• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shounen or Shoujo?

Shounen or Shoujo?

• Shounen

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Shoujo

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    While Shoujo tends to be a bit more realistic and the art tends to be prettier, I'm probably gonna have to go with Shounen. Shounen is kick-ass and seems to fit my interests more than Shoujo manga/anime. :3 ... Considering how hopeless-romantic I am nowadays, romance just... bothers me inside. ;-;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'll take shoujo any day. It seems all my favorite shows are shoujo series for whatever reason - it may be the character designs, or the less action-oriented stories, but I get more enjoyment from shoujo series. Actually, I've never really gotten interested in any of the major shounen series, believe it or not. I follow a few but I'm not really passionate about them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I have a very soft spot for shoujo anime. I'm not sure where it came from because I was kind of a tomboy growing up and still have virtually no interest in almost any of the content in shoujo but... I'm still a sucker for it somehow. XD;

Shounen anime tends to be too long and drawn out and repetitive. I just get bored. :/

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Shoujo. The majority of shounen I've seen is mindless action, which I could get on western television if I wanted. There are exceptions, of course, but I still tend to shy away from the genre. Shoujo is usually about something more interesting to me.

StarGirl

sinnoh GF champion,Dawn
    Years
  • I gotta vote shoujo cause I'm a girl too...it is had magic,transformation romance and it is for a girl as for shounen....is not bad ya cause it not contain of lacking action and fighting scene but I gotta choose both shounen and shoujo

Back