• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should American Flag shirts be banned on Cinco De Mayo

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Two students came to school on Cinco De Mayo at Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, California wearing American flag shirts and were asked by school administration to take the shirts off. They were told they would not be allowed to go to class until they changed clothes. The school said they were trying to avoid a race riot. The students went home and recieved an unexcused absence.

Was the school justified in barring these students from class or did they violate their rights under the 1st Amendment to the Constitution?

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    That is absurd. The American Flag is in no way anti-Mexican, and it's not like the boys were yelling, "America Rules, Mexico Drools," or anything like that (were they? I haven't actually heard about this; I'm assuming the only thing they did "wrong" was wear the shirt). Not everyone has to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    This happened at my school, and I already posted it. :D

You go to Live Oak?
    My mom graduated from there and I went to Sobrato for two years xD

Anyway if there's already a topic I guess this thread can be merged or locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back