• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showers

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Showers with shampoo take about 20 minutes. Showers without shampoo take about 15.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    10 minutes. Its too cold to allow for anything more, okay maybe 15 if I stay under the water to stay warm.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2017
    I love showers! I take two showers everyday -- one in the morning and another later at night -- and sometimes more if I went to a dusty place or get real sweaty. I always feel icky whenever I don't get my morning shower. .-.

My showers are usually somewhat warm, but occasionally I like to have them colder. It just feels so good! I take way too long with them (20-30 minutes) though, mostly because my mind tends to wander when I'm under the shower. I like to plan my day and think up ideas while I'm in the shower. More than once I ended up being late to class because of it. >~<

I have a friend who showers maybe once or twice a week, and it just baffles me how he can live like that!

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
  • I vary so much. I freaking love showers, and I like them hot. Ideally I would like to sit in there for half an hour or so, as for some reason I do a lot of deep thinking while showering.

Alas, constraints usually make that impossible. Since I shower in the morning and need to get going, and want to be courteous to my housemates, plus financial reasons, I usually only take 5-10 minutes. I do shave in the shower, though, so every few days I'll add a few minutes for that.

And every once in a while, usually on a weekend when I don't work, when I have nothing going on and I just feel like relaxing, I'll treat myself and take my half hour luxury shower, and it is glorious.

As an aside, would anyone get a Seinfeld Kramer reference if I were to make one?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've never really been one of those people who could just stand in the shower and think about things or anything lol. The second I step in the shower I start scrubbing and don't stop until I'm about to turn off the faucet. There's nothing to do except get clean... I'd much rather be doing something outside of the bathroom than just standing under water, lol.

That said, I can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes in the shower, depending on if I wash my hair or not. I wax much more often than I shave now too so that's really cut back on my shower time, thankfully. I actually spend as much time doing post-shower bathroom stuff than I do in the shower - cleaning out my ears, cleaning my earrings to put back in my ears, spraying my hair with leave-in and combing it, moisturizing, deodorant, etccc etccc.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • I take 5 minutes in the shower generally, if I have to wash my hair I take at least 20 minutes (I have a lot of hair to wash, sometimes 30 minutes!), and if I decide to shave my legs and whatnot (I like to do that in the shower)... then at least 40 minutes, or longer.

guitarhero01234

Coke Chugger
    Years
  • I'm really, really weird when it comes to showers. If it's night, I almost always shower in complete darkness (which isn't very good in my current residence, since the switch that turns fan on also turns on a light). I pretty much turn the water so hot it comes close to scalding me, and I sometimes just lay down in the bathtub when showering.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The best way I can describe the temperature at which I have a shower is "tepid". I don't really like SUPER hot showers, I don't get how people are comfortable in those. That said, I do enjoy showers. I only usually take between 5-10 minutes, but the worst part is getting out.

Whenever I build a house I'm building a shower that's at the other end of a sauna, which links to my bedroom, with a machine that dresses me...

Years
  • I usually tend to spend 10-15 minutes in the shower, mainly because my hair has this weird tendency to often go all messy and dry into a bird's nest state, meaning I have to have showers regularly. I still find showers fun despite my fear of hot water.

Years
  • Showers make me feel good, so I take about half an hour or so.
    It's actually water in general that makes me feel good but showers do the job better.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I shower for less than 10 minutes, because I want to converse water resources. I also try to keep the temperature warm to keep me feel comfortable.

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • Ideally I'd have a shower for 30 minutes.
    Unfortunately despite asking maintenance to investigate properly several times, my shower remains broken. I only get about 7 minutes out of it until it turns off. :c

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
    Years
  • I do not take showers, only baths

I can be in there from anywhere to 15-30 minutes usually.

I also love to sometimes sing in the bath. lol

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I can do a 5 minute shower if I try or if I'm rushing.

In most cases I'll hit the 20 mark because I stand in the shower for 10 minutes since the water is just so nice and warm and I don't want to leave.

Years
  • My showers typically range between 5-15 minutes, depending on how rushing I am. Most times, they're either 9 or 10 minutes, but sometimes longer depending on how long my hair is. Since I have thick hair, it can take as much as 5-7 minutes alone just to wash my hair once. However, when it comes to washing the rest of myself, that usually only takes about 2-3 minutes.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • My morning shower is usually 20-30 minutes. That's coz I gotta wash my hair and all that shit. Like, I seriously am washing myself the entire time I'm the shower, there is no time for standing around doing noting LOL. If I really needed to be quick, I could probably take 15 minutes, but that would be pushing it.

My night showers are a different story tho, I'm honestly no longer than 5 mins. I just wash my face and body and get out.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Ten minutes maybe, even though the water pressure at my place is like someone lightly crying on you.

I donnu how some of you people are taking mad 30+ minute showers, like do you guys just kinda stand there or what's the deal? My roommate'll take hour long showers and I just donnu if I should check on him or not.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I wash my hair on alternate days, so it varies. I take roughly 20 - 30 minutes if I'm washing my hair and around 10 if I'm not. I love just standing under the warm water and relaxing - that's the main reason for me taking so long.

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Years
  • On weekend mornings I usually wake up on 4.30 to do my morning prayers. After that's over with, I head over to the bathroom, sit on the toilet, twist the showerhead around just so, and just let the warm water pelt me. It's incredibly relaxing, and I do a lot of self-reflection and just think a lot about anything that comes to mind. Sometimes I fall asleep and wake up two hours later and then I think about all the water-less african children and I have to deal with the guilt sigh

Any other time though I shower maybe 4-5 minutes? My school closes its gates on 6:30 and I live on the other side of the city (plus Jakarta's traffic is one of the world's worst) so I shower at the speed of light (and still end up late sometimes).

Back