• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kabigon

My body is always ready.
Years
  • I really just wish they would do SOMETHING to the anime to make it good like the 1st season. My goodness what happened to those times? Why must they make it so repetitive? The pokemon anime has become a pitiful shell of its former self.

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Ok my personal opinion on this is that they need to make a change. Make the series more epic, for instance in the next series they can make it so that it is Ash's son as the main character. It would start off at Ash beating the Final Elite Four member of Sinnoh and shows him there with a narrator explaining pokemon and then the screen starts to zoom out and his son is waking up to that. Well thats what i think, that or something like it.

blootooby

YouTube account: blootooby10
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2009
    Guys! You know that they got a new actor for him, right?

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Guys! You know that they got a new actor for him, right?

yeah that voice actor is horrible, like really bad.... at least i think so. The best voice overs was from the first season and after that. This time around its awful... same with the other voice over actors. they should have seriously kept the originals.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    In my opion they should continue the storyline with Gold (Jimmy) and his adventures with his Typhlosion. I remembered I liked it so much better than the whole series even though it was only three episodes, lol.

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    In my opion they should continue the storyline with Gold (Jimmy) and his adventures with his Typhlosion. I remembered I liked it so much better than the whole series even though it was only three episodes, lol.

Yeah the chronicle episodes were awesome much better than Ash & Co. but meh they probably wouldnt do that, most they would do is make Ash 2nd bananer (lol bananer). I wish nintendo would pay more attention to the fans....

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • The content of the anime should eclipse the people who voice the content, IMO. I don't get why people give the voice actors a lot of flak; so what? As long as it's in English, I could care less if a chicken voiced Ash. (Though a chicken who spoke fluent English would be hard to find. :#)

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'm not really sick of Ash just yet, but I'm sick of him going around in the same storyline.
    Either they change the storyline, or I stop watching.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Personally, i'm not that bothered by Ash still being the main character. I actually think he should be the main character for several more years. If he gets replaced then my interest in the anime will slowly die (Unless the new character is somehow better.).

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Nah. I like Ash, why the heck would anyone want to replace him?

And no offense to anyone, but I didn't like Pokemon Chronicles. The epsiodes without Jimmy and Brock and Misty, at least. They were just....boooooring. :/ The theme song for that series wasn't exactly awesome either.

Years
  • I'm surprised at the amount of attention this thread has received after I posted it this morning and at how many mixed opinions I have read.

Ok my personal opinion on this is that they need to make a change. Make the series more epic, for instance in the next series they can make it so that it is Ash's son as the main character. It would start off at Ash beating the Final Elite Four member of Sinnoh and shows him there with a narrator explaining pokemon and then the screen starts to zoom out and his son is waking up to that. Well thats what i think, that or something like it.

SINA, I really like your suggestion. Making it more epic would really get the series back on track + more exciting.

Gosh, the Pokemon Chronicles need to return. :D

Like previous comments say, the routine they feed us is getting stale. Not to mention, Ash does seem more annoying in the show. I wouldn't mind getting a new main character, because Ash has had his time on the anime to show us what he could do. The begining was fasciniating, but then as time went on, no one really cared what he did. I say, once Ash finally wins a Pokemon League, another hero should appear.

Ah yes, I really liked the Pokemon Chronicles (Housou). I used to remember being excited when they were on air.
    I agree, the routine is getting stale, VERY stale: They go somewhere, they meet someone facing challenges, they overcome these challenges through battling, Team Rocket tries to interfere, they all live happily ever after, THE END, next episode...
    I don't think he's ever going to be a Pokemon Master at this rate...

Last edited:

whale

A bullet of integrity
    Years
  • I think it would be amazing if they actually made him mature and you know GROW UP.
    I've been with the show since I was ten (17 now) and he still has the same voice if not even more feminine.
    I'm sure if they let him catch a bit more Pokemon maybe even stray back to the old episodes,
    like where ash caught Krabby (that episode just sticks with me and is filled with nostalgia) they would see an increase in viewers sixfold.

...And they need to let Brock actually get a girl, that's bugging me too.

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I'm surprised at the amount of attention this thread has received after I posted it this morning and at how many mixed opinions I have read.

SINA, I really like your suggestion. Making it more epic would really get the series back on track + more exciting.

I was actually waiting for someone to say something about that and no one did lol, but really it would make the show so much more greater with little fixes here and there, with some changes in the story as well. I really do wish that the creators would consider some fan ideas because i have so many to offer. I was at one point going to make a Fan Fic/Manga and Rom Hack to got with it but never really got to it :/ anyway thanks for the compliment.

