• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showcase time! Akari style~

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
  • I thought I'd make a showcase just for fun and to see other peoples opinions on what I can improve on. :P

1. Nero banner; I recently made it~ <3 DMC = love.

2. Haruhi banner; I liked this picture so I thought I'd make it into a banner.

3. Zero banner; made with a tutorial I found.

4. Shana Banner; something I made when I wanted to make a simplified banner.

5. Yuki banner; having fun with a sparkle brush. 8D

6. Mikuru banner; another simplified banner.

7. Another Haruhi banner; Haruhi and the girls make great renders to make banners with. XD

8. Kallen Banner; this was before I started to blend pictures into the background, since I didn't know how.

9. C.C banner; just playing around with green and brushes.

10. Lulu banner; first time using a gradient map, thanks to Uryuu for teaching me. XD;

And that's about it for now~

Arigato and enjoy!

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Omigawwdd... Those colors on the first one look so cool 8D

Yeah, you don't need to improve. XD They're like, perfect. >:

I wish you take requests >:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • :O They dont get any better than that :O

My favorite in this showcase is four...
    I really like your style kinda like how it's well made, it's perfect really in my opinion.

The text on 1,5 and the others is well placed and made[/placed?] and I just like all of it, if I had to make any flaws which is kinda hard for me to spot in this bunch, gosh I just don't know what's bad here, sorry. I guess I wish I could see more borders like 9's on 5's I guess.

All in all, some of the best banners I've seen. These are just perfect.

Incredible and Perfect showcase ;D If you had a shop, i'd be there! O.O

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Hey Akari, why don't you put your Ocean Rider, entry for the SOTW, up there? As I thought that was quite excellent ;D

Once again, great showcase of amazing talent ;D

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I LOVE THEM <3 Akari, you are very, very talented! Banners 4 and 6 are my favorite. They look great and the text goes well with them.

Excellent work, keep it up :D!

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I just died a little inside. I LOVE 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10. Those really stuck out to me.

You're awesome, I just wanna ask you what program are you using?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • You know, it's seeing art like this that really makes me want to get into graphic design. The one that stuck out most to me was number 9, mainly because you barely see any green banners on this forum and the colors you chose are amazing. You should open a shop.

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    OMG IT'S A LULU BANNER!!!!!!!! >D

Yesh Akari-chan, your banners rock, and I mean seriously, they ROCK (Like the Haruhi one). :3

I love to see more Lulu sexiness banners in the future! =D

Vegeta575747

Call Me Noob And I'll PwN YoU
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2008
    Nice banners, good job

A couple can use some better blending but overal nice

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • 2, 4, 5, 6, and 9, are my favorites!! I'm just starting out, so... I suck at that whole tell you how to improve thing. I wish I could make banners like yours!!!

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Wow. So many replies. XD

But thanks for the comments everyone. :D

I was going to open a shop, but I don't really have the time right now, so I might later. :x

BeachBoy; I was going to put the SOTW banner but I guess I'll save that for my next showcase.

Chikara; I use photoshop. :3

Hazuki; I have plenty more Lulu banners then that one. <3

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Ahh so there's going to be another showcase ey? Excellent! Can't wait to see those superb creations ;D

Well if you ever do open a shop (I call first request!)

Well Like I said, perfection in this show case in my eyes, keep up the great work, but yeah I really could never sot a place to improve here, amybe text for the lulu banner? O.o

Vegeta575747

Call Me Noob And I'll PwN YoU
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2008
    Yeah I like you use of grudge brushes, you blend them well and they look very nice

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Wow, your pretty good now BUT NOT AS GOOD AS ME

I remember that Lulu banner xP, and you have come a long way from it. textures, gradient maps, just everything you learnt to do has improved your banners greatly. Your Brushing is probably the best i have ever seen, your better with your brushes than alot of people. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK XD.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Ah, this is a very nice gallery ^^

The effects on most of them are nice, and they're appealing to look at. Very nice usage of brushes as well. Work on colours, though. Some of them are looking a bit too bright. I do like how you can use scan lines so easily, and make it work well with the banners~

Back