• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Shows you can't believe are real

Years
  • I think we could definitely shelve 99% of reality TV in there, as I think the 'hook' is finding the most ridiclous premise so people watch it out of curiosity if nothing else.

One show I was really surprised made it public, I can't remember the name unfortunately, but it was essentially a show where people essentially dubbed as 'different' for existing conditions (physical and mental) were in the dating world and I was just so shocked that it was almost showcased in a way that it seemed to be either mocking them for it or missed the mark on trying to make it look 'normal'.

Years
    • Seen today
    Mr Meaty is the most bizarre show that I have ever seen.

Spoiler:

It feels like a fever dream.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Xavier: Renegade Angel is...strange, to put it lightly. The tacky 3D animation that resembles older games and the general absurdity and humor of it make XRA an experience unlike almost any other. It's so absurd that when a character does or says anything remotely reasonable, it throws me off. The dialogue of this show is something else, too, and I wish I knew how the voice actors went through their lines without laughing, stuttering, or slipping up in every single take, especially Xavier's. I can see opinions on this show being extremely divided because of how nonsensical it is.

Speaking of shows on Adult Swim, Smiling Friends also doesn't feel that real to me. I love that it exists and it's really good, but it feels weird that a pitch made by Internet funnymen was actually greenlit for a TV show and didn't turn out to be awful (cough Annoying Orange cough).

Years
    • Age 20
    • He/they
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    Adult Swim once had a show called "Assy McGee". As the title implies, it's about a talking pair of buttocks on legs who fights crime.

Unsurprisingly, Adult Swim doesn't really want to remember it.

Back