• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showers

Years
  • My family always gets mad because I take so long in the shower. I take about half an hour. It got me wondering, how long do you guys spend in the shower? Do you like them? Do you have it hot, or test how your body would go in the next ice age? Also, do you have them in the night or in the mornings?

(If you have freezing cold showers on a daily basis, please explain why, because I cannot understand that.)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I can take maybe 30 minutes? I wash my hair three times, and the rest of me twice - once with soap and once with body wash. Super hot, steam producing, shower.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I take shower of max 20 minutes, I enjoy it a lot but I don't stay too long in showers

Years
  • I'll take about 10-15 minutes in the shower, and I always have warm showers. Even if it's scorching hot out, I'll still take warm showers, cause cold water just is not my friend.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I say I won't take long but I always do. It's just...once I'm in there, I'm in there haha. Especially in the mornings in Winter when its just so warm you don't want to leave. Mine usually last 20 min, but I'm usually in the bathroom for around 45. I need them steamy hot, something I don't always get because my sister hogs the hot water!!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Love showers but I take too long sometimes. I'm trying to cut it down to 15 minutes!! And I try to watch the heat as well, the hotter you shower the hotter you need it every time so I'm trying to get used to lukewarm water. But it's hard in the winter haha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't like showers. I know I'm the exception to this and I can't really pinpoint why but I'm always whining about having to shower. I go as fast as possible and sometimes listen to music to make it less annoying.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I reason with showering, personally. Unemployed Alex at home never showers, but with obligation he's always showering, sometimes twice in a day. I love smelling nice but I'm not going to waste time smelling good just for myself if I don't have any plans... and I don't do things without some sort of warning. Sorry nonexistent outgoing friends that like to invite me to things on a whim.

pkmin3033

I bathe in the winter months, because getting out of a hot shower is somehow more jarring than getting out of a hot bath...probably because the water cools down the longer I spend in there. Plus it's more relaxing, completely immersing yourself in water.

But when I do shower instead, I'm typically in and out within ten minutes; it's more to freshen up than it is to relax. Always in the evening. I have too much to do in the mornings to spare the time to shower or bathe...unless the night before had me sticking to my bed. Then I make an exception. Usually at about 5am before I'm supposed to be up.

It has to be beyond hot for me to have a cold shower. I always have it as hot as I can stand it...which is fairly hot, once my hands and feet adjust to it. I have extremely poor circulation, so even tepid water hurts like hell and turns my skin red almost instantly...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • It depends on what I have going on. Would I like to sit in the shower for 45 minutes every morning when I wake up and feel the warmth rain down on me? Of course I would. Do I always have time for that? No. I usually end up taking like 3 minute showers. Turn on the water, get in, rinse hair as the water gets warmer, shampoo the scalp, start soaping up my body as the water gets to the temperature of holy **** when did my showerhead turn into the portal to hades, and then I rinse off as I start to get used to it and then I'm done. Most of the time. If I have time though I'll sit there and fiddle with the knobs and all that until it's the perfect temperature and then I get in and it feels like jesus.

Years
  • I don't like showers. I know I'm the exception to this and I can't really pinpoint why but I'm always whining about having to shower.

Pretty much me. I don't wash my hair every day so on days when I don't I only take about five minutes.. otherwise it's 15-20 minutes and no more.

But there are times when I go in the shower and don't want to come out. :( Usually in winters since it's so cold outside the shower, wuh.

Years
  • I love warm showers. I usually take around 30 - 40 minutes to shower in the morning before I feel I should probably stop wasting water. x:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I actually don't take that long. o.o It's probably because I'm not all that great with hygiene, even though I do everything I know. *shrug* It's funny because I really don't see how people can take such long showers either. It's a total mystery to me. I can get in, wash up my hair & body and get out in a matter of minutes.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Depends on if I'm in a hurry and if I'm planning to go out. If it's a shower to just make myself feel clean, I'll take a good 15 - 20 minutes or so. If I have to go out in 10 mins? I speedrun it and do it in 3.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • If it's cold outside, I dislike showers because I'm always freezing when I step out. If it's summer, I like them more.
    It takes me about 10-15 minutes with warm water. I used to do burning hot water but realized its what makes me itch when I get out .__.

Years
  • I'll usually take about 10 to 15 minutes in the shower, on average. Definitely warm water here, on the hotter end of warm - no cold water here unless it's a really hot summer day. Also can't get the water too much hotter than that for long because then my tiny hot water heater depletes even faster (the 10 to 15 is basically the amount of time before I'm suddenly showering in cold water. Brr).

And I'll take my showers in the morning. Seems like the best way to go about it, especially if I'm going out somewhere.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I love showers, hot and cold. I tend to take hotter showers the more physical pain I'm in, and colder shows the more emotional my pain is. I don't know why, that's how I've been for years. Hot showers soothe my outsides, cold showers soothe my insides. I can take 2 minute showers or 45 minute showers but there's rarely an in between, and it's more frequently the latter than not. x3 Also, I adore baths. Ugh.

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    Half an hour...on a good day. Largely because I shave in the shower and in the end it's what puts me at ease by the end of the day.

Back