• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Should they make a 3DS version of FRLG?

Years
    Should they make a 3ds/2ds version of FRLG?

In my opinion it would be awesome, but at the same time we have an updated game on the GBA.

What are your thoughts? If so, what would you like included in it.

I think the graphics should be updated. But really I don't think we need one. I'm happy with FRLG on GBA. It ROCKS! And is, so far, my favorite game.

I haven't played the NDS/3DS games yet.

Years
    On one side of looking at it, that might be a bit cool. Although, maybe they could update the Pokedex so that I could evolve my Golbat... though, it is kind of nice having a Golbat for once, usually my Golbat evolves again at level 23 (One level after I get the Golbat)

Although, I'd rather have a remake on the Hoenn games. It's like, the only region (Not counting V, but I'd at least wait a gen past VI to remake that) that has not had a remake...

And, you haven't played past Gen III? You should try generations past that sometime. Heartgold and SoulSilver are really, almost sequels to FR/LG, so I would recommend them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Oct 8, 2014
    I say no...BECAUSE...theyre already technically remakes of red and green (or blue have you!) lol

I think they need to remake Ruby and Sapphire to buy time for me so i can overthrow whoevers in charge of pokemon and tell them what the HELL they need to do! lol

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I wouldn't mind haveing a remake for FRLG on the 3ds, maybe they could make you help out celio again ^.^ but i must admit, if i could choose i would go for a hoenn remake first.

Last edited:

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
    I say Kanto deserves another update to today's 3D standards.
    So does Johto.

But Hoenn, I think, needs it even more. It hasn't even had a remake yet and I miss having a Secret Base and the Hoenn Battle Frontier.

Although... I like the idea of exploring the Sevii Islands in 3D as well.

EDIT: And then we DID get the Hoenn remakes. No Battle Frontier though, sadly.

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    No. Because I don't have a 3DS.

Lol just kidding, it would be pretty cool to have that though. I've seen some pictures of Emerald in the 3ds but they're probably fake.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If this were to happen, I really don't know how I would feel. I mean, we've just had Kanto in HeartGold and SoulSilver two generations ago. Do we really want to see it return once more? x_x Instead, though, I'd prefer a game that would feature Hoenn.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't really care, since we can still buy Kanto games and journey through Kanto (battling gym leaders, etc) in HeartGold/SoulSilver, which are still found in unused sections of video games stores and can still be played on Nintendo's main handheld, the 3DS. :3 I mean, it would be nice if it happened I guess, but I would much prefer Hoenn > Kanto first.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I'm sure they'll make a remake of it before the have a remake of RSE.

I'd like to see the Orange Islands be added in as well as maybe a reverse GSC where you go from kanto to johto.

Years
    If we were to get a 3DS version of FireRed/LeafGreen, I'd be one of the first in line to buy it, even if I'd prefer Hoenn remakes first, like many others.

Personally, I'd rather see them release FR/LG in the 3DS eShop before going and making a remake of a remake. Even if it were $10 or something, I'm sure they'd get a good number of people buying it, and it would be next to no work for them. Heck, they could even let you take your Pokemon from that game, and let you use the Pal Park to move them over to any 4th gen game on your 3DS. I know I'd probably pay if we got that option.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
    If we were to get a 3DS version of FireRed/LeafGreen, I'd be one of the first in line to buy it, even if I'd prefer Hoenn remakes first, like many others.

Personally, I'd rather see them release FR/LG in the 3DS eShop before going and making a remake of a remake. Even if it were $10 or something, I'm sure they'd get a good number of people buying it, and it would be next to no work for them. Heck, they could even let you take your Pokemon from that game, and let you use the Pal Park to move them over to any 4th gen game on your 3DS. I know I'd probably pay if we got that option.

FR/LG on the eshop but with the ability to put the pokemon from it onto pokemon bank ofc

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I would buy it for sure. Now some of you may have seen me explain why we don't need a remake of Gen 3 games I have said the only reasonable argument I see for making them is the fact we can't play them on the current system.

In fact, the only Gens we can't play on 3DS are 1 and 3. If you remake one, you have to make the other. It just makes sense. This would make them a ton of money I believe and increase the time they have to make Gen 7 or even Z.

Only thing I won't like about a remake, Shiny Locked Legendary. WHY GAMEFREAK!?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I wouldn't mind a Gen 1 remake on the 3DS, as long as they expand the Kanto dex with all cross-gen evo's and prevo's, like Sylveon, Kingdra, Steelix, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, etc.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
    I would rather have remake of SS/HG than just FR/LG. There are just to many cool features in HG/SS than FR/LG, and 3d would be amazing!! Though that probably won't happen for awhile, if it happens at all :(

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    The idea of a kind of reverse of what we're used to, that being going from Kanto to Johto throughout the course of the game, seems like an interesting idea. That said, we're much more likely to see Hoenn remakes first, considering the fact that currently it's the only main series region that has no ability of being played on the 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    It would be cool, but I doubt it. My theory is that they remade the Pokémon games that you couldn't trade/migrate from, so they came up with a simple idea of remakes, where you'd be able to get the same Pokémon. They might make a sequel for FR/LG 2 years before? Or maybe for Oak/Agatha :3

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    One complaint I have seen with X and Y is that the story is a bit bland. So if they remade FireRed and LeafGreen it would basically be even more games with very little story to them, which I don't think would be good for GameFreak. Not to mention that there's really no benefit when you get Kanto starters as part of the main game. I would say that it's both unlikely and a bad idea if they were to do it.

DoktorGilda

I will steal your lunch money
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2014
    I'd love to see both Kanto and Hoenn on the 3DS. It'd be nice if they got rid of that "can't evolve Pokemon into stuff outside the regional dex" thing that FRLG had going on...

I want to see remakes for Gen 3 as good and full of love as HGSS was. (I can't help but think FRLG was a bit flat in comparison with HGSS)

Back