• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Should i buy Platinum

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
Years
  • I've got both Pearl and Diamond and completed the 2.
    I've heard that Platinum isn't much of a change aswell so im considering saving my money and not buying it.

I don't want to buy it and realise its another Pokemon Emerald replica of Sapphire/Ruby like i did when i bought Emerald.

Will the game be worth my money? is it similar than pearl/diamond? what are the differences?
    Thanks if anyone helps ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    i think its worth your money it has differnt stuff to dimond and peral you shold get it its only what i think though it has minigames,balbasaw boat thing

why dont you go on you tube and seruch up vidios of what its like?

p.s sorry about the spelling

Last edited:

FilbertTheFox

Years
  • i think its worth your money it has differnt stuff to dimond and peral you shold get it its only what i think though it has minigames,balbasaw boat thing

why dont you go on you tube and seruch up vidios of what its like?

p.s sorry about the spelling

Ok thanks, ill check out some videos :)
    Thanks for taking the time to post, much appreciated.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • If you play Pokemon Platinum, all you'll see is that there's snow all over the ground in some areas, other than Snowpoint City. There's Pokemon animations as you occur to see them. The Pokemon gym leaders changed, not in types or anything, but as before you battle them, there's going to be some animation. I don't know if I clarified it enough for you to get an interest or not, but there's also some Pokemon you didn't see in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Since it's snowing everywhere, you won't see Pokemon appear as you would in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

FilbertTheFox

Years
  • If you play Pokemon Platinum, all you'll see is that there's snow all over the ground in some areas, other than Snowpoint City. There's Pokemon animations as you occur to see them. The Pokemon gym leaders changed, not in types or anything, but as before you battle them, there's going to be some animation. I don't know if I clarified it enough for you to get an interest or not, but there's also some Pokemon you didn't see in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Since it's snowing everywhere, you won't see Pokemon appear as you would in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

Sounds pointless to buy then? lol.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I'd buy it. When I completed Diamond, and had nothing else to do, I started it again - It was boring. Platinum has a range of surprises, that'll pop up when your not expecting them to, seeing as you've played Diamond and Pearl.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • It's a great game. Was alot cooler than Diamond to me:D I would say it's definitely worth it. You can disregard that one guys comment "it's snowing everywhere." Wtf? There is a little snow here and there, but there alot of pokes to be caught:D I say either go for it... Or wait for HG/SS. If I didn't have Platinum I would wait for HG, but eh....

FilbertTheFox

Years
  • It's a great game. Was alot cooler than Diamond to me:D I would say it's definitely worth it. You can disregard that one guys comment "it's snowing everywhere." Wtf? There is a little snow here and there, but there alot of pokes to be caught:D I say either go for it... Or wait for HG/SS. If I didn't have Platinum I would wait for HG, but eh....
    HG AND SS is a long wait :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    I didn't know if I should buy Platinum but someone recomended to me, so I did buy it.

That was the best choice I made.
    It is a great game and should definifly buy it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2017
    Not pointless to buy. The story line is better by like the infinitieth degree. The pokemon have better animation, too.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey
    I think you should buy it, it has the battle frontier, you can catch Dialga and Palkia there are a lot of changes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2009
    In my opinion it is worth your money because you can go to the wi-fi plaza, you have your own resort house, and other new features.

Miria

A wild Miria appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    Well.. basically, Platinum is what Diamond and Pearl should have been. :P So you could see the game as a patch-fix! Theyre tieing up story-lines that in the two previous games didn't make any sense and there's a few surprises here and there. I've enjoyed it a lot more than D&P. ^^ So yes, go buy it!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Aside from the Battle Frontier and some storyline/graphics tweaks, and additional wi-fi mini-games, it's mostly the same as Diamond and Pearl. You can also challenge Gym Leaders to rematches and buy high-quality Poffin (for contests) directly.

Whether you should get Platinum or not boils down to how important the above additions and changes are to you. I bought Platinum and I was satisfied with it, though the changes from D/P are limited.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I bought Platinum because my fake Pearl broke . But I found it a pretty nice expanding of Pearl with Looker , the fact that ppl do't get stuck at Fantina anymore . So yes , BUY IT !

Back