• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shopping bags: Plastic or environmentally friendly?

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    We used to always forget our enviro. bags. Now mum has a tonne in the car. Like HEAPS. And more at home. We also have heaps of plastic bags from when we used to use them, for re-using. I also like reusable bags for putting other things in. Like if I'm staying over at someones house for a night I'll just use one of them.

Plus, I read on an information thing at some wild life place (might have been australia zoo?) that plastic bags take 1000 years to decompose or something like that. Maybe i'm just some crazy 'greeny' but after reading that I don't see why i'd use plastic bags over reusable.

If I'm just buying one or two items I just carry it, or put them in my hand bag if they're small enough

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    As a cashier in a grocery store for nearly five years now, I see plastic bags get abused all the time. Does one item really need to go into four bags? I mean, really? I have no problem with using plastic bags as long as they get reused or recycled. All the ones I use, I use to carry things around with me or as trash bags in my room.

Recently though, I've started a collection of reusable bags that I do prefer using if I'm going shopping. Or if I'm only getting one or two things, or a bunch of small items, I won't use a bag at all and either carry them or stick them in my purse. Trying to keep my usage of plastic bags to a minimum because I know there are people out there using enough for me times one hundred.

...and off I go to work to watch people waste more bags. Yay~

Back