and weighs around 115 pounds. Slim, but strong muscles line her body; formed from hours tossing hay bales and roping Tauros. Far from being curvy, Serenity has been 'blessed' with a small chest and small hips, which she likes despite being ostracized by immature boys.

Following through with the country girl look, Serenity can be found in traditional cowgirl garb most of the time. While trekking across regions, Serenity wears 'work' clothes; plaid button-up shirts overlaying white t-shirts, dark washed jeans tucked into cowboy boots, belts with buckles inscribed with the Laramie family symbol, and cream colored cowboy hats atop her head. When not crossing through vast wilderness, Serenity reverts to wearing 'girly' clothes; mostly yellow sundresses lined with white, brown cowboy boots, and straw sunhats. Wearing more modern clothes is completely out of the question in Serenity's mind, firmly believing that the country style is the way to go. Aside from clothing, Serenity wears a silver charm bracelet that she received from her best friend in first grade and her silver purity ring.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Pokémon Team:
    Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Ponyta
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [Ember][/FONT][FONT=&quot]– Ember was Serenity's first Pokémon. She initially received the Ponyta when she was just seven years old as a gift from her parents who bred them for a living. Since the two grew up together, they have the strongest bond of any Pokémon on Serenity's team, although, when they first met, Ember disliked Serenity and would burn her or run away quite frequently. Nowadays, Ember is completely loyal, but still tends to be a bit more free spirited than other Ponyta, as she can often be found galloping around at the crack of dawn just for the fun of it.
    Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Marshtomp
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [Drizzle][/FONT][FONT=&quot]– Found abandoned on the side of Route 15 as a baby Mudkip, Drizzle became the second Pokémon to join Serenity's team. Using skills learned from her parents, Serenity nursed the young Pokémon back to health. When fully recovered, it was revealed that Drizzle had a 'heart of gold'; he was always trying to do nice things for Serenity and always knew how to perk up anyone no matter how sad they were. As Drizzle is so kind hearted, he prefers not to fight, and instead likes to help other people and Pokémon.
    Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Espeon
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [Nova][/FONT][FONT=&quot] – Serenity first met Nova when she was just an Eevee during a visit of the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pokémon[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Mansion[/FONT][FONT=&quot] on Route 212. The Eevee had been walking around the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Trophy [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Garden[/FONT][FONT=&quot] when Serenity saw and caught the cute Pokémon. After training Nova for a while back at the ranch, she evolved into an Espeon. Generally, Nova is laid back and content with life, spending her free time basking in the sun and following Serenity around. Nova is an invaluable asset of Serenity's battling team because of her high powered psychic attacks.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Shipwrecked [PG-16]
    Pikachu
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [Static] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]– The newest member to join Serenity's team, Static was caught in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Viridian [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Forest[/FONT][FONT=&quot] while Serenity was on her way to challenge the Pewter City Gym. Despite being the smallest Pokémon on the team, Static just happens to be the fiercest. Always ready for a fight, Static tends to come across as angry or mean, even when he's really not. Because he was recently caught, there is still an edge of disloyalty that irritates Serenity to tears. Also, Static has issues with Drizzle's personality, so the two don't really get along.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Intro Post:
    [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]"Serenity Ann Laramie! Get on down here young lady! You're gonna be late!" came the unforgettable holler of 'Ma' [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Laramie[/FONT][FONT=&quot] from the downstairs kitchen, where the scent of fresh eggs and bacon were rising. Groaning and turning over underneath her handmade quilt, Serenity Laramie opened her eyes groggily and searched around the room for her Chatot alarm clock. When she finally located the silent time keeper, it took Serenity quite a while to realize that it read [/FONT][FONT=&quot]7:30 am[/FONT][FONT=&quot], as in seven and a half hours after [/FONT][FONT=&quot]midnight[/FONT][FONT=&quot], and forty minutes past dawn.