• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

should I evolve Litten?

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
  • I want to choose litten as my starter, but I LOATHE its upper forms. I think they are ugly as &&&&!
    Is it a good idea to just keep him as litten? Can I?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • You could keep him as a Litten, but Litten is weaker than its evolutions. I would recommend surrounding Litten with Pokemon that make up for its weaknesses so you can make Litten as viable as possible.

In my experience, USUM is a bit more difficult than SM, but if you really like Litten, Im sure you can make it work.

Years
  • You can get an Eviolite in Konikoni City on Akala Island, which is a held item that increases the defense and sp. defense stats of unevolved Pokémon by 50%. Although USUM is pretty hard from my experience, you can make Litten more viable by giving it the Eviolite =)

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • You'll grow to love them.
    Why do people dislike Incineroars, they're pretty awesome felines.
    Loved mine on my Sun run.

I think making it stand on 2 legs is whats turning me off. That would have been a great improvement. Other than that, I also just don't like the concept very much.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I think making it stand on 2 legs is whats turning me off. That would have been a great improvement. Other than that, I also just don't like the concept very much.

Hahah it does run on all 4s in the movie though. I do like the concept of it being a wrestler.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2019
    I gave my Popplio an everstone at the start of the game, and I got through the game and post game with ease. Lycanroc did end up talking over as the first party member though, so that kind of compensated.

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
    Years
  • Incineroar is one of the best Pokemon in this game, type-wise. Pokemon like Lurantis, Ribombee, Todegemaru, Necrozma, and Mimikyu fall quickly to it. The one reason I didn't pick it is because I used it in my Moon adventure and wanted something else.

Years
  • Give Incineroar a chance. I don't think it's fair really to not give it a chance. You will find that it's expressions at full affection show the sort of "best Buddy" kind of faces and expressions. I guarantee you that you will feel like you are best friends with him and any preconceived notions you have had of him will go right out the window. *PROMISE*

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I won't accept any Incineroar slander.

A violent, dirty starter is a new and fantastic concept. Making it a heel wrestler on top of being one big nod to the iconic Tiger Mask is also fun, and complements Litten being a stray cat considering the premise of Tiger Mask wrestling for his orphanage after initially being a heel. You got the best starter conceptually there and one of the best designs.

But yeah, evolve it, it's very fun to use.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm with what the others said. Incineroar is much more worth it than Litten or Torracat since Incineroar does have usable defensive stats, sure it may be slower than the pre-evos (in fact it's slower than Litten itself) but it has the tankiness to go far into the game.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • If Litten's your favorite, keep Litten! It may not be quite as viable as its evolutions, but it should still work out alright in-game with excess grinding, max affection, and Eviolite.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Don't evolve it if you hate the design of its evolutions. It's perfectly legitimate to have a strong distaste for Incineroar, especially given that it's example number seven of Yet Another Bipedal Fire Starter.

It has useful typing, but if that doesn't make it attractive to you then it doesn't matter at all. Keeping Litten unevolved could add a fun sense of challenge to the games while retaining its cute aesthetic, and if that's what you want you should feel free to pursue that experience.

Back