I think it would be amazing if they actually made him mature and you know GROW UP.
    I've been with the show since I was ten (17 now) and he still has the same voice if not even more feminine.
    I'm sure if they let him catch a bit more Pokemon maybe even stray back to the old episodes,
    like where ash caught Krabby (that episode just sticks with me and is filled with nostalgia) they would see an increase in viewers sixfold.

...And they need to let Brock actually get a girl, that's bugging me too.

I think he needs to grow up to man, that or just pass the torch to someone else. I would like to see brock actually get a girl to and not like that proffeser Ivy lady either, i would like it if brock brought his girl with him. And i think they need to go back to basics like when Ash let his pokemon go, that was epic and made me watch it more because i was like wow thats deep. (Most saddest one is where he leaves his Pidegot at the forest ;_; i teared)

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • I like Ash and I liked Chronicles.
    I wouldn't want a heap of Chronicle eps though :S A few, for a change and what not here and there. I like having the main story follow Ash, I like him :P
    I've grown attached to him where most have gotten sick of him :S I spose I haven't watched nearly as much episodes as most people here lol.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • The way I see it .........
    Ash needs make it to the Sinnoh League Lose the most important match of his life (he always does -.-) and then go home and retire and have passionate buttsecks with Misty. >.>;;;

Pikachu should died from an electric-induce heart attack or get his but whupped by TR Meowth, I'll be happy either way, as long as Meowth beats that rat ._. I also hate the fact Pikachu practically rapes Poke physics with his ability to beat ground types when hie clearly has a huge disadvantage!

Female Protagonist! I like Dawn and May and I like the Contests but seriously... it gets kinda annoying after while. Why not have a female character who's a trainer and trying to conquer the league that'd be so cool if it happened!

Brock needs to get a girl. Like after this long he needs a girlfriend. It makes me sad when his hope get shot down by the other females and people and pokemon abuse him. Poor Brocky.

Team Rocket. Meowth needs to get stronger and learn some kick ass moves. and Jessie and James need to train and get some more Pokemon and actually be some badass villains rather than the butt of every joke ._. I like it when their plans set off with out a hitch. But then mister point out the complete obvious *coughashcough* (ex: Hey its Paul! No Crap we can see that! Or Team Rocket! ) ruins everything.

Raichu. Needs more Screen Time. Enough said alot of Pokemon in general really ._. I'm sick of seeing Pikachu.

Okay, I've said my part and have finished ranting. But yeah... that's what I think.........

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Even though Ash annoys me a lot, you can't really have the Pokemon anime without him. Sorry to say it, but if they got rid of Ash, the Pokemon anime would go down the drain. He is the main character of it, whether we like it or not. I don't mind Ash and what I like about DP is that Dawn is a main character as well. The spotlight is not all on Ash.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
  • Never!
    Ash is the only Anime Character I like. (Charizard's the pokemon)
    I won't get tired of Ash. But I really, really hate Dawn. She's just stealing Ash's spotlight. I will throw a big party when Dawn leaves. I can't stand that ugly face. AND I JUST CAN'T STAND IT THAT SHE IS CONSIDERED AN EQUAL CHARACTER TO ASH.

I want to muder her, I want to kill her, I want to assassinate here and any other word from the killing family. Nah whatever, You know What I'm talking about.

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    :
    Never!
    Ash is the only Anime Character I like. (Charizard's the pokemon)
    I won't get tired of Ash. But I really, really hate Dawn. She's just stealing Ash's spotlight. I will throw a big party when Dawn leaves. I can't stand that ugly face. AND I JUST CAN'T STAND IT THAT SHE IS CONSIDERED AN EQUAL CHARACTER TO ASH.

I want to muder her, I want to kill her, I want to assassinate here and any other word from the killing family. Nah whatever, You know What I'm talking about.

Calm down buddeh, i dont like Dawn either but remember, it is an anime not RL.... lol wow murder.... But if anything i still think having Ash's son as the Main character for the next year...it would be epic *punches hole in wall*

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
  • Honestly, I'm surprised that Ash even lasted this long as the main character. (They knocked off Misty in a heartbeat. D:) I think that the writers should pull Ash out of the spotlight and let the other characters have some time to shine. Especially Dawn. Or at least do some short few episode long story arcs centering around side characters.

Years
  • Honestly, I'm surprised that Ash even lasted this long as the main character. (They knocked off Misty in a heartbeat. D:) I think that the writers should pull Ash out of the spotlight and let the other characters have some time to shine. Especially Dawn. Or at least do some short few episode long story arcs centering around side characters.

I like your suggestion. It sounds much like what they did in Eldest (Inheritance cycle book) where it keeps shifting from Eragon's adventures to his cousin Roran's. It would add an extra dimension to the show if it were to happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back