• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shoddy or wifi?

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    Would you rather train a team and battle on wifi? or make a team and battle on shoddy?
    Just thought itd be fun to list the pros and cons of each

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    i use both. i use shoddy to practice, when i get a good team i try to emulate it on wifi

Same here.

And I also agree with the above poster, alot more goes on when you battle on Wi-Fi. And I think it's just rewarding to see the results of your hard work EV training and breeding your Pokemon when you battle on Wi-Fi, as all you have to do on Shoddy is click and type a few numbers and you've got a perfect Pokémon.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I prefer Shoddy, since there happens to be more of the better and more skilled battlers on Shoddy. WiFi is pretty much random battlers, much of the WiFi battling population are rookies. Plus, Shoddy is where you can be lazy and not waste your money to battle noobs and you don't have to waste your time EV training and IV / Nature breeding, you just type the numbers in. XD

\\Ceiran//

up to my neck in piplups!
    Years
    clade- basically, from what i can see, your saying that shoddy is better because theres no effort required? surely then, theres more rookies on there?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    clade- basically, from what i can see, your saying that shoddy is better because theres no effort required? surely then, theres more rookies on there?

He said that Shoddy was better because stronger opponents battle there, not because it took no effort.

Myself, I prefer WiFi, despite the fact that I've only had a single WiFi battle in my life. I just dislike Shoddy's battle system- there's no battle animations or theme music, and you have to read the logs carefully to even discern what just happened the previous turn. With WiFi, all you need to do is watch and see. Shoddy just seems a bit cold to me. Plus, I just don't have it in me to modify my team every few battles. I much prefer to form strong bonds with my Pokemon and believe in myself.
    Shoddy or wifi?

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    i like shoddy because its fast and there are no DCs

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years

Ahahaha no.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    You still win the match, D/C means no one wins.

I personally prefer Shoddy. Sure, there's a few things that bother me (Official Server has 100 people online, and not one wants to battle) But it's easy, and gives great pre-Wifi practice.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    yeah thats still annoying, but most shoddy players have respect and will play to the end, plus with perfect IVs the matches are much more epic than wifi

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I myself prefer wi-fi. I like to see the move animations play out. And you have more time to plan out a move.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    yeah thats still annoying, but most shoddy players have respect and will play to the end, plus with perfect IVs the matches are much more epic than wifi

I feel it is rather more epic finding out if that 1 more IV you could have gotten in attack had you spent more time on breeding would have been the difference between winning and losing.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Myself, I prefer WiFi, despite the fact that I've only had a single WiFi battle in my life. I just dislike Shoddy's battle system- there's no battle animations or theme music, and you have to read the logs carefully to even discern what just happened the previous turn. With WiFi, all you need to do is watch and see. Shoddy just seems a bit cold to me. Plus, I just don't have it in me to modify my team every few battles. I much prefer to form strong bonds with my Pokemon and believe in myself.
    Shoddy or wifi?

Exactly how I feel. Shoddy doesn't seem worth it.

sol52

Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    well since i no longer have a ds i rather shoddy it truly has great battlers there and it is a great way to practice for wifi but then again no theme music and no animations suck but its still fun

Back