• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should there be a "Hug a Policeman Day"?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I think that the police don't get enough thanks for all the hard work that they do, and this probably makes them sad. I think that there should be a day where everbody is entitled to hug policemen and policewomen, to show them we appreciate what they do for us. This would perhaps raise their morale and make them more determined to keep us safe, and also it would be good for us because we would get to hug some policemen.

Do you agree with this idea?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I agree. I would love to hug a policeman if I were five.

Maybe this should only be for children under the age of ten, otherwise the older people could hurt the policemen and we don't want that ;;

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I think policemen would get enough hugs from their children or wives, wishing them a safe return from their jobs. They're just out to do their job, they don't really need their privacy invaded by huggers.

If you want to hug someone, hobos and bums should get hugs. Since their lifes are somewhat depressing. :(

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    If I were a policeman or lady, I wouldn't want random people hugging me. Maybe a "thank your policemen/ladies day" would be better. :3

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Jolene, you're a bad troll. :[

I think there should be a "Hug Important People" day. That way no one gets left out. <3

Especially nurses, they are so under-payed and save so many lives. :|

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What about those people that are unimportant? They get left out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wait, how do you define an important person though? :( Someone popular, well known? So thus people that do bad things such as Osama are classed as "important", and you're supposed to hug them?

You should stick to police and nurses.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    ^ this. No tasers plz.

Er. I don't exactly consider getting hugged by a stranger a good thing. It'd just be strange. If I were a policeman, I'd take that day off and stay inside.

But that's me. =P

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I'd prefer to thank the police officer, give a few words of encouragement and appreciation, and be on my way. Hugging's a bit.. shady.. haha.
    Besides, one day of a year isn't very much.. why not spare the time any other moment one sees a police officer to let them know how much they appreciate their work, not just on some special day?

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    I don't know a policeman. Therefore, I would be hugging a stranger, which is gross weird.

Years
    Er. I don't exactly consider getting hugged by a stranger a good thing. It'd just be strange. If I were a policeman, I'd take that day off and stay inside.

But that's me. =P

Essentially this.

I believe a good idea would be a Monthly, or even Bi-Monthly "Local Hero Appreciation Day".

If I was a cop, I'd take "Hug A Cop Day" off. Besides, I think cops get plenty of recognition, at least, where I live they do. Keepin' the town safe and all that.

Adrenalyn

this wild life...this freedom
    Years
    Where I live, we demand a 'Punch a Policeman Day'.

Yeah, just like everyone else there are good policemen and bad ones...
    I think everyone needs an appreciation day, firemen, nurses, volunteers, - & Doctors :D - blah, blah, blah.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

If I were a police women I'd prefer a simple thank you rather then random hugs.

Keep it simple, as I say~

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I'm starting to think this is so you can hug that super cute policeman.
    But you troll so much, I honestly don't know what you say is true anymore.

HOWEVER, I do think that heroes(not just policemen) deserve a reward from a human being, but not if they need a day. Small acts of kindness aren't supposed to be(or even suggested) on a certain day, because it makes it seem mandatory. I don't think anyone likes a hug if they don't think it's completely honest and heartfelt.

My other two cents: Doctors should get more hugs. Anyone can drive a car, shoot a gun, and be a vigilante, but it takes years of medical school just to learn how to diagnose someone.

Well, what do you know? There is actually National Hug Day.

Back