• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showing an image in a window

Years
  • This is not for essentials, just for standard XP

I have a window created with the text I want, and I'm trying to show an image located in the pictures folder, but am unsure how to do this.
    Also, how would I go about making text multi-lined? Mainly the description text

Code:
    class Window_Realms < Window_Base
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # * Object Initialization
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      def initialize
        @index = []
        super(0, 0, 440, 480)
        self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
        refresh
      end

def setIndex(i)
        @index = i
        refresh
      end

def refresh
          self.contents.dispose
          self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)

if @index.size == 7
            name = ($game_variables[@index[5]] > 0) ? @index[0] : "???"
            desc = ($game_variables[@index[5]] > 0) ? @index[1] : "???"
            complete = ($game_variables[@index[5]] == 0) ? "???" : ($game_variables[@index[5]] == 2) ? "Complete" : "Incomplete"

self.contents.draw_text(10, 10, 450, 32, "Name: #{name} - #{complete}")
            self.contents.draw_text(10, 40, 450, 32, "Description:")
            self.contents.draw_text(10, 70, 450, 32, desc)

# Show image at 10, 100
          end
      end
    end

Last edited:

JulyArt

New Developer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2021
    Code:
    #Name
    self.content.bitmap = Bitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/PICNAMEHERE")

#Multi-line option 1
    self.contents.draw_text(10, 10, 450, 32, "Name: #{name} - #{complete}\\nDescription")  #\\n creates new line

#Multi-line option 2
    self.contents.draw_text(10, 10, 450, 32, "Name: #{name} - #{complete}    #this is equivalent to \\n
    description")

#Consider using 'sprites' and 'viewports', as they already have quite a few methods on them.
    VARIABLE = Sprite.new  #Variable is now a 'Sprite' class, and can use sprite methods
    VARIABLE.bitmap = Bitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/PICNAMEHERE")

Last edited:
    Back