• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should people be able to own guns?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think people should be able to use them only when someone is pointing a gun at them. This could limit problems with accidental deaths that guns often cause. Do you agree?

Years
    Heck yes people should be allowed them, I love guns.
    As far as accidental deaths go, I think theres actually very few.
    Most people that get shot, were meant to get shot, and quite possibly deserved to be.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    No, thankyou. People who own guns simply are having alot of power and there is alot of responsibility of owning such a powerful thing. I do agree, though if you are in trouble; but killing someone who so called 'deserved it' is making you just as bad as the offender.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Guns? Oh you mean those things that has a bullet.

Here in our country, people can own guns. There are a few conditions, though which are: 1.) He/She must be of legal age. 2.)It, the gun, must be registered to the government. I don't know about other places though.

If it's a toy gun then everyone can own those!

Last edited:
    Years
    Meh, just because you have one doesnt mean you even have to see it ever.
    You could just have it in a drawer or cupboard or something and only take it out occasionally if you go hunting or something-or-other.
    Human nature I believe would dictate whether or not any one individual is able to kill someone.
    I dont think everyone is capable of it to be honest.
    That, however, is a little bit off topic.

Zet

Years
    No, I think the only people who should be able to use guns are police officers(only when on duty) and people on the defence force(only for wars and other things like training).

There's too many deaths and wounded people from guns and as to what FaithInMe said, I disagree, anyone will get shot for no reason at all or from a mugging so I don't think those people deserved it.

Years
    I did say "most", not meaning ALL.
    Some of course dont deserve it.
    Im not implying that innocent people who are just in the wrong place at the wrong time deserved to be killed.
    Its just unlucky really.
    But none of it has any effect on me so I dont really care.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    No, I think the only people who should be able to use guns are police officers(only when on duty) and people on the defence force(only for wars and other things like training).

There's too many deaths and wounded people from guns and as to what FaithInMe said, I disagree, anyone will get shot for no reason at all or from a mugging so I don't think those people deserved it.
    Farmers need guns to shoot rabbits or foxes, as they destroy their crops and attack their farm animals, as well as hunters who shoot animals and sell them to butchers.

Personally, I don't think guns are necessary. If we weren't so screwed up as a society, we wouldn't need guns.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Um. No. It's way too dangerous. Some people might go nuts with a gun and start killing people just for the heck of it. Police officers should be the only people allowed guns imo.

Zet

Years
    Farmers need guns to shoot rabbits or foxes, as they destroy their crops and attack their farm animals, as well as hunters who shoot animals and sell them to butchers.

Personally, I don't think guns are necessary. If we weren't so screwed up as a society, we wouldn't need guns.

They can just use an electric fence or something else to keep them away.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    No, I don't think that people should be able to own guns. Even if they do, they should have a license and government approvement. I guess it could be used for self-protection but it may end up in the wrong hands. So, no. There's always the police.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Yes, but I think that they should be used only for sports like at a shooting range (but no hunting animals). I think they should not be used for self-defense.

My daddy loves his guns, but only for sports and stuff.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    It really depends on who you are, and what your job is. Police Officers, and Soldiers are a given. But others need them to make money(i.e. hunter) and farmers to keep their farm free from wild animals. Regular people shouldn't own guns, they don't need them. It is kind of ridiculous that a lot of people need them to feel protected..

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The U.S. Supreme Court interperted the following Amendment to mean everyday citizens have the right to own guns when it struck down the D.C. gun ban in D.C. v. Heller.

Justice Antonin Scalia, writing for the majority, stated, "In sum, we hold that the District's ban on handgun possession in the home violates the Second Amendment, as does its prohibition against rendering any lawful firearm in the home operable for the purpose of immediate self-defense ... We affirm the judgment of the Court of Appeals."

I agree 100% percent. Everybody has the right to own a firearm bar convicted felons and the insane.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'm going to say yes here, as banning guns isn't gonna keep them out of the hands of a criminal who's determined enough. Most people should be allowed access to guns, unless they're underage, have a past history of violence, or exhibit certain warning signs of using violence in the future.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    A gun, to this day, has never killed someone.

Neither has alcohol.

Just because someone is stupid doesn't mean that something they hold is dangerous. It just means they are dangerous. Don't ban guns, ban stupid people.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    A gun, to this day, has never killed someone.

Neither has alcohol.

Just because someone is stupid doesn't mean that something they hold is dangerous. It just means they are dangerous. Don't ban guns, ban stupid people.

You can't ban stupid people though. Guns are the next best thing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010

You can't ban stupid people though. Guns are the next best thing.

I assume you're joking, but will reply regardless as if it were actually serious.

You CAN ban stupid people, but most people don't have the fortitude to do it. I'd be all for it. Guns are the next best thing? Gun violence is relatively low. The vast majority of gun violence comes from black youth males and gangs. Neither of which has anything to do with Mr. Bob down the street. Banning guns won't effect the black youth males or the gangs. They will continue to get their guns. The only person who will be effected is Mr. Bob down the street. Tell me, does this, at all, sound like an even REMOTELY good idea?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Just be lucky you guys don't live in Arizona like me... I hope...

People out here are allowed to own guns even without a license. But they have to make sure that you are able to see it (i believe). I've seen a couple people with guns out here, holding them in a gun holster.

Back