• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

NixChill

Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
Years
  • Anyone else here watch Futurama?
    Who's your favourite character? Do you have a favourite episode?

Discuss all things Futurama here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • This thread is about a TV show and therefore belongs in Culture & Media, so I'm going to move it there. Before I do, though, I'm going to edit your post a little so that it creates a little more discussion. Just asking if someone watches it only really gets yes or no answers.

outfox

in
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2013
    Futurama's in my top 5 for sure (as are about 13 other shows, but for the sake of the thread). Commence preparations to quote:

"People used to think I was dumb, but today I proved them!" I love everything Fry says.

"It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

"Now all the planets are gonna be cracking wise about our mommas..."
    "I'm just glad my fat ugly momma ain't alive to see this day..."
    "Enough about your promiscuous mother, Hermes."

"No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!" also love everything Farnsworth says.

also relevant:

(5:28 to skip past the bs and begin the narration.) So magical to see these guys at work!

pleb

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    Bender and Zoiderg are the greatest characters on the show. Also watched How Hermies requestioned his groove back today.

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
  • Did they have to start using the Futurama memes in promos? I lost some of my respect for them after that. And did you see the Comedy Central youtube channel on one of those days? They uploaded some 20 10 second videos with Fry reading off some of those memes. That's it.

You can imagine that once certain sites got a hold of this they all got a boatload of dislikes, especially that reddit one... I disliked a couple too. The memes are fine, but when executed horribly, I ****ing hate it, and especially when it's abused like it's funny, by a youtube channel for COMEDY central.

Ending that rant, Futurama is awesome. Infinitely better than Family Guy. "REMINDS ME OF THAT TIME WHEN I" times 50 is every episode of Family Guy ever. Well, if I remember correctly, in the first season and maybe a few after they did this as an excuse for inserting random comedy a LOT less, then the show was better. Now it's just... I dislike it. They are aware of it too, and "made fun of themselves" in one episode, but executed it poorly... It was just stupid IMO. I like Futurama's humor much better.

I sincerely hope none of those memes start showing up in the show itself...

outfox

in
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2013
    Yeh, after season 4 (or 5? I can't remember) it became a little hard to watch. The delivery has become too forced. I'm not really familiar with the memes though, I don't pay much attention to what goes on in the e-world. Despite the falling standards there are always multiple instances in each episode that make me burst into laughter, so in my mind it's still a show worth quoting.

"And so I said, 'supercollider?' I hardly know 'er!'"

Back