• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shoddy OU team, something random I tried

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Dragonite @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Atk
    Nature: Mild (SAtk+/Def-)
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt

Can hit decently hard, scares off Bronzong leads with the threat of Fire moves, pwns Gyara leads with Thunderbolt and subs up if someone switches. Just like Boahtar but 4x weak to Ice instead of Fighting. Also resists elemental attacks which might prove useful. Surf beats most things that thrive in sandstorms.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 74 Atk
    Nature: Impish (Def+/SAtk-)
    - Gyro Ball
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake

Spiker and spinner, physical wall. Gyro Ball and Earthquake for attacking options. Hits some major threats SE, and with a nice prediction could take out one of its counters.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Atk
    - Curse
    - Slack Off
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Sandstorm bringer. Lotus set instead of standard since I have Forry to spike and Vappy to haze. If special threats are taken down this can also sweep.

Venusaur @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 SDef / 74 Def
    Nature: Calm (SDef+/Atk-)
    - Leech Seed
    - Toxic
    - Energy Ball/Grass Knot
    - Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder/Substitute

Spreads poison, seeds and stalls, and kills stuff with STAB moves if needed. Not sure about the last move. Sub helps stall, Sleep Powder lets me send something dangerous off to dream land, and Sludge Bomb for coverage.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SAtk
    Nature: Bold (Def+/Atk-)
    - Surf
    - Wish
    - Ice Beam
    - Haze/Roar

Highly defensive Vaporeon, went with max HP over max Defense since I've already got both Forry and Hippowdon. Surf for STAB, Ice Beam to kill Dragon types, and Wish to help Dragonite/Forretress not die. Hazes away enemy buffs as well.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 204 SDef / 54 Def
    Nature: Careful (SDef+/SAtk-)
    - Pain Split
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Pursuit

I noticed that I was highly weak to Azelf, so I put in Spiritomb. Pursuit because even if Azelf runs it's beaten, and coming in across Stealth Rock isn't very good for anything. Shadow Sneak to take down a Pokemon that my Sandstorms and poison and Rocks have weakened, Pain Split to stay alive, and WoW to stop Tar from pwning me.

I'll likely playtest this team this weekend, so I'll get a chance to report in on what it does in battle.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Dragonite @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Atk
    Nature: Modest (SAtk+/Atk-)
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - flamethrower
    - dragon pulse

Can hit decently hard, scares off Bronzong leads with the threat of Fire moves, pwns Gyara leads with Thunderbolt and subs up if someone switches. Just like Boahtar but 4x weak to Ice instead of Fighting. Also resists elemental attacks which might prove useful. Surf beats most things that thrive in sandstorms.

This coverage is much more useful, especially since Focus Punch destroys Heatran.

Also taking off the power of Focus Punch is silly. A -Spd nature works fine if you don't want to cut its defenses.

Forretress @ Shed Shell
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 74 Atk
    - Gyro Ball
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake

Spiker and spinner, physical wall. Gyro Ball and Earthquake for attacking options. Hits some major threats SE, and with a nice prediction could take out one of its counters.

Just don't expect it to actually damage its counters >_>

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Atk
    - Curse
    - Slack Off
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Sandstorm bringer. Lotus set instead of standard since I have Forry to spike and Vappy to haze. If special threats are taken down this can also sweep.

Definitely needs a lot of SDef. After a Curse defense will be fine anyways, so you might as well go with SDef. I believe it can even survive a SpecsMence Draco Meteor with enough SDef, which is pretty impressive.

Honestly the pure physical wall is more useful but eh...

