• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should James have given away Cacnea?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Yes, it should've. Cacnea really wouldn't have been able to train with Kojirou like Satoshi or Hikari train their pokémon. One reason being that he doesn't have anything to train for like Musashi does.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    yes he should have, I would like them to make another episode with it seeing it evolved with Gardenia though...

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    I creid so much watching that episode last week and its the 3rd time ive seen it

I hope he retrieves it one day that would be so heart warming

I do agree though it was the right thing to do by giving him to the trainer

Years
    i dont think so because
    1.james gives away all his good pokemon or they have to escape or something
    2.james could have actually had a powerful pokemon if he trained it till evolution

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The only pokémon that actually had some potential and didn't evolve were Cacnea and Magikarp, he evolved most of the others. There's no reason for him to keep it because of his lack of a role on the show.

champ ben

Sceptile=annoyed trainers
    Years
    Yes, it should've. Cacnea really wouldn't have been able to train with Kojirou like Satoshi or Hikari train their pokémon. One reason being that he doesn't have anything to train for like Musashi does.

um, u mean james and gardenia? I cant understand 1 of those names :nervous:

I bet james will see him nbut he would have evolved, knough drain punch, hyper beam and Hi jump kick :D THAT WOULD be good training!
    :t332:

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    um, u mean james and gardenia? I cant understand 1 of those names :nervous:

I bet james will see him nbut he would have evolved, knough drain punch, hyper beam and Hi jump kick :D THAT WOULD be good training!
    :t332:

Kojirou is James, Musashi is Jessie, Satoshi is Ash, and Hikari is Dawn.

I personally believe though that we'll never see Cacnea again.

Years
    I dunno. The Pokemon actually makes a lot of sense for him, particularly if it had evolved. However, S is right, as it never evolved, whereas, most of his others did. The writers are lazy, but not that lazy.

Cacturne would be perfect, so for that, I wish it remained (for that potential). On the other hand, if the writers won't bother with it, maybe it's just as well. At least, the Venus fly trap can do things, right?

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    I can't wait for a sequal to Cacnea and Cacturne would be like Whipped-Cream on a cake.

Cacnea was my favorite and just because of that episode, I started crying and just holding onto my Pillow and thinking of James relationship between his Pokemon, I personally don't like his Carnivine but Mime Jr is good If It's going to evolve into Mr Mime.

Chimecho was bonus tracks for me, I loved her dearly and I want her back that little noise "Chime, Chime" was making me feel so sweet inside and I will forever wait for Growlie/Growlithe to appear for one time.

Years
    I can't wait for a sequal to Cacnea and Cacturne would be like Whipped-Cream on a cake.

Cacnea was my favorite and just because of that episode, I started crying and just holding onto my Pillow and thinking of James relationship between his Pokemon, I personally don't like his Carnivine but Mime Jr is good If It's going to evolve into Mr Mime.

Chimecho was bonus tracks for me, I loved her dearly and I want her back that little noise "Chime, Chime" was making me feel so sweet inside and I will forever wait for Growlie/Growlithe to appear for one time.
    I liked james and his cacnea but i wouldn't go as for as to cry over it but hey everyone has their own feelings so i agree on that one

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    I'd say Cacnea lasted a good amout of time in this show, and it's good to know they gave him a good farewell. I'm just glad it wasn't some plot where they find a group of Cacnea and James releases it so it can "be with its own kind" or something. At least he gave it to Gardenia, who so far seems like a pretty reccouring gym leader, so there's still a chance we might see it again. I could actually imagine it evolving into a Caturne while being with her.

*waits for somebody to shoot me down*

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It was for a very good reason, so yes. :D
    I mean Cacnea loved James, and James loved Cacnea but it was meant to happen...just like Jesse and Dustox :)

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years

I dont know, its just not gonna be the same with Mr. Mime. Besides, Delia has one already. Id like to see an episode in which Jr. and Mr. would get mixed up and James would think it evolved. Maybe Mime will evolve the day it leaves or something because its just gonna be weird to have Mr. mime.

I also want an episode in which TR/Wobb and Licky (now a Lickylicky)and its trainer would meet again.

Back