• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Shoot and I'll Move!" - the Touhou Thread

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I'm not really into the Touhou fandom much, but I think some of the stuff IOSYS has done is pretty cool. Apparently they're pretty well-known (I wouldn't know). I've linked to a few examples of their stuff.

[agelimit]lolidunno[/agelimit]
    1 2 3

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I actually heard from Mika (some of you may have seen her on here, some of you may have not) that in EoSD and SA, if you tap your foot to the rhythm of each BGM, you'll notice the shooting patterns align with the beats. Or something like that. That's how, she claims, she was able to unlock Extra by beating Hard mode.

It's been quite a while since she mentioned it to me in PC's chatroom. I think I was still "Yuyuko" back then?

Oh, and I try and do normal as much as possible. I greatly fail at it in SA and UFO, though.

Years
    I'm not really into the Touhou fandom much, but I think some of the stuff IOSYS has done is pretty cool. Apparently they're pretty well-known (I wouldn't know). I've linked to a few examples of their stuff.

[agelimit]lolidunno[/agelimit]
    1 2 3

IOSYS is to Touhou what the Pokemon anime is to Pokemon. Everybody knows about it for that, but most everyone now says that they suck and that you should play the games instead (or read the manga).

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    IOSYS doesn't suck. And they never will, hehehehehe~ *Only has the first couple of albums on his iPod, and doesn't want to face reality*

Also, speaking of the manga, how'd you like Silent Sinner in Blue? I loved the incredibly screwy plotline, and Yukari's utter awesomeness.

Although I was kinda sad to see the moon actually fail at something. D:

Years
    Reisen II is moe. That's all I have to say on that matter.

I actually felt that the first few albums were some of the worst. I mean tracks like 永遠と須臾の恋人. Really? Now, IOSYS is awesome sauce. Touhou Ageha is one of the most concentrated albums of awesome. All vocal and every single track arranged by ARM! Touhou JeuXinTerdiTs had freaking awesome guitar by minami. Toho Crystallized Ocean has star river and The Crystallized Ocean, oh my god. There is an upsetting lack of miko in these recent albums though (excluding Ageha).

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    IOSYS is to Touhou what the Pokemon anime is to Pokemon. Everybody knows about it for that, but most everyone now says that they suck and that you should play the games instead (or read the manga).
    I don't really pay much attention to people that tell me I shouldn't like things that I do like. I'm not so insecure as to like or dislike something based on whether it's popular or not.

Has anybody tried Hisoutensoku? I kind of want to, but I haven't had the time to grab it or the money to import it.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    UNL has a few new storylines, new music, new characters, and a "comeback" character (China), but other than that, it is a patch for SWR, so yeah o3o

Unless you really want to play Sanae, Suwako, Okuu, Cirno, or China (or hear the music; I honestly like the remix of "Faith is for the Transient People"), then you don't really have to have it.

Although a lot of people say IaMP is the best. It looks really good, but Idk. I've never been able to get my hands on it.

/ohohoh, and this is irrelevant, but at the anime convention I attended last year, I cosplayed as Marisa (though the outfit sucked, but that was because it was a last minute put-together), and I bought a copy of SA there

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Wasn't UNL a temporary abbreviation for "Undefined Natural Law", which I thought was part of the Hisoutensoku title? Or has that changed? /haven't checked in forever, but that's because it's shorter and easier to remember (for me, at least o3o)

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Apparently there was some division, because it wasn't accurate.

I've always called it UNL, though.

IMHO, UNL looks pretty, but SWR is better.

IaMP is really hard. D:

Years
    What makes SWR better than Touhou Hisoutensoku? Spell Cards are easier to level now since using the card will also make you do the move. The 4 simple universal spell cards expanded to 20 unique ones. And best of all, NO MORE GAY SPRING HAZE!

Maybe I just like it because of Reisen Buff and Meiling. :\

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    I was never that good at SWR, so that might be a factor. Yes, I played on...

EASY MODOOOOOOO! *Head explodes*

And, yes, UNL looks pretty. Very pretty. And the music kicks ass. And Meiling is awesome.

Then again, the last time I played, there was no English patch.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I think they should have put Flandre in one of the fighting games. She is one of my favorite characters, not just because of her theme song either. I love my crazy villains.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I think they should have put Flandre in one of the fighting games. She is one of my favorite characters, not just because of her theme song either. I love my crazy villains.

well TECHNICALLY she's in there as a color scheme of Remi

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Flandre in a fighting game is the equivalent of putting Reisen in a conventional shooter.

Overpowered. Definitely.

Flandre would be a pain to make Flandre-ish, and balanced.

Back