• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Should I buy the game again?

Years
  • Yes, you should buy the game if you haven't already. Just for the Missingno glitch.

I personally would not buy it, to spare my significant other the horror at finding a third handheld gaming system bought specifically to play Pokemon. Plus I wouldn't be able to transfer those pokemon up the generations without then buying 2 more games and a fourth gaming system.

No matter how morbidly curious I am to transfer a Missingno up to Black and see what happens. You probably can't do it.

Pokemon from Red, Blue, and Yellow can only be traded to Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, as well as both Pokemon Stadium games on the N64. There is no way to get a Pokemon from Generation 2 to Generation 3, though Generation 3 has its own Missingno Pokemon anyways.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    I still have Red and Silver, my Yellow has a dead battery though.
    They're still a lot of fun, especially Silver; I would play Red a lot more if
    the graphics were better and color was added in. Otherwise Missigno is awesome :D

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • My Silver had a dead battery too, but I just opened it and put in a new battery. Though I had to melt it on to some metal thingy. I was a bit afraid of it not working, but it did work :)

I play pokemon yellow on my ds using a program on my flashcart. It works fine, and I don't have to buy it. :)

Last edited:

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I would definitely rebuy them. I actually bugged my game with Missingo and I lost my original red and bought blue to make up for it. Honestly, I really recommend buying an original to playthrough.

Unfortunately, you don't get the same feelings as the first time you set off on your journey. But the nostalgia definitely hits hard ^.^

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • The games were real glitchy and such, plus I only have a DS Lite, which can only play GBA cartridges. I wouldn't buy a GameBoy just for these old games to be honest.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    If you have a lot of nostalgia for the games, I do think that re-buying them and playing them would be quite a good experience. I personally find the newer games (Emerald and beyond) much more enjoyable.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • I believe it is very much worth buying again, but this is my opinion, and I suggest you don't ask other people for their opinion, then base theirs on yours. It's completely up to you. A year or so ago, I actually found my heart gold version AND my unique pikachu game boy color! I was so happy and it brought back many, and I mean many memories. I trust you'll make a decision that reflects off of what you think :3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Yeah, you should really buy the game again.
    I remember my good old Blue, and I really want to play it again, but I gave my gameboy + games away to some peple who can't afford gaming platforms and games.
    I miss you, good ol' blue ;(

Caranciio

Doof?
    Years
  • I'd say definitely buy it.
    I've tried playing through emulators before, but the fact that it's so easy to cheat, and you can speed up the game, just ruins it. I'm currently playing through my Pokemon Blue version on my GBA SP, and it's really fun. Trying to use Pokemon you haven't used before makes it a bit of a challenge as well, which is great for me since this has to be probably my 15th playthrough.
    The music also doesn't sound quite the same coming through an emulator so it's another reason to buy the actual cartridge. It sounds really great coming from an SP, and very nostalgic coming from a Gameboy Color or the regular Gameboy (which I call Brick :P).

Go out and buy them all! Who cares if the battery dies in one, buy another! They're cheap so no worries :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Would you re-buy the game, nostalgically speaking?
    I wouldn't by the game, I would simply get an GBA Emulator and then get the Pokemon Red ROM. I still have my GBC and GBA but I wouldn't go on a rampage looking for the POkemon game
    Is it worth re-purchasing for the memories, in your opinion?
    No

:t354:TG

Back