• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Legendaries be able to breed?

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    i agree with Kirbychu,only the non rare legends should be able to breed(the mons that can be gotten in game without events)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Only a couple should breed. I'm talking about legendaries like Heatran and Shaymin who aren't actually that rare in the game universe.

Whoa, wait. Shaymin's not rare? Then tell me why I don't have one.

I think this hasn't been mentioned yet, but they have no gender.

Heatran, Latios, Latias, Cresselia, Kami trio...those all have a gender. :x

I think those with a gender should be allowed to breed, especially awesome Heatran, which can be either male or female anyway. Why make it that way if it can't breed?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I think it would be nice if we could breed legendaries. I personally think it would cut down on the cheating to obtain a level one legendary. But like others have stated that it would defeat the purpose of calling them legendaries.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    No way. They're legendaries, they shouldn't, and I hope they never will.
    It's already an odd idea that Manaphy can breed, and make Phione... And even odder idea that Phione can't evolve to Manaphy, I don't see the logic. Phione is useless, in my opinion. xD
    I don't wish to offend any fan of Phione, though. It's just my opinion. ^^

Mostly I wish in the anime and in the pokè-films they showed only one of each legendary. I remember that in one of the films there were many Celebi, and also an episode (or a film, I can't remember) where there were Lugia and a baby Lugia. :/

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Manaphy can already do that, but it would be really cool to have that apply to some other legendaries as well. Perhaps the reasoning for that could be that it takes incredibly long for these "baby" legends to evolve or "grow" into their final forms. So that it wouldn't happen within the course of the game (or, possibly, a human lifespan).

I really like this idea. ^

On the other hand though, you could just make the legendary babies untradeable.
    And on the other hand......
    NO NOOBS WITH LEGENDARIES!

..... i don't wanna have legendary breeding...

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011

Whoa, wait. Shaymin's not rare? Then tell me why I don't have one.

Heatran, Latios, Latias, Cresselia, Kami trio...those all have a gender. :x

I think those with a gender should be allowed to breed, especially awesome Heatran, which can be either male or female anyway. Why make it that way if it can't breed?

While I totally get this argument and all and as much as I agree breeding for legendaries would be lame (though I still stand by my desire for some cute baby-articuno-pre evo-that-doesn't-evolve-into-articuno) there are lots of genderless pokemon that can breed with ditto :p

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
    Years
  • 4 things,

1. If they would be able to breed it would change the whole course of the game and make it look like nothing in it is rare. Though it may come in handy if you accidentally released one and that's.. tragic.

2. It would be awesome to breed them since if you do so, they might hatch weird new Pokemons. Also take this note; if you were like, breed a Suicine with a Ditto, it "might" hatch a "baby" Suicine. Still, that'll never happen because it was never coded.

3. You CAN breed them using hacks, I saw my friend's SoulSilver, they have a hack called Instant Pokemon Egg at Daycare, which means you can get an egg with 2 Pokemons in the Daycare.

4. Some legendaries can breed like Manaphy, which eventually the egg will hatch into a Phione. Though, these legendaries aren't EXACTLY uber, let's talk about Shaymin, if you have watched the movie about Giratina and Shaymin you might actually remember that there is about tens or hundreds of Shaymins in the conclusion of the movie.

Conclusion: They shouldn't be breed-able, but the ones with genders should have the ability to do so.

Years
  • I also don't think that Legis should be able to breed.
    For pretty much the same reason as above - it would kill their uniqueness. Of course there are several of them since people can trade etc.
    But for most legendarys.. as far as I understood it from the actual Pokemon story... there only exists one anyway.
    The only thing I would like would be if they had genders like Heatran, Latias, Latios etc :3
    I see no reason why any Pokemon should be genderless. Some like Magnemite are genderless due to being more mechanic? Well there are some Pokemon out there that look much less "animalistic" and still have genders ._. I think all should have. u.u

Years
  • Or per se... LEGENDARY PUSH!
    Lol, bad idea.

How will Zekrom mate with Zekrom?
    Zekrom x Zekrom = Mate Aftershock.
    Rayq x Rayq = Space Distortion.
    Giratina x Giratina = Darkness in the world.
    Brock x Brock = The world explodes(OFF TOPIC LOL)

Are Gigantic Legends be able to breed in a day care?
    Plus--the Day Care Sitter would die.
    Fin...of Magikarp.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I also don't think that Legis should be able to breed.
    For pretty much the same reason as above - it would kill their uniqueness. Of course there are several of them since people can trade etc.
    But for most legendarys.. as far as I understood it from the actual Pokemon story... there only exists one anyway.
    The only thing I would like would be if they had genders like Heatran, Latias, Latios etc :3
    I see no reason why any Pokemon should be genderless. Some like Magnemite are genderless due to being more mechanic? Well there are some Pokemon out there that look much less "animalistic" and still have genders ._. I think all should have. u.u

In a way, giving them a gender would also kill their uniqueness as well.

lemonfreak

the golden caterpie
    Years
  • ledgendary's shouldn't breed.
    people would just breed them untill they had 50 celebi or shaymin or whatever...
    It would make special event pokemon like jirachi and victini less rare.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Being able to breed legendaries would just ruin the unique factor about them. The competitive field of Pokémon would become a lot easier with players being able to breed Legendary Pokémon for the perfect IVs and nature, when the challenge is right there in SR'ing for the right one. So, it wouldn't only take away the uniqueness of a Legendary Pokémon in my opinion, but the challenge of the game.

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
    Years
  • the thought of legendaries having babies is pretty cute. i could imagine the bird trio from first gen and Reshiram nursing a baby ^.^ but now i sound ridiculous.

what would be really cool is, since Arceus is god and created all Pokémon, if you bred it, a random Pokémon hatched. that's be mint.

Back