• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Parents Be Allowed to Murder Child Molesters?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    IMO the fact that the courts decided the father was in the right is great news.

Self defense, or defending someone who is unable to do it themselves from acts of violence is a just cause. The fact the guy died is a pity, but some things get out of control.

I would suggest that any such case should be thoroughly looked at (such as looking at the 'defendee's' temperamental, history of violence, etc.) before letting anyone off scott-free for such an act.

----

As to all those saying killing another human should never be allowed, pretty sure the army(/ies) kill people. Should we make them go to jail as well?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • It's wrong because he did this in front of the kid, who was just a few seconds before getting molested.

Getting molested, and then immediately seeing a person being beat to death will leave severe mental trauma.

At the very least, he should have dragged the person outside, or told his daughter to leave, before he started to beat the guy to death. But then again, if he did that, he wouldn't have been able to use 'uncontrollable anger' as a defense.

Edit - No and yes. If its a all-out war, I'm fine with it. But I think that the 'soldiers' who shoot and kill non-combatants either intentionally, or unintentionally, should be jailed for murder.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Edit - No and yes. If its a all-out war, I'm fine with it. But I think that the 'soldiers' who shoot and kill non-combatants either intentionally, or unintentionally, should be jailed for murder.

War is just a condition the government declares, just as the governmental-courts ruled this guy as innocent of murder.

So really, the government gets to choose who is allowed to be killed - either way.

Years
  • Premeditated? It seems clear it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. But regardless, the man used excessive force and killed someone. That can't just be let off completely. While it's justifiable to attack someone to stop a third person from being harmed, you should only use as much force as is necessary. The law/courts really ought to have made this point and had the man go into therapy to help him deal with the fact that he killed someone and to help him control his temper.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • I can't blame him for his actions. I would've done the same if I had children and were in the same situation. (Of course I'm only 16, so yeah)
    He should be dealt with by the law. However, he should pretty much 'get off the hook' for what he did. It's pretty unfair, right?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Personally if it had been me walking in on that with my daughter I couldn't say exactly what I would do. Killing some is wrong but I doubt I would be able to control myself. Its my child and I woild do anything to protect them.

ForgottenT

Legendary Trainer
    Years
  • Let´s say it like this.
    Is it fair that USA killed Osama?
    They called it Justice, I think it´s the same in this situation

Years
  • I saw something on the 'net today with that exact title. It was in response to something that happened in Texas where a father walked in on his daughter being molested and then went into a rage and killed the guy with his own hands.

Was what he did wrong? Right? Understandable under the circumstance? Should he be punished, and how? What are your thoughts on vigilant justice in general? Does the kind of victim or crime make a difference in how you feel about it?

I already read the article and in my own opinion, what the father did is not right. He must not have murdered the man who abused his daughter sexually. Instead, he must have stopped the abuser first (the father can definitely use force to stop the abuser but he must not have murdered the abuser) then call the police for them to arrest the abuser. For me, that is the proper way of treating that case.

By the way, here in the Philippines, we have a proverb which I think is connected to the incident. That proverb is: 'Huwag mong ilagay ang batas sa iyong palad.' (English translation: 'Do not put the law into your hands.')

Now, going back to the topic whether parents should be allowed to murder child molesters or not. For me, they should not be allowed to do so. Instead, parents must seek justice for their children and they must take the legal fight for justice and that fight must occur legally in a legal court but I do doubt if I can control myself if I'm on the situation of the father on the article. Ahihihi. :P

Zoachu

Pikachu?
    Years
  • I think no. Granted, I would do the same thing... But you have to accept responsibility and go to jail afterwards. I hope he did.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • From what the article said, I don't think that what the man did could be considered murder. In response to the question of whether or not it should be allowed for parents to murder child molesters, I think it shouldn't be allowed. I remember coming across a quote a long time ago that went along the lines of "If we take an eye for an eye, the whole world would be blind". What the molester did was definitely wrong, but taking such reckless action is not any better.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Whoa, whoa whoa.
    Absolutely not.

I don't think that killing is ever justified by any means. But yes, I do believe that the parents can act in the child's defense, but killing is not justified. Death is not equivalent to molestation, in my opinion, but it is certainly along those lines, meaning that it is in fact, very bad.

This brings something like the death penalty into the conversation, but it does not involve it being done by the person who has been victimized. Maybe it would have helped at first for someone with that amount of rage, but a lot of people would eventually feel guilty and outcast for killing another human being. You don't just take something like that lightly.

I don't really have a very strong viewpoint on the death penalty itself, sorry to say. I just don't think that killing people is a good thing...

Years
    • IL
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I remember reading that article a while back.

I would have done the same thing as the Father. If I was a Dad, and I catch someone raping my child, no way I'm gonna let that rapist see the light of day ever again.

Plus, it saves taxpayers money.

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
    Years
  • no unless if its self-protection ( if he threatens to kill )
    the parent should control them selves and lock them somewhere and take their children somewhere else then the government ( or any other responsible department ) should decide on the punishment
    thats just my opinion and I'm open minded so if you have a better opinion id'e be convinced

i like cinnamon :)

Years
  • They should be able to do whatever they want with the sicko. Shoot on sight, beat the snot out of, torture, maim. Unrepentant, merciless, immoral criminals deserve no rights. They should not be dealt with honorably if they have no honor themselves.

Back