• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

should some people be forgiven?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    "Compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share"

"Exactly. It's what separates us from them."

What is that from? It sounds familiar...

Anyways, yes, I forgive anybody who shows willingness to change their behavior. Honestly, I believe that judging another person is NOT something we should do. Judgement of people is a job that should be held exclusively by God. Since I am not God, all I can do is accept that people sin, and if they show a willingness to fix their mistakes, than yes, I will forgive them.

When it comes to smaller things, I typically tend not to see the worst in people, so if someone does something that irks me, I typically just let it roll off my back and move on. It takes more energy to hold on to a grudge than it does to just let it go, right?

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    When you get right down to it, everybody deserves forgiveness. Forgiveness is governed by emotion, and you only really forgive people depending on your emotion. Imagine you were the murderer, rapist or paedophile involved and everyone wanted you hanged. I'm not saying that what these people do is right, but it's just that humans are humans, and humans can change if given a second chance.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I think it depends on the situation. I would probably forgive someone for stealing, for example, but not for murdering someone.

Though having said that, I don't believe in revenge/justice. What I do believe in is helping the person do whatever they can to change their way of life. I don't think I'd be strong enough to forgive, but I'd like to think I'd be strong enough to stop the cycle of pain.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I forgive people on a very iffy case by case basis based on a simple formula.

That formula being. If they want forgiveness and I don't think they're deliberately taking advantage of my kindness.

I judge the latter myself. I'm not perfect, but it sure seems to work pretty well. Usually, if I really can't tell, I give people the benefit of the doubt, which is totally opening myself up to a world of hurt, but... I'm pretty much ready to take that risk and deal with the result, regardless.

In other news. So long as the above formula is met, I forgive anyone for pretty much anything.

Last edited:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    It depends. I usually forgive people if what they did to me or someone else isn't terrible.

But, like Impo said, I forgive but never forget.

Years
    I believe in forgiveness, period. I'd certainly want to be forgiven myself, since I'm no saint. Grudging wastes your energy and often spoils a good mood, blocks possible new friendships, and makes others feel worse. Why bother with it?

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    I honestly find it depends on whatever the person did to you. Like say someone called you these really rude names, but didn't mean it. Let's say they did it out of anger. They said they were sorry, but still weren't forgiven. I think that is kind of rude, especially if you apologized and said you regretted it.

I think it all depends on WHO exactly it is apologizing, and how you can forgive them. With forgiveness comes trust and with trust comes bond. I forgive people, but I never forget what they did to make me feel that way.

Back