• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Should they make a 3DS version of FRLG?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I don't really like the idea of the Kanto region games getting a 2nd remake...it's a bit much. I still think that without a doubt, it would certainly be pretty amazing to see, but just unlikely. I mean, with what they did with HG/SS, who wouldn't like another remake? I still think a Hoenn remake's at a higher possibility.

To shorten the length of that, a remake would still be nice, just highly unlikely.

Last edited:

JamieW

One of the good guys.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    I would personally welcome re-re-makes of both R/S and FR/LG with happy, open, loving arms lol

I don't know about the rest o' you lot but I think HeartGold/Soulsilver is easily the best looking an best all-round Pokemon game to date. (Although bear in mind folks I haven't actually seen X/Y yet on a console, just in videos) If Nintendo were to remake FR/LG in the same way they did with HG/SS then personally I think they can't wrong!
    Who cares if all Nintendo are after is another big payday, we will get to play the games that got us hooked in the first place in amazing graphics an colour plus it would be completely brilliant just to have them remade :) (not saying that FR/LG doesn't look fantastic already but still...)

Years
    • no
    • Seen Apr 20, 2020
    if theyre just going to do the same thing, no~ (they considered removing features just to "exactly" remake RBY series)

but if new features are in hand, well maybe yes. it still depends on what they're gonna add.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2017
    I really like the idea, but I have a couple of ideas.

- First of all, no more than 151 Pokémon. No national Pokédex or whatever
    - You must be able to capture all the Pokémon, including Mew
    - Let it follow the manga more than the anime
    - Your rival must be the biggest douche in the universe (after John Edward)
    - Have an Missigno. easter egg in it

That game would be awesome!

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    I really like the idea, but I have a couple of ideas.

- First of all, no more than 151 Pokémon. No national Pokédex or whatever
    - You must be able to capture all the Pokémon, including Mew
    - Let it follow the manga more than the anime
    - Your rival must be the biggest douche in the universe (after John Edward)
    - Have an Missigno. easter egg in it

That game would be awesome!

That sounds like the worst idea ever. That would not be a remake, that would be a new game. Red and Green did not follow the anime considering it came out BEFORE the anime ever started, so get your facts right.

There are 700+ pokemon now, not adding them in post-game would be stupid and a pointless game.

Green is already the biggest douche in the universe so pointless.

Missingno is a glitch, not a pokemon.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I wouldn't mind seeing it remade but there are definitely other games I'd rather see. ^^

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I do believe I've said this many a times on this forum.

But GameFreak would probably make a HUGE buck, if they did this.

One Yellow Remake for the 3DS, and a Emerald Remake for the 3DS.
    And have them link together and make it possible to catch even more pogeymanz c:

Years
    How about Hoenn remakes first. then maybe after FRLG remakes. although I think nintendo should put FRLG RSE in the eshop i mean pokemon is their money making franchise yet we never seen one in the eshop.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    If they plan to do it, they must make a Kanto-Johto Mixed 3DS, in whch player will goto Johto for next journeys after doing Kanto league!

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
    NO sir . Ruby and Sapphire are in top priority not FR/LG . Kanto is already remade Hoen isn't yet. It would be proper to re(re) make Red/Green for their 20 year anniversary :P ( as FR/ LG were for the 10 year anniversary )

Years
    We need a 3rd gen remake badly. It's been over 10 years since R/S were made and those old cartridge's internal batteries are dying. Which means eventually we won't be able to have access to legitimate 3rd gen Pokemon.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    A remake of a remake, you say? I was thinking about that as well, but if it comes to that, then the in the next generation they'll have to remake Diamond and Pearl and HeartGold and Soul Silver. Then in the next next next generation, they'll have to remake RBGY, RSE and BW. Like that, they'll get a huge remake load.

It would be good if they re-remade them, but it should happen only after a few more Generations, after we actually start missing them.

Pinta77

We have been to Kanto so many times that even a full 3D version wouldn't make me wanna play it again.

Years
    I feel like Kanto's been in too many games already, while a FR/LG remake would look nice I'd rather see a Ruby & Sapphire remake first, to remind me of the first Pokemon games I ever played.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I would like to see a remake of FiredRed and LeafGreen, but at this point I feel like it would be a waste. If Game Freak's going to remake a game they obviously need to remake Ruby and Sapphire first. Red and Green received remakes, then Gold and Silver. Now it is Ruby and Sapphire's turn for a remake, with 3D functionality on the Nintendo 3DS. We have enough of the originals, Game Freak should be either focusing on a new game, a fantastic new spinoff (preferably a new Pokemon Ranger), or remaking Ruby and Sapphire.

Back