• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Pok?mon make a true leap into 3D?

Should Pok?mon make a true leap into 3D?

• Yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Now I know what your saying, what about the Pok?mon Stadium and Colosseum Series as they made the leap into 3D.

But all in all they weren't true leaps in my opinion as they didn't offer a true Pok?mon game experience.

The Pok?mon Stadium Series was a nice supplement to the games and Pok?mon Colosseum Series had some exploration and story but nothing compared to the portable games we all love.

So do you all think they should make a true leap and give us a 3D version of the portable games we love?

I say yes because look at so many popular game series that made the leap such as Zelda and Final Fantasy.

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Deathspector said:
    I'd have to disagree. You see, it is because it is so simple in nature, and 2D, that the Pok?mon portable games are so popular. I know loads of people who'd bite your head off if they saw this...
    Same reasoning here too.

Pokemon should be 2D anytime.

Years
    Stadium, Stadium GS, Colosseum and XD were not 3D O.o They were 2D... They just had 3d graphics... 3D is when you can look everywhere you want with the camera. In these game the camera was not moving manually but automaticly... So actually they were not 3D.
    Anyway I also think Pokemon Prortalble have to be 2d. However, a nice 3D Pokemon expierience in REVO wouldn't be sth bad though ;) Just thing a Pokemon 3D MMORPG. XD

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Ash_Pokemaster said:
    Anyway I also think Pokemon Prortalble have to be 2d. However, a nice 3D Pokemon expierience in REVO wouldn't be sth bad though ;) Just thing a Pokemon 3D MMORPG. XD
    Well, I never said to change that as I meant to go truly 3D in consoles/PC and not the portables as 2D is perfect for the portables.

As for a MMORPG, well I made a thread about that before this so check it out if you like.

And just so you all don't get me wrong, I love the 2D style when it comes to the portables which is the bread & butter of the series but I am just saying that they should throw us a 3D game on the consoles here and there as I love to play one if it was like the 2D games i.e. not like the Pok?mon Stadium and Colosseum Series.

Last edited:
    Years
    I didn't say you told that :S I just gave emphasis... Anyway what I think, no 3d in potables and yes 3d to home-consoles (REVO= Revolution (The new Nintendo Colnsole) if this is what confused you)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Without being a nitpicking nerd about the relation of 3-D and 2-D graphics I'll give my opinion. It may be a good idea if you could still hook up your GBAs or DS' to the game. But you'd have to make a stand alone game, one which every Pokemon was in, and WILD Pokemon. Even with the Revolution, Nintendo's probably going to be too lazy to do this. So, if any more 3-D Pokemon games come out, they'll always play like Colosseum or XD.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    ...even though I said 2D will be good, maybe 3D isn't so bad after all.

If Pokemon ever becomes first-person :p

Seriously, if Pokemon was from the first person perspective, you feel more "ingame", and it might add more to the role-play part of the game.

prolific_rhapsody

Paradox in Paradigm
    Years
    I voted maybe, simply because if everything went 3D, people would miss the 2D Pokemon games. They could do like Zelda, and make 3D and 2D games simultaneously. (i.e. The Minish Cap, 2005, GBA (2D), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, April 4th, 2006, NGC (3D))

However, the first 3D handheld Zelda for the DS should be coming out either late 2006 or early 2007. So....

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    eventidemjj said:
    I voted maybe, simply because if everything went 3D, people would miss the 2D Pokemon games. They could do like Zelda, and make 3D and 2D games simultaneously. (i.e. The Minish Cap, 2005, GBA (2D), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, April 4th, 2006, NGC (3D))

However, the first 3D handheld Zelda for the DS should be coming out either late 2006 or early 2007. So....
    Like I said before I am not saying they should abandon there 2D roots on the handhelds I am just saying they should make a 3D game on the consoles that is like the experience in the 2D games therefore not the Pok?mon Stadium and Colosseum Series.

poke lover

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Hmm, well Im not to sure. Everyone incuding myself loves the 2D graphics of the Pokemon games, changing them to 3D well, Im not really sure. I doubt Nintendo will do it though.

mew_rocks

Sell the kids for food
    Years
    If they did they should defenitley make it different to the collseum and gale of darkness formula, (which was just side scrolling 2d with 3d graphics). Make it like a true rpg in 3d like zelda, but continue releasing it on hand helds as then you trade easier and the battle system works better. P.S Colloseum sucks.

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    mew_rocks said:
    Make it like a true rpg in 3d like zelda, but continue releasing it on hand helds as then you trade easier and the battle system works better. P.S Colloseum sucks.
    Yes, that is what I was talking about as it be like how Zelda made the leap and I think we can all agree Zelda making the leap was awesome.

Pretty much I want them to do it just like they did with there Zelda franchise, as in make a leap to 3D but still maintain the great 2D games on the handhelds as I never want to see a 3D handheld game.

And I think that's where some people go me wrong as they thought I meant to make the leap on the handhelds and I never said for them to make the leap on the handhelds as I insinuated the leap to be done on the consoles as that is where they need to do it.

I just want a 3D version of the 2D Pok?mon game experience.

Last edited:
    Years
    I would love to see a Online version of a Pokemon game for the Nintendo Revloution.

This way the pokemon team could update new pokemon, pokemon spots and gym leaders.

No more Netbattle, Online would give you the true run for your money. You could create what your character looks like and possibly pick from any of the 9 starters that way you never know who your opponet may have.

I would also like to see a World of Warcraft like structure. The pokemon team could create Quest's and Mission's other then strait battling. They could also give players the chance to actually be breeders intead of battlers.

There is alot more I could add but I know this will be very unlikely to happen.

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Crosman said:
    I would love to see a Online version of a Pokemon game for the Nintendo Revloution.

This way the pokemon team could update new pokemon, pokemon spots and gym leaders.

No more Netbattle, Online would give you the true run for your money. You could create what your character looks like and possibly pick from any of the 9 starters that way you never know who your opponet may have.

I would also like to see a World of Warcraft like structure. The pokemon team could create Quest's and Mission's other then strait battling. They could also give players the chance to actually be breeders intead of battlers.

There is alot more I could add but I know this will be very unlikely to happen.
    Ya me too, me personally I like to see a MMORPG version of the game as I stated in my thread about the subject. Though Nintendo is so fickle about change I doubt they make one or by the time they did it be too late.

Last edited:

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    They need to make the 3-d Versions a mix between The GBA versions, XD and Stadium; a Storyline with gyms, minigames, Pokemon School, and gyms with more of a challenge than those in the storyline. Heck they could even have the GBA connect to the GCN and have them interact like they did in Luigi's Mansion or Mickey's MAgic Mirror.

Back