• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should there be more Fansubs groups for Pokemon ? I find PMSubs WAY TOO Slow

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    I made this as i really feel pissed at PMSubs for their horrible pace. Hate me or not this is what really feel right now

Years
  • I still tend to not find it attractive whatever subs foreign language shows have. I would much prefer a fandub without all the censorship, etc. I'd love to see what a raw fandub would sound like in English.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • No there should not be more fansubs for Pokémon. First of all it's illegal, and second at least there is a fansub available, which is better than nothing (for those who do prefer subs ;P). I prefer to just watch the dubbed episodes since it's much easier to watch an episode without having to constantly read text at the bottom of the screen.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    They're only 3 eps behind. I suppose Pokemon isn't as popular with older people who are able to translate, so we only have a small group able to do it. I don't mind waiting for them so much though, since they have pretty high quality subs. They're easy to read, coloured-coded, and have karaoke subs for the songs, which I've always loved. Be grateful we don't get a convoluted mess of dub-names, poor grammar, garish fonts and just general bad translation, like this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0P33clIruk (a small clip like this is fine to post, right? otherwise...sorry in advance).

If official subs were available to watch, or purchase on DVD, I would snap it right up. But as they don't offer this at all, there isn't any other option. It wouldn't even be like it was much effort for the Pokemon Company to do (unlike something like Yugioh which was butchered) since *nowadays* there are pretty much no scene cuts, snips or edits, only dialogue and audio edits.

Years
  • I made this as i really feel pissed at PMSubs for their horrible pace. Hate me or not this is what really feel right now

The pace of their sub releases isn't the worst part imo. Their translators and staff go around and bash every other sub done for XY in their attempt to promote their own. It's quite sad.

Back