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Jiminy Cricket! I slept past sunrise! Ma's gonna skin me alive!" cried the teenage girl as she bolted out of bed, causing pillows and blankets to spill onto the floor. Barely managing to avoid tripping over a sleeping Delcatty, Serenity fumbled around her room, grabbing the clothes she'd laid out the night before. Braiding her hair with one hand and brushing her teeth with the other [which is a mighty difficult task if you haven't done it before], Serenity literally hopped out of her pajamas and into her pale yellow sundress. After much effort, Serenity was fully dressed and had her knapsack slung over her shoulders. Putting a determined grin on her face, she marched downstairs to face her mother.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When Serenity entered the kitchen, she saw her mother bent over the stove, poking some eggs with a fork. Hearing her daughter enter the room, Ma Laramie turned around and said, "If people slept in as much as you do, there'd be farm work up to our ears. Why, a girl your age should be up an hour 'fore dawn if she knew what was good for 'er." Serenity nodded quickly as Ma pointed her fork in her direction. "Now that you're up, you best eat your breakfast so we can send you off before the sunlight hits the porch." Turning back to the stove, Ma scooped some piping hot food onto a plate and set it down on the worn kitchen table.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Serenity's stomach growled rather loudly as she sat down at the table. She'd been sent to her room without supper last night for forgetting to feed the Milktanks, so she was ravished. Though, it wasn't all Serenity's fault the cow Pokémon weren't fed. Last night at around an hour before sundown, Pa Laramie had come home to the farm, saying that he had exciting news for everyone. Getting exciting news was a rare occurrence at the Laramie Ranch, as most of the time everyone worked all day on the farm without going into town. "What's the news Pa?!" Serenity had asked curiously, "Did someone get married or somethin'?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pa had made a scene of slowly hanging up his cowboy hat and painstakingly taking off his boots, causing the anticipation to rise in the room. "Well, do you remember your great Aunt Harriet, Serenity?" Pa asked, smiling at his daughter. Serenity had nodded her head quickly, trying to get her father to get to the point. "It just so happens that she recently moved to the outskirts of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Olivine[/FONT][FONT=&quot] City[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in Johto," Pa had continued, "She set up a new farm with her husband – you remember that chubby fella with a beard, right? – Good. The new farm is situated near some fancy school that started up the year before last. I remembered that you [Serenity] always wanted to go to a fancy school, so I asked your great aunt about it." At this point, Serenity had been nearly hopping out of her chair. "Harriet has never been real good with farm work, ya see? So she's kindly offered to letcha' live at her house while you go to that school as long as you do your fair share of the work." The room had erupted into joyfulness, and it was quickly decided that Serenity would leave the next morning for the SS Libra which was bound for [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Olivine[/FONT][FONT=&quot] City[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That brings us back to the present time. Serenity finished up her breakfast, not daring to leave a crumb behind [Ma was picky about that kinda thing], and cleaned her dishes in the sink. After doing that, she turned to face Ma and said, "Well Ma, it looks like it's time for me tah head out to the city." Ma's eyes watered and she pulled her daughter into a tight hug. "It'll be alright Ma. I've told Joy Ann from next door to come and help ya with the laundry on Fridays, and Bobbie Jo from down the street promised to help Pa pitch hay to the Tauros after he gets out from school. Besides, if ya really need my help, I can always come back."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"There'll be no need for you to come back darling." Ma said into Serenity's shoulder, "Your Pa and I can manage the farm without you for a while. We did just fine long before you came about, so don't ya worry your big heart out. We want you to be happy, and if happy means going to that there fancy school, well then so be it!" Letting go of her daughter, Ma moved back to the stove. "Now, I think you should be off. You don't want to miss the boat and make a bad impression on your great aunt Harriet, do ya?" Waving her fork at the door in goodbye, Ma watched as Serenity stepped out of the house and towards her new future. "God protect her on her journey."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Jumping off the wooden porch, Serenity pulled a pokeball off her belt and threw it into the air, saying, "Come on out Ember!" There was a flash of red light, and a Ponyta appeared in front of the girl. Ember shook her head and ran over to Serenity, licking her face happily. "Alright girl, I know ya love me!" Serenity laughed, stroking the flame horse Pokemon's neck, "Now, we've got a long ride ahead of us, so let's get movin'!" Jumping onto Ember's back and grabbing the reins, Serenity turned her Pokemon to the south and headed off. Serenity was just fine with walking, but Ember decided to run the whole way, of course.

