• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I just wanted to mention that the manga (or at least the American Release) was much more "grown up" then the anime was.
    There's more than one comic so Pokémon Special shouldn't be called "the manga".
    Yes it probably is supposed to be repetitive, but is that a good thing?
    In this case it is.
    Ash is the only character that is really an established character(again save brock).
    Team Rocket seems to be more established than Takeshi (Brock).

Years
    I loved Ash at first, but during Johto I started to get bored of him and eventually I stopped watching.

I think re-booting the show completley would be a great idea, though I won't deny I'd miss Pikachu alot. (the Pikachu on the show really is its own character)

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    tbh I'd be more pleased and satisfied if they got rid of pikachu. just evolve it for hell sake!!

ash does annoy me though, with how he just thinks he's the best in the world when he's not. big deal. I've beat the elite four about 50 times now on the game and what? he's beat it once and only once. boring.

if there was a better, older and more cooler person than ash then that would satisfy me. especially if they had an EVOLVED pokemon by their side.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    tbh I'd be more pleased and satisfied if they got rid of pikachu. just evolve it for hell sake!!
    You mean get rid of the face of the frachise?
    ash does annoy me though, with how he just thinks he's the best in the world when he's not. big deal.
    The last time he acted like that on a consistant basis is Kanto, maybe Johto.
    I've beat the elite four about 50 times now on the game and what?
    There are different battling systems.
    he's beat it once and only once. boring.
    He has never defeated the Elite Four.
    if there was a better, older and more cooler person than ash then that would satisfy me. especially if they had an EVOLVED pokemon by their side.
    Spoiler:

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    you know what'd be cool? start a new series, but make it more focused twords teenagers and young adults. idk what'd be in it, but i think its a great idea

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Batman_Symbol, it's a kids franchise a will always be one.

that or just evolve it. pikachu is bland, boring and overrated. I'd rather it evolve than leave. but rather have it leave than stay.

You do realize that would be a bad move correct?

Last edited:

Bulletproof

Years
    You do realize that would be a bad move correct?
    incorrect.

if it was evolved, lots of people into the action of the show would pay more attention. infact, it would probably get more viewers that way becuase it would seem less babyish.

if they keep pikachu, pass me a bucket quick.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I was talking about the show Twilight.

incorrect.
    if it was evolved, lots of people into the action of the show would pay more attention. infact, it would probably get more viewers that way becuase it would seem less babyish.if they keep pikachu, pass me a bucket quick.

Less babyish? It be viewed the same way regardless of what he had. Satoshi had Charizard at one point and it was still viewed as a kiddy show.

Bulletproof

Years
    I was talking about the show Twilight.

Less babyish? It be viewed the same way regardless of what he had. Satoshi had Charizard at one point and it was still viewed as a kiddy show.
    but behind all of the kiddish stuff is pikachu. it's not the charizard, or anything else. it's pikachu.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    You said they need to cancel the show though. The show is their biggest advertisement. Why cancel it?

but behind all of the kiddish stuff is pikachu. it's not the charizard, or anything else. it's pikachu.

Pikachu isn't what makes the show for children nor will a Raichu make it it anything more than a show for children.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    If Ash were to be gone from the animie, it's only suitable that he would:

1.) Get crushed by a chandelier, only without the out-of-body experience. Or the revival.

2.) Get turned to stone by Porygon-Z.

3.) Beat Kanto's Elite 4, and then fade into history.

4.) Become corrupted and be the leader of his own evil organization.

5.) Visit every region and still fail to beat the Elite 4, and then fade into history.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    that or just evolve it. pikachu is bland, boring and overrated. I'd rather it evolve than leave. but rather have it leave than stay.

Please tell me how it makes sense to get rid of not only the most popular Pokemon and most recognized by the average person, but also the offiical mascot of the franchise/

you know what'd be cool? start a new series, but make it more focused twords teenagers and young adults. idk what'd be in it, but i think its a great idea
    The anime isn't for teens or adults. It's for kids. The entire franchise is for kids. If you can't appreciate it for what it is, I'd suggest you move on. And I'm in my 20s and appreciate it for what it is. A simplistic show. Unlike many here, I don't want to turn Pokemon into my personal fan fic.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    I always thought that ash was a little butthole but that is just his character, I wish they put Misty back these new chicks suck and have no moxy like Misty does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back