• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shows that had a long good run

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
Years
  • There are a lot of TV series that begin so good, but decline in quality somewhere along the line as it goes on. It's almost inevitable- costs cuts happen, beloved cast members can leave, story material runs out. This thread is not about the shows that disappointed us though, but those special ones that still held their own over time, a feat that isn't easy.

Share a long-running show that you pretty consistently enjoyed. I think each of the 7 seasons in the outer limits revival delivered. There were a handful of episodes here and there that were weak, namely the ones that relied on excerpts I thought were lazy, but out of the 150+ episodes I would say around 90% of the Outer Limits was awesome. I remember Supernatural was solid for several seasons too. Now I haven't seen all 15 of the seasons yet as the only disclaimer, but as far as watched to it was still a good series I could sink my teeth into.

What are some series that you think had both a long and rewarding life span?

Years
    • Seen today
    Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul were both a connected franchise with a combined 11 seasons, and never had a drop in quality. Seemed to be quite the opposite. The longer they went, the stronger and stronger the plot and material became.

Years
  • The first show that comes to mind for me is Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I enjoyed it all the through. There was great character progression, and some incredible storylines that are still very much relevant today. I could happily re-watch it again anytime.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy was also consistently high quality. Even though the final season couldn't quite match the previous ones, there were still some absolutely amazing episodes and specials.

Back