• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should I Go To The Curious Village or Open The Diabolical Box?

Years
  • Heyo. nice title eh? ;3
    anyways, this is an obvious question for DS users. For those of you have played, or know alot about these games, which Professory Layton game (1 or 2) is better, and why? this would really help lots o people =D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I haven't finished the second game but I'm finding it not quite as good as the first. Plus if you get the first game... first... you won't be missing out on plot from it when you get to the second game.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I haven't played the second game yet, but...the first is rather character base. I don't know how many carry into the second one, or if the plots relate at all. But, I think it'd be a good idea to pay the first one first if you can find it. Just to get some exposition and character set-ups out of the way.

Turpin2009

Agent Turpin Here!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 12, 2009
    Curious village is tremendous, I absolutely hammered it to death. I'm yet to play the sequal, but according to many reviews it's a slightly weaker follow up, should still have some brain messing puzzles.

Has anyone played Elite Beat Agents on DS?

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    If you haven't played the first one, go with the Curious Village. The Diabolical Box has allusions to the first one that you won't understand otherwise.

Has anyone played Elite Beat Agents on DS?

Yes, great game. Difficulty can be a little steep on the last song though...

Turpin2009

Agent Turpin Here!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 12, 2009
    Haha, the 'Kahn' difficulty of Jumpin' Jack Flash is preposterous, I could only get an A after many attempts!

Wonderful game though.

Simplicity

~♥~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2019
    Playing the Curious Village first would be better, IMO. You would understand what's going on more in the second one after playing the first. In terms of game play, however, I'm not so sure on that. I haven't finished playing the second game yet myself...Still, the first game seems a bit better than the second so far. That is, unless the second game suddenly gets better half-way through. XD

Back