• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Volkner replace Brock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    How would you feel if Volkner replaced Brock in the next series of Pokemon? I think that this would be a good thing as Volkner is a very attractive man. Female viewing figures would skyrocket if Volkner joined Ash's party. I think that the writers should portray him as quite sad and lonely so that we would want to save him.

Last edited:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Volkner is an aspiring musician, but being cooped up in Sunyshore Gym means that he hasn't been able to find the inspiration to write any new songs. He believes that by travelling around with Ash and his friends, he will see new sights which will inspire him to create new music. Volkner carries his electric guitar with him wherever he goes. Throughout the series, he works on a new song which he eventually plays in a concert in one of the last episodes.

Volkner's defining personality trait is his sarcastic wit, which he gratuitously flaunts.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • makes sense but you make it sound like the pokemon series is ending...

but brock is irreplaceable.he has been here since the beginning and only left for one season and people found that brock shouldnt leave but misty should.There was a reason that brock stayed andTracy didnt. they covered it up by this.also Brock is Ash's best human Friend.Volkner has no relation to ash except through beating him in a battle and owning an electric type.It wouldnt be awesome.....

Last edited:
    Years
  • Um, you guys got nostalgia glasses on?

It would be fun...Volkner being the complete opposite of Brock, girls would want him, and he would turn them down XD. He would probably not take his team (If you had some 8th Gym Leader on your team, don't you think he should restart? You don't want him defeating noobs in the next region, do you?), he would also have guitar maybe. But hey, although it seems impossible, I like it. Since Misty was replaced, why not Brock?

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Why add Volkner when he would do nothing on the cast? It would be pointless.
    Isn't Brock pointless too?

but brock is irreplaceable.he has been here since the beginning and only left for one season and people found that brock shouldnt leave but misty should
    That wasn't the reason why they replaced Misty instead of Brock. In fact, Misty was more popular than Brock at the time.

Volkner is too old to join the group.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    O.o What gave you the idea of volkner traveling with ask?! Strange... Its a good idea but it would never happen i just cant picture it :\ I want ash to keep traveling with girls he has only known for less when half an hour!

Volkner is too old to join the group.
    Volkners not too old? o.O
    Hes about the same age as Brock and Brocks only like... 12, 13?

Last edited:

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • Why not just drop Brock and Ash. Brock really does nothing for the cast. Ash just needs to die, and his freaking Pikachu needs to evolve already.

-Okami

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Semidos said:
    Isn't Brock pointless too?

Yeah he is. The problem with your comparison is that Brock has that goal to become a Pokémon Breeder giving him an excuse. Volkner has no such excuse to travel unless you show that he does.

Jolene said:
    Volkner is an aspiring musician, but being cooped up in Sunyshore Gym means that he hasn't been able to find the inspiration to write any new songs. He believes that by travelling around with Ash and his friends, he will see new sights which will inspire him to create new music. Volkner carries his electric guitar with him wherever he goes. Throughout the series, he works on a new song which he eventually plays in a concert in one of the last episodes.

Volkner's defining personality trait is his sarcastic wit, which he gratuitously flaunts.

Oh I get it. This is a troll thread.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Stating unpopular opinions is not trolling. This is something which Pokecommunity needs to learn.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Yeah he is. The problem with your comparison is that Brock has that goal to become a Pokémon Breeder giving him an excuse. Volkner has no such excuse to travel unless you show that he does.
    Nope. I don't see any reason that he would travel with group. Also, I don't want him to travel with group.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • Stating unpopular opinions is not trolling. This is something which Pokecommunity needs to learn.
    I agree, I face the same thing you are with many of my ideas. Just because you hate someone's idea doesn't mean you can just write them off a troll. Not saying this is a great idea, but I will atleast I will hear you out. I don't think Volkner=new Brock because too, Brock had a diffrent backround. He was helping his family, but then when he left his family took over. That I think is the biggest problem.

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
  • I think Volkner could have an excuse.. I thought about this today at work...

Volkner is depressed because of the lack of challenges, so, one day, he decides that instead of waiting for strong challengers, he would go to them. So he would leave his gym is search of strong opponents, because he really misses the days where he used to travel as a trainer and actually got a challenge from random by passers.

Also, he leaves to a new region in hopes that his name won't proceed him so people will actually battle him.

It could work....

yoshi12370

Bouncing along!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Volkner is PERFECT to replace Brock because he's SOOOO hawt!!!!!!

-_- I love the logic of that.....

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
  • I just think it would be funny to see random girls hit on a guy instead of Brock hitting on random girls. Change of pace is good, yes.

Also, Volkner would probably get all depressed if he found a battle too easy and think about heading back, leading to his own personal "ear pulling" moment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back