Arriving in Olivine City sometime after midday, Serenity looked around in awe at all of the buildings and people walking the streets. She had only been to the city a few times when she was younger, so as you can imagine, it was a lot for her to take in. "By golly, there's got to be over a thousand people in this city!" Serenity exclaimed as they approached the docked SS Libra, "I wonder how they all fit!" People were beginning to stare at the cowboy hat wearing girl riding a Ponyta in the middle of town, so Serenity hopped off Ember and returned her to her pokeball, realizing that she probably wouldn't be able to have her out on the ship anyways.

As soon as the pokeball was secured to her belt, Serenity skipped off to the ramp for boarding passengers. It was fairly crowded on the dock[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and people were pushing and shoving each other to get to the front of the line[/FONT][FONT=&quot], but Serenity didn't mind waiting towards the rear of the group, as it gave her more time to observe the city. After ten minutes, she reached the front of the line and gave her ticket to the woman collecting them, Serenity boarded the ship, not knowing the fate that would befall her.
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Hey, just thought I would let you know that my introduction post is up. By the way, I noticed that in your list of people accepted/rejected/pending I was not included. Not that this is a problem in any way, especially since I wasn't finished, but I was just curious if you forgot me or something. :\

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Name: Benjamin "Ben" Fox (of no relationship to Megan Fox)

Physical Description: Since getting out of jail, Ben hasn't cared much for his appearance; furthermore, it doesn't help when one tries hard not to fall back on old habits. His face is gruff and unshaven. He always seems to be wearing an expression of smugness. He doesn't smell (thanks to deodorant, which he put on just for this occasion to avoid any stares), but neither is he that appealing either. His long brown hair tosses messily behind him, its length a clue to the length of time he had been in jail, as it has been left uncut for 2 years now.

His clothes are unexciting; he wears a pair of warn blue jeans and he his t-shirt is plain white. Since he had lost weight whilst in jail, and in turn gained a fair amount of muscles as well, he now wears a belt to keep his pants from falling. From the years in jail, his skin is pale white, and even his blue eyes look vacant, yet eerily placid.

Pokemon Team: Currently unknown (see below)

Intro Post:

The alarm clock began to buzz, waking Ben Fox from his sleep. He smashed the snooze button irritably, but decided to get up anyway. He was finally taking responsibility for his life, after the two years in the hell-hole of a place. He regretted ever getting caught, but now enjoyed the freedom that finally he had earned, two years after being incarcerated for Pokémon trafficking. To him, this life of crime was an addiction, and it wasn't until therapy that the board decided him fit for freedom.

He had decided that to get a new start, meant going to a new region, thus the Johto region seemed as good as any to start. He had a ticket for a ferry, the SS Libra. He sighed to himself at the thought of his new life. He couldn't imagine his life, without the Pokémon trafficking he had gotten so used to. After all, he was good at his job, a little too good. He had become infamous for pick pocketing people's Pokémon, then selling it to the highest bidder in the underground trafficking of the Pokémon. He did not know or care as to who the people were, just as long as he was paid. Of course, he was awarded a higher pay the rarer the Pokémon. He was so infamous in what he did that he got the name "the snatcher". His "character" was beginning to garner media attention, and the public began to fear an image of a cold calculating man who would steal people's Pokémon by force. Ben relished off of such attention, and began to make more frequent thefts.

Then one day, he happened to be dealing with an undercover agent and ended up getting arrested. He was lucky that they could not find evidence of his past dealings, but nonetheless was still charged under the government's ever toughening laws.

The revoked his trainer's license, one that he received when he was 12, and told he could no longer utilize Pokémon. Embittered, he detested his current predicament, and among other prisoners, didn't feel like socializing with them, as though like they were of a different breed, it was the same look he gave to those he stole Pokémon from, even if they couldn't see him. Whilst in prison, he began to get as fit as ever, for something to pass the time, and only once fought a man for nothing less than standing on a particular spot in the courtyard. That man was rendered unconscious, and eventually switched to another cell block. Originally he was sentenced to ten years in prison, but if he wanted out sooner, he could rehabilitate. Thus here he was after two years, he was out, and now he was in a run-down hotel room, getting ready to start a new life in the Johto region. The parole officer had made arrangements for him to begin a new job as a construction worker, and he'd have to phone the officer once every week to make sure he was doing fine.

He checked the time of the alarm clock and noticed he had 1 hour until the ferry began to board. Finally prepared, he carried with him, a small bag – all his belongings – and headed down to the lobby. He returned the keys, gave a nod to the clerk, and left, the rundown excuse of a hotel.

