• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shows you watched when you were little

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • We talked about this at school. Great fun topic. XD

What the title is basically. What were your favorite shows as a little kid, and what did you like about them?

My first favorites were Barney and Thomas the Tank Engine. XD It took me a while to figure out Barney was a dinosaur though. It always came across as a bear to me. Thomas the Tank Engine... oh man I was the biggest fan of that thing when I was little. My parents got me a whole table of Thomas the Tank Engine train sets and railroads and I used to be playing with them all day. <333

Omfg Teletubbies I forgot about them. Those walking ... things with TVs on their stomachs... THEY ARE SO AWESOME MAN. I remember the baby for the sun, and the little microphone thing that pops out of the ground. Omg so cool.

During that time I also enjoyed Arthur and the classic Blue's Clues, haha. Once again, I did not know Arthur was an aardvark (came across to me as a bear too lol). Yeah, big fan. Blue's Clues was a big fave of mine too. It totally got me talking to the TV most of the time. I like finding clues. :U

and and and

I'll be totally honest here... I was a big fan of the Powerpuff Girls. DDDDDD; That show was so flippin awesome man. They tried to fight that green monkey... uhhh Mojo Jojo XDDD. Oh my god I remember that show so clearly... Sugar, spice, everything nice. <333 I would've died for that show. K, not really but you get my point.

Scooby Doo. I LOVE that show, and it's still sort of a favorite now. haha.

Just a fun little topic, hmmm? Don't be shy, XD. Someone please post so I don't regret this

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • The original few seasons of pokemon, and all the classic Cartoon Network shows liekCourage the Cowardly Dog etc.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I luuurrrved Bobby's World and Earthworm Jim, and I can't find them ANYWHERE now. Remember One Saturday Morning, with Pepper Ann and Recess and Doug? That theme song brings tears to my eyes. Nothing like being a 90's kid.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Pokemon, Jerry Springer, Maury, Blues Clues, (still watch them as an almost adult) and other shows that came on Nickolodeon when I was little, I can't remember the names off the top of my head

:t354:TG

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • Long List, brace yourself.. lol
    - Rugrats
    - Rocko's Modern Life
    - Ren & Stimpy
    - Doug
    - Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
    - The Angry Beavers
    - CatDog
    - Hey! Arnold
    - Inspector Gadget
    - Rocket Power
    - The Wild Thornberrys
    - As Told By Ginger
    - Kablam!
    - Invader Zim
    - Pete & Pete
    - Are You Afraid of the Dark?
    - Clarissa Explains it All
    - The Secret World of Alex Mack
    - Kenen & Kel
    - Figure It Out
    - Legends of the Hidden Temple
    - What Would You Do?
    - All That
    - The Powerpuff Girls
    - Dexter's Laboratory
    - Courage the Cowardly Dog
    - Johnny Bravo
    - Cow & Chicken
    - Ed, Edd, & Eddy
    - Samurai Jack
    - Pokemon
    - Animaniacs
    - Pinky and the Brain
    - Digimon
    - Batman
    - Power Rangers
    - Static Shock
    - Teen Titans
    - X-Men:Evolution
    - Monster Rancher
    - Scooby-Doo
    - Looney Toons
    - Woody Woodpecker
    - Darkwing Duck
    - The Mighty Ducks
    - Freakazoid
    - Bonkers
    - Gargoyles
    - Chip N Dale

Yeah.. I grew up on a lot of stuff.. lol

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I watched Thomas the Tank Engine, Barney, and idk... I remember watching Tale Spin the most from my childhood. lol!

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
  • -Blues Clues
    -009 (i doubt anyone remebers it)
    -kirby
    -sonic
    -Classic Yu-Gi-oh
    -classic pokemon
    -powerpuffgirls
    -sammuri jack
    -dragonball GT

THese were my fav's. I actualy still enjoy watching some of them.

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
  • oh, geesh, i have a ton...

always liked powerpuff girls... and dexter's lab.

and oh yeah, scooby doo, johnny bravo, courage the cowardly dog, batman TAS (the animated series) had some of the best shows EVER... like the ep "The Underdwellers"... i think one of the eps even won an award of some kind...

season 1 of pokemon was pure win. some of those eps were bleepin' BEAUTIFUL!

oh, and ANIMANIACS!!!! BEST SHOW EVER!!!!! i know the whole theme song by heart~<3 and i remember some of those eps SOOOO clearly...

aww, now i wish i had cable and the good old days of cartoons back...

Years
  • Ahh, the good old days. I remember watching the awesomest shows ever when I was a kid [at least, they were awesome in my opinion]:

• Dragon Tales
    • Zaboomafoo
    • Reading Rainbow
    • The Magic School Bus
    • Bill Nye: The Science Guy
    • Scooby Doo
    • Powerpuff Girls
    • Rugrats
    • As Told By Ginger
    • Dexter's Laboratory

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The list is so long so I will only list those that I havent seen in some time.

Lamb Chops
    Bananas in Pajamas
    Bobby's World
    Fraggle Rock
    Eurekas Castle
    Mr. Rogers Neighborhood (shivers)

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • Power Rangers. Best TV show ever. I also watched Digimon, and those shows pretty much made up what I watched as a child.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Batman, Barney, Power Rangers, Goosebumps, Pokemon, Digimon, Hey! Arnold, and a bunch of French cartoons that I cannot remember the title of lol. Like Heidi_Moose too, Monster Rancher! Completely forgot about that, gonna have to look it up to reminisce about it. :P

Just remembered a few other non-cartoon/kid ones too, like Charmed and The Pretender, thanks to The Pretender's username lol. :P

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh geez, where to start:

Batman, Pokemon, Power Rangers, Totally Spies (hey, it was Vietnam, and they only showed one cartoon....), Anne of Green Gables (<3), Future Boy Conan, and a ton more I can't remember.

I spent the majority of my childhood in Vietnam, so shows I watch might be different than what others watch. These are the ones I can remember that Westerners might be familiar with.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    where do i begin....

-rugrats
    -babar
    -anamaniacs
    -bananas in pajamas
    -big comfy couch
    -polka dot shorts [or polkaroo]
    -arthur
    -pokemon
    -digimon
    -uh-oh
    -all that
    -blues clues
    -powerpuff girls
    -sailor moon
    -lamb chops
    -the magic school bus
    -zaboomafoo
    -jimmy neutron
    -dexter's laboratory
    -pinky and the brain
    -doug
    -hey arnold
    -catdog
    -goosebumps

....that's just a few. x]

Rehab Doll

srs bzns
    Years
  • When I was a kid I used to watch: Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, Kenan & Kel, Pokemon, Invader Zim. That's all I can think of of at the moment.

Back