• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shouldn't bad eggs be illigal

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2009
    Bacicly they wreck your game. The developers put them in to punish people who use action replay ect.
    (BTW action replay hacks the game to insert a pokemon or items or other things)
    Developers putting in something on purpose which wrecks your game should realy be illigal. Do you agree?

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Nah, if you cheat that much, then you kinda deserve it (as far as I know, you get bad eggs from really abusive cheats, such as catching trainer's pokemon). If you're concerned about bad eggs, then don't cheat.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2009
    Couldent they make an Action replay blocker to kill any action replay that attempts to hack em
    also thats why i dont cheat!

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    The bad egg is freakin' scary, yes; but it's there to teach hackers a lesson. I mean honestly, stealing other trainers' Pokemon? <<;;
    And it can be really fun to exploit (how many shinies and Pokerus did I get on my Emerald ROM from those things, only to have it all go down the crapper whenever I checked their stats? xDD) so I think it's fine the way it is.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2009
    Couldent they make an Action replay blocker to kill any action replay that attempts to hack em
    also thats why i dont cheat!

Action Replay blockers can be gotten around with ease using more action replay codes.

The action replay itself has in the instuctions that its use can lead to corrupted data and even corrupted game carts and as far as I'm aware (I don't use cheating devices so my exposure to the bad EGG is limited and comes from second-hand accounts so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) it only corrupts the save data, not the actual game so you don't lose anything except time. If you valued the savegame so much you wouldn't have risked it in the first place.

I really don't see the problem, personally. I agree with the 'if you don't like it, don't cheat' line of thinking.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2009
    Bad eggs are well... BAD
    Also why did the developers make the bad egg catch into a bad egg. its kinda strange they should have called it "blame this on your action replay and jump up and down on it while wearing golf shoes!2

braminoid

The bird is the word.
    Years
  • if you don't want Bad eggs then don't extreme Hack such as stealing Pokemon and Maxing out stats and the such. Bad eggs are terrible but so is extreme hacking...Some hacks are ok but some ruin the game a little.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • Bad Eggs are just the developers way of teaching you a lesson. I mean, if you made something for kids to play with, and then had them cheating just to finish, you would want to stop them, right?
    The moral of the story is "cheaters never win". You should continue the game and finish it on your own.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    If I was a GF developer, I would have put much more sinister consequences than a stupid bad egg. I would have added code that when an AR/GS code was used, it would totally corrupt the game data, rendering the cart absolutely useless. This would actually increase sales for the company since the cheaters would probably purchase the game again (or a few times) before they realized what had happened.

Something less permanent would be for every time a cheat code was used, a random box in the PC would be wiped out. That would be so funny if someone had a bunch of shiny Pokemon in a box, used a cheat code, and then they all disappeared. Better yet, every time a cheat code was used, the game would automatically reset. I like that idea even better.

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
  • If I was a GF developer, I would have put much more sinister consequences than a stupid bad egg. I would have added code that when an AR/GS code was used, it would totally corrupt the game data, rendering the cart absolutely useless. This would actually increase sales for the company since the cheaters would probably purchase the game again (or a few times) before they realized what had happened.

Something less permanent would be for every time a cheat code was used, a random box in the PC would be wiped out. That would be so funny if someone had a bunch of shiny Pokemon in a box, used a cheat code, and then they all disappeared. Better yet, every time a cheat code was used, the game would automatically reset. I like that idea even better.
    That would be a great idea. It's bad enough hackers ruin there own fun. But when they use hacked Pokemon with other people they need a better punishment.

antiluft

Sporadic Player
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2016
    If I was a GF developer, I would have put much more sinister consequences than a stupid bad egg. I would have added code that when an AR/GS code was used, it would totally corrupt the game data, rendering the cart absolutely useless. This would actually increase sales for the company since the cheaters would probably purchase the game again (or a few times) before they realized what had happened.

Seems like a stupid idea to me. Many people hack the game just for fun, to see what kind of weird crap they can do with/to the game. Your idea would punish people who just want to have innocent fun, which is the reason they bought the game in the first place. Sure, people who hack can potentially spoil aspects of the game for others, but you can't simply do that to everyone who wants to experiment with the game data.

In my opinion, the only way your idea of wiping data like that would be a 'good' thing is if someone tried to trade/migrate hacked Pokemon.

Let people corrupt their own games. After enough hacking, they will ruin it for themselves.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Seems like a stupid idea to me. Many people hack the game just for fun, to see what kind of weird crap they can do with/to the game. Your idea would punish people who just want to have innocent fun, which is the reason they bought the game in the first place. Sure, people who hack can potentially spoil aspects of the game for others, but you can't simply do that to everyone who wants to experiment with the game data.

In my opinion, the only way your idea of wiping data like that would be a 'good' thing is if someone tried to trade/migrate hacked Pokemon.

Let people corrupt their own games. After enough hacking, they will ruin it for themselves.

Hey! there's a difference between hacking and action replay hacking, I think the bad egg is a good punishment.

antiluft

Sporadic Player
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2016
    Hey! there's a difference between hacking and action replay hacking, I think the bad egg is a good punishment.

As do I. Bad eggs are a result of corrupted data, which in turn is a result of an amateur/excessive cheater.

I was referring to his idea to completely wipe the cartridge of all its data as a built-in anti-cheating device.

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008

Honestly, that sounds more like an antipiracy measure. Lots of games will do things like that to people who try and pirate the game.
    This game features an antipiracy measure sorta like that:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmyoV1bkXNI

As for the action replay stuff, sometiems people hack to see funny results. Sometimes they mess with the data on their own to do stuff. Sure, some people abuse hacking (perfect stats, perfect IV's, etc), but most people who do it do it small time (I.e. creating more moonstones in R/S/E, or making eggs hatch faster.) Those aren't really worth corrupting games for. Especially considering that if they start pulling that, they lose profits because a lot of people enjoy cheating and therefore, they'd sell less.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • I think to wipe-out players data just beacuse they are trying to have fun with it in thier own ways would just give them bad advertising, and no one would buy thier games.......

antiluft

Sporadic Player
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2016
    I think to wipe-out players data just beacuse they are trying to have fun with it in thier own ways would just give them bad advertising, and no one would buy thier games.......

Exactly. If someone's game was ruined that way, they probably wouldn't run out to buy another copy of it. More than likely, they would resort to a ROM and emulator instead.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You can rationalize it all you want, but cheating is cheating. I don't think Game Freak factors in consumers that purchase the game just so they can cheat, when forcasting its sales. The percentage of people that wouldn't purchase the game just because they couldn't cheat cannot be too high. That really isn't the topic at hand though. My comment is not only should bad eggs not be illegal, but I would add even stricter penalties for those that attempt to change the very nature of the game. Just feel fortunate that someone like me isn't in charge of QA testing for GF. Heh.

antiluft

Sporadic Player
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2016
    You can rationalize it all you want, but cheating is cheating. I don't think Game Freak factors in consumers that purchase the game just so they can cheat, when forcasting its sales. The percentage of people that wouldn't purchase the game just because they couldn't cheat cannot be too high. That really isn't the topic at hand though. My comment is not only should bad eggs not be illegal, but I would add even stricter penalties for those that attempt to change the very nature of the game.

I never said people wouldn't buy the game simply because they couldn't cheat. I said it would be unlikely for people to buy the same game again. And it ties in perfectly with the topic at hand, since bad eggs are a consequence of cheating. I'm surprised you aren't pushing for a trigger device that bricks peoples' GBAs/DSs.

Back