• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Should I left Vigoroth Evovle?,

Lj2k5

Angemon, I Choose You
Years
    • Seen May 26, 2005
    Got a lvl 50 vigoroth with everstone. Been wondering If i shud let it evolve or not. if so, why?

SleepyGomamon

I do NOT taste like ramen
    Years
  • I say you should. Slaking has the best stat totals of any non-legendary pokemon, and some of the best Hp and attack totals period. Even though it only gets to act every other turn, it's still very powerful.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    SleepyGomamon said:
    I say you should. Slaking has the best stat totals of any non-legendary pokemon, and some of the best Hp and attack totals period. Even though it only gets to act every other turn, it's still very powerful.
    Yes he is right, do it but lazy has a lot of disavdtanges but it is still good to do.

Years
  • I think you should train it to a really high level,
    then let it evolve. That way, it isn't as hard to
    train. Also, Slaking can be really useful in
    double battles.

Years
  • You can always use carbos and stuff like that to get him stronger if that's what you are wanting, but lazy is a big disadvantage and does get annoying at times so if it were mine I would not evolve it unless you are looking to fill your Pok?dex.

Atemu

Two souls in one(bargain)
    Years
  • Well if he's already learned all the moves you want him to and you're satisfied with his stats then I say go for it. Otherwise wait, because once you evolve him and save there's no going back.

B.Coen

The Next Legend
    Years
  • personaly i never evolve my vigoroth i hate the whole slaking can only attack once every 2 turns

BugaBog

People, they come and go!
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Aug 6, 2007
    If your going to use him for doubles, Yes, else I wouldn't. Though Norman is "considered" tough because of his two Slaking. Your choice :D

Is it EV Trained? Then dont evolve it.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I would say go for it and evolve it becuase slaking has the best stats then all 3 creatures that are in the set of evouloution

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2005
    Hm, Vigoroth can be better in a way that you allways can attack, on the other hand, Slaking would be a good choice cause of is very nice stats.

Well it is up to you.

~Blaziken Master~

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
  • y dont u get another vigoroth really i mean if u beat the whole game u can train him in the elite 4 with exp share and vigorth u can make it lern new moves if u dont like the moves he has. i have a slaking and a vigoroth.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
  • shark3019875 said:
    y dont u get another vigoroth really i mean if u beat the whole game u can train him in the elite 4 with exp share and vigorth u can make it lern new moves if u dont like the moves he has. i have a slaking and a vigoroth.
    Lj2k5 that is seriously the best idea on the board. It will benefit you PokeDex if you have both of them. I wish I could trade Pokemon with you over the internet I could give you my Slaking and you could see if you like it!

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • In competitive battles, both Slaking and Vigoroth have their advantages.

Slaking is obviously one of the most powerful Pokemon, having some of the highest stats around. It's Truant ability does limit it though, unless you are going for a Skill Swap 2v2 tactic.

Vigoroth is useful in battles for it's ability - Vital Spirit. Virtually shuts down some Pokemon like Butterfree who are almost solely dependant on sleep attacks to get anywhere. The stats aren't too bad either, coupled with a Normal type move for STAB can be very reasonable in battles. Just keep him out of 2v2.

Basically, it's your choice.

~Pichu~

The kawaii Pichu^^
    Years
  • If U like skill sweep and Slaking...and have a cheat device....why not give it skill sweep xD for 1v1^^ It cheating...but kinda fun :)

Back