• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showering and Bathing

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When taking showers, what kind of soap do you like using--bar, liquid, or foamy? Why do you like that? Which do you usually find yourself using for hand-washing? How often do you wind up shampooing your hair? How long do you keep this things on before washing them off? Do you use conditioner afterwords? What are some of your favorite shampoo and soap brands? What are your favorite scents? How many times do you shower or bathe per day? Could you ever pass a day without them? If no, why not?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I use small amounts of shampoo and condition every morning to wash my hair. I don't use too much because apparently it's important not to wash too much of your hair's natural oil. (Help keep pathogens out!!) As for soap, I use two soaps, both bar. One I use for my body (arms, legs etc.) and the other I use for my face to get rid of the little acne I do have. It works too which is a huge plus. In as little as a few days my skin began to clear. It's cheap too, none of that really expensive creams, scrubs etc that don't work. :D

Years
  • I shower almost every night before bed. If I shower in the morning, my hair will be super poofy and everywhere no matter what I do. I use both shampoo and conditioner, and I don't leave them in too long before washing them out because I don't want to waste water or time waiting. I use bar soap to wash my body as I find it works best for me. If I miss a day of shower, I feel kind of gross but it's not too bad. Missing two days is unacceptable for me, though!

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Just had a shower. Since you're all fascinated by this, I'm sure you'll all LOVE to hear how I shower. ^_^ I shower at the very least every 2 days. Sometimes daily if I have to be exceptionally FRESH.

First of all I run the warm water and do my business in another part of the bathroom while it reaches optimal temperature. (I typed treasure before, but that's because every shower is a treasure to me.)

Then I get into the shower and rinse myself.

Then I put shampoo in my hair, rinsing the rest of my body for 1-2 minutes, then rinsing the shampoo out. (I currently use Aussie Frizz Ease if you wish to copy my excellent shower technique.)

I then add conditioner to my hair, and in the meantime, I apply whatever body wash is in the bathroom to the rest of my body, rinse that off, and then rinse the conditioner out. Once every 2-3 times, I will use some DEEP CLEANSING FACIAL SCRUB which I am yet to pass judgement on yet; only supposed to use it once every 5-7 days. We'll see how it goes.

Then I wash the conditioner out of my hair and enjoy the warmth of the shower for an additional 1-5 minutes depending on how hurried I am. Since I'm going to work today but have some time left, I spent about 2-3 minutes revelling in the warmth of the shower.

You are all enlightened. You are all very welcome.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Okay I'm just going to run down the entire list of like getting ready to go somewhere where I actually care about being nice and clean and all that so here it goes.

These are the products that I use:

Showering and Bathing

Usually the first thing I do when I get in the shower is wash my hair. I use Head & Shoulders Men Full & Thick because I feel like my hair is thinnin and I'm overly paranoid about having thinning hair at an early age, and that always gives me really great results. After that I wash my body and I just use Old Spice Swagger body wash. After I get done washing my body, I wash my face with Axe Chilled cooling face wash. While that's resting, I shampoo my hair one more time and then rise off my head all together. When I'm done, I step out of the shower and brush my teeth. I use Crest 3D White Radiant Mint. Brush that, then I usually use mouthwash but I don't have any 'cause I ran out. I use the same kind of mouthwash that I use toothpaste, though.

If I have to shave which is very rare I use Dove Men care shave gel and get that all done.

I give my hair some time to dry and then I use L'Oreal Out of Bed Texturizer to style my hair whatever way I want, which is usually just rubbing the top of my head until it looks impressively messy. When it's how I want it, I spray it with L'Oreal mega hold hairspray and it stays in place. Then I put on my deodorant, Degree men sport. I actually get a lot of compliments with this + the Old Spice Swagger body wash.

Before I step out I usually spray myself with a tiny bit of Axe Music spray deodorant (which also has a nice combination of scent with Swagger) on my chest and slap some chapstick on and then I'm done ta-da!!

If you want to smell like me then you should get these products because then you'll smell like me and I get a lot of compliments when I smell good for smelling good tehehehe
    Showering and Bathing

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I try to take showers daily. Sometimes I'll go every other day if I had to barrel out of the house and had a long day at work. Any more than a day skipped and I feel like a total slob.

I'll wash my hair every other day with both shampoo and conditioner. Then I'll attack myself with a razor (AKA shave everything) and use some acne solution on my face while I'm at it. Then I'll grab my shower brush, put a bit of body wash on it, and get my back, arms and legs. After that I'm kinda done. Post-shower is its own story. All in all everything takes about 30-50 minutes to get out of the bathroom...

I am circulating between different kinds of shampoo/conditioner, but for body wash stuff I usually like to use Bodycology.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • You guys know that when you wash your hair every day it gets greasy extremely fast once you go without washing it for like 2 days, don't you? I know that from my mother, who happens to be a professional hair stylist, mind you.

As for me, I probably wash my body every night, or something, but I always go at least 4 days without washing my hair. And yes, it looks clean as ♥♥♥♥.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I buy whatever's cheap. It usually ends up being Suave 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner and then Irish Spring or Suave body wash. I have to wash my hair every single day or else it gets greasy and gross and I can't deal with that.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I use liquid soap. It's usually Japanese Cherry Blossom. XD I love the smell of that stuff, so I always use it the most. <3 I guess I like it because it's just easier for me. I use one of those poofy things with it as well. As for hand-washing stuff, it depends on what I get my hands on, but it's usually liquid soap. It feels nicer on my hands. I log the scent of either Secret Wonderland or Japanese Cherry Blossom as well. Secret Wonderland reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. <3

As for shampoo, I wash with head and shoulders scalp care (I have an itchy dry scalp) and finish off with garnia fructis to make my hair feel soft and shiny. It's actually some stuff that helps damaged hair or something. I don't really well... use deodorant. heh. Not because I don't want to, but it's more because I forget to put it on after a shower. >< Also, I don't like to shower every single day... per se. I shower when I NEED to. I prefer it this way because it's very easy and seems more effective. I'm not active enough so that I need one every day either. Once my hair gets just a teensy bit greasy, I take a shower. That's usually my cue right there.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I shower two to three times a day, depending on how many times I work out. Since there's usually one practice session in the morning, an hour break, and then another session in the afternoon, I take a shower after each, and sometimes a third before I go to bed. That feeling you get from being outside all day while its extremely humid is usually the reason for that third time, haha. Use shampoo and conditioner, which I need to do, because otherwise my hair will become coarse, thick, and annoying.

Back