Since he had been out of jail, he at times felt tempted to steal Pokémon again, but withdrew the impulse as he remembered his new future, and potential. After all this is what he wanted... right?

Finally arriving at his destination (after a good brisk walk), he entered the building that was boarding the passengers. Ben was feeling a bit uneasy with this many people in the terminal, but trudged on.

Finally, it being time, he lined up to gain entrance to the ferry, flashed his ticket, and found his cabin.

The cramped quarters however did not improve things as it only made him think of his prison cell. Thus the dilemma was either being outside with the many people, or being confined in the own cabin. He chose the former, leaving his bag behind, in hopes of finding a secluded area.

It wasn't long until the ferry took off; Ben watching the city shrinking off in the distance. Thus the ship sailed on and for the longest time, without many occurrences, unless if you count the stupid kid that ran into him.

It wasn't until the 2nd day of travel that things began to change, first there were heavy winds, forcing everyone inside, then the skies became dark, and then a severe tropical storm followed. The waves crashed into the boat, seemingly sending it in every direction. The once jovial crowd were now panicked, people were running everywhere. It wasn't until the boat began to fully sway from side to side that people really began to panic. Ben too, was attempting to find a means to escape, but it seemed as though all the objects within the ferry became a weapon. Things were flying everywhere, and it was work enough to get from one side of the boat to another. He was glad in the least that he was able to put on a life jacket.

Thus Ben decided that if survival was what he really wanted, he had to do whatever was necessary. In the confusion of the running passengers, he managed to pick off a young boy's Pokémon, in their pokeball, carelessly placed in their bag. He pocketed it carefully. Seeing another chance; he grabbed a second Pokémon from an older man's belt. His intention was that he had hoped that one of them was a water Pokémon, and he could use it to save himself, and that the Pokémon would simply comply in the false hope of see its trainer again, as though the pokeball was lost by accident. He smiled vindictively to himself, but was not prepared for what would happen next.

Suddenly the ferry had finally turned all the way upside down, sending a good majority of the passengers back outside in the process, including Ben. He reached for his pocket, but no sooner had he hit his head on a large object and blacked out. His body violently being thrashed about on the water's surface to a place near unknown...

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Maybe we should take this to a PM so we don't crowd up the sign-ups?

Sure sure.

Ok, i redid alot of my post.
    I'm sorry for the formating, i did it in another app. For the spelling: I'm German and have a spelling disorder so sorry, it IS my fault.
    For it being a bad character: I feel stupid saying this but that hit hard, I spent hours for this post, trying to create a perfect fantasy character. If you could tell me what is wrong about him a little more exactly, i will of course change it, assuming you give me another chance

Pending I know that not having English as a primary language can cause some problems but in this instance, it's making it very hard for me to accept him. However, because you are trying, I will place you in a pending position. :3 Would you like me to give you some ways to improve your profile specifically outside of the things I've already listed?

Master Trainer Empoleon: Declined for now. Your post is long, which is great, but it's very choppy, very point to point to point. You need to make it flow much better for me to accept it. Maybe try reading it outloud and you might find some of the mistakes. You tend to use the same sorts of phrases over and over too; be creative and use some synonyms.

Hi, Mika. I like the plot, though it resembeles i'Aisha's RP, The Echo Of An Island, but still, I like the plot.

oO; Really? It's not exactly what you think it is I promise you that.

Eh, you have the same problems as your friend Master Trainer Empoleon. :/ You really need to make your segments flow better, especially in your history and personality. At the moment, it's very dull and hard to stay focused on. While I realize you haven't finished your profile completely, I thought I'd point out to you that as your profile stands right now it's most definitely going to be pending if not declined at this point in time.

Feign: Accepted Everyone loves a jailbird. :D I love the concept, but he'll need to pick up a pokemon or two within the first bit, you'll see. kihihihihihi. Go ahead and spam more in the OOC. XD

Comet~*: Accepted Yes, I'm also running a girl. :D I like the indepth description, you're an rper after my own heart and I like the concept. I will say you should try and balance out your use of 'she' and 'Olivia', it doesn't feel that balanced to me. :3 Glad to have you aboard and sorry for the delay.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back