Venusaur @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 SDef / 74 Def
    Nature: Calm (SDef+/Atk-)
    - Leech Seed
    - Toxic
    - Energy Ball/Grass Knot
    - Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder/Substitute

Spreads poison, seeds and stalls, and kills stuff with STAB moves if needed. Not sure about the last move. Sub helps stall, Sleep Powder lets me send something dangerous off to dream land, and Sludge Bomb for coverage.

imo doesn't do anything for this team. No point in keeping it.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SAtk
    Nature: Bold (Def+/Atk-)
    - Surf
    - Wish
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Electric]

Highly defensive Vaporeon, went with max HP over max Defense since I've already got both Forry and Hippowdon. Surf for STAB, Ice Beam to kill Dragon types, and Wish to help Dragonite/Forretress not die. Hazes away enemy buffs as well.

okay, even though switching HP and Def would be more efficient, and some SDef to lighten MiXape's toll on you wouldn't hurt either. Use HP Electric over Roar since you're very Gyarados weak.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 204 SDef / 54 Def
    Nature: Careful (SDef+/SAtk-)
    - Pain Split
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit / Taunt

I noticed that I was highly weak to Azelf, so I put in Spiritomb. Pursuit because even if Azelf runs it's beaten, and coming in across Stealth Rock isn't very good for anything. Shadow Sneak to take down a Pokemon that my Sandstorms and poison and Rocks have weakened, Pain Split to stay alive, and WoW to stop Tar from pwning me.

Needs Sucker Punch to beat Azelf and Gengar A LOT more reliably. Taunt stops spikespinners from setting up on you (like forretress, tentacruel, etc.) while you're blocking their spinning.

With this on your team, putting in Spikes on Forretress somewhere would be of great benefit.

I'll likely playtest this team this weekend, so I'll get a chance to report in on what it does in battle.

comments in bold. It's like a stall team without status absorption and a special wall. Resttalk Lax pulls both roles off and very well.

Espy Psyche

Years
    Well, I was planning on getting some Shoddy testing in, but I instead ended up spending my weekend working on a porch. So I didn't get to test anything on this team.

Also, should I lead off with Nite or Hippowdon? Since this team greatly benefits from Sandstorm (It's actually a TSS team) I wasn't sure, but Dragonite does beat a lot of leads so that can help too. Also I put T-Bolt on Nite to help with the Gyara problem.

By "counters" on Forry I more meant Magnezone than anything else, catching it on a switch with EQ does damage it, same goes for Heatran. Surviving 4x SE hits is difficult.

I didn't notice that I was wiping Focus Punch's power, I'll go with Mild > Modest.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    Instead of venusaur consider
    tanglegrowth @ leftovers
    252 hp, 252 def, 6 att
    relaxed
    ~ power whip
    ~ hp ice
    ~ leech seed
    ~ toxic

nice and handy counters stuff, and spreads poison

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    venusaur is fine. in fact venusaur counters tangrowth nicely. venusaur with some defensive EV's also stops electivire(though who doesn't these days).

I would use venasaur more as a duo-wall/annoyer than as a special wall. Try this

Venasuar@black sludge
    modest
    252hp 138def 120sdef
    sleep powder
    leech seed
    energy ball/giga drain
    sludge bomb/hp ice/hp fire

people find this guy really annoying, but that's because this guy is a handful to counter. it takes stab SE psychics and ice beam like they're nothing and can take some physical damage as well, just not SE). it's not blissey or rhyperior in their respective departments, but people have trouble countering this guy.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Dragonite would be foolish to stay in on Gyarados, even with no DDs. It ususally has Ice Fang and a Life Orb nowadays, which will sink Dragonite. Just put HP Electric on Vaporeon. It's good enough Gyarados coverage.

Still this team can't actually do anything to the opponent. Only one of your pokemon has Toxic and that can be easily avoided be steels who wall Venusaur (especially Metagross and Jirachi). Dragonite is slower than most sweepers and falls victim to their speed and power...basically you need more reliable ways to inflict damage, because at the moment this team just kind of sits there.

Espy Psyche

Years
    Meh, I screwed around with this team a lot, didn't help, it still sucks in comparison to most of my teams. I'm just going to scrap this one and do another since it's for Shoddy and it's easy to make new teams.

Back