• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shoulder Wii!

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Well i just had to get peoples opinions on this and see if any of you have maybe encountered this problem. Whoever managed to get their hands on a Nintendo Wii system, will know that the game Wii sports came with the console as its main release tittle. Over the last few days it has been reported that gamers who have played the boxing on Wii sports for large amounts of time without no breaks have developed whats known as a Wii shoulder, where gamers have got cramps and strains in the shoulder muscles resulting in them going to get checked out in hospital.

Has any Wii owner developed shoulder Wii or know anyone who has?

~Kipper~

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Y'know, I've heard of some new unheard of technique called "warming up", which helps prevents this new injury.

Now in all seriousness, this is nothing special. It's what happens when you move vigorously without warming your muscles up first.

Who called it "WiiShoulder"? Pfft.

Anywho, WiiBoxing is mad, just to let y'all know.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Who called it "WiiShoulder"? Pfft

Its what they called it on the news so i guess they just made it up as there is obviously no existence of the phrase Wii shoulder but i guess its a nice term to use to refer to the situation as it suits it.

~Kipper~

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I was sore the first day after playing it. And even now I still tend to get a little sore on some things (long sword fights on Red Steel is no fun). I have heard cases of people getting Wii Elbow, but it's few and it's likely people who don't do much activities (I'm on the computer all day, or playing games all day. Yet I haven't had any probs outside of being sore).

Years
    Its what they called it on the news so i guess they just made it up as there is obviously no existence of the phrase Wii shoulder but i guess its a nice term to use to refer to the situation as it suits it.

~Kipper~

I have a feeling he was being sarcastic.

I've had some light pains in the joins above my elbow after some boxing, nothing that a nice playing of zelda can fix

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    There's a little word called 'moderation'. Another phrase is 'Repetitive Strain Injury'. Obviously, if you keep performing the same intense actions for a sustained period of time with no breaks or the correct muscle warm up, you're gonna suffer for it. Just like in sports really. And it's the same scenario as playing a game that heavily relies on button bashing. Prolonged play on those games cause finger cramps etc.

People just seem to be going over the top because it's the Wii and they're having to do more physical actions than they normally do to play a game.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I haven't experienced Wii Shoulder or Wii Elbow. I have had Wii Wrist. During the first few times I played TP I wouldn't rest my arm, it was always extended. But now I rest and I'm good.

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
    Years
    Heh, gamer physique is now showing true light in the Wii.

Think of it as an incentive to get off the couch and start livin' a little.

Back