• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
  • I'd love a completely new series, with a new cast.. IF it were a side-story, or short 26 episode series. I say that because I don't believe they should ditch Ash and his friends, but I'd like it if there was something new, at least for a little while. Maybe they bring another character into the main cast with Ash, as well.. that would be neat. & Somehow have that character take a bit of the spotlight for awhile. It would give me more of a reason to actually watch D/P, which is something I don't normally do. I really want to see a seperate D/P series, where you follow Kouki instead of Ash, too. <3
    :cer_nod:

neat idea :D

It would be nice if they had two separte journey's going on. For example, they had Ash and his friends in a few episodes, then they turn to another character's point of view for a few more episodes. Switch it a little, so they don't completely loose Ash.
    :cer_nod:

I wish they could redub Ash's voice with Veronica Taylor; his voice is the only one I can't come to terms with. Veronica Taylor is one of the best VAs of all time in anime, IMO. :)

With Ash's position, I'm glad Dawn is getting good airtime; hopefully they can do the same thing with the male player characters (I would've liked Brendan...). I mean, Ash can share focus with other characters, not solely on him.

I was wondering where there could be a movie where Ash abruptly begins catching all sorts of Pokemon, even Legendaries, at a rapid pace because he feels he's falling behind somehow and that his life seems monotonous - which it technically is (and the reason he's able to do this rapidly is because he made the choice of doing the supposedly forbidden - catching a Legendary Pokemon). Then someone/some people show(s) Ash the errors of his ways, Ash recovers from his Pokemon-catching streak, and sets off with either the same purpose or a slightly different one. And during the streak, he'd probably be forcing Pokemon to evolve and be very close to completing the Pokemon (though it's very unlikely Ash would ever do this, considering the anime's slow pacing...)

Hopefully, the anime can in some way return to form, simulating what they did in Season 1 of Pokemon. I mean, the plots are semi-interesting now, but it seems nowadays it's either Gym Battle, Contest, help a COD w/lost or misbehaving Pokemon, or help a lost/group of/groups of wild Pokemon. More variety would be much appreciated.

And about Brock - he's cool and all (and classic, no doubt), but I think he needs to return to Kanto. It seems like he's been in the group way too long. I'd really like it if another Gym Leader, Frontier Brain, or Elite 4 member took his spot in the group.

So, basically, in the next Pokemon arc, I'd like to see: Ash, Dawn, male player character, and Brock's replacement. Four seems like a good group-traveling number. :)

Even if the producers don't even incorporate the above ideas, they absolutely need to do/change something.

P.S. More Pokemon Chronicles!!! :D

Last edited:

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • HI, I'M ASH KETCHUM FROM PALLET TOWN, I'M GOING TO BE A POKEMON MASTER- THESE ARE MY FRIENDS, (boy) AND (girl).

Despite the pun in his name, It was great for the first few seasons- I loved it, as did the rest of the world. But.. It's the same. Again, and again, and again. I can't stand Ash anymore, redo please. I bet they'd have a lot of success if they picked up a character from chronicles and focused the show around them, or at least changed the plot once and a while. It's always the same, Ash meets someone, has a battle wins/loses, team rocket show up with some robot or stupid plan which any normal person would be able to avoid, including obvious outfits and huge holes in the ground. They grab pikachu, new character/pokemon/ash sends out an attack, and they blast off again, and again, and again.

;___; I can't stand it anymore.

lord_hardware

Lord Hardware
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    its not that i dont like ash... its just that the show is so repetitive... why does ash still have trouble catching any begginer pokemon using pikachu?

i think we should go back to Kanto... no point having an endless supply of regions when the first one was fine... its been a few years, pokemon are migrating... lets see whats happening

But i really do think ash is past his prime... the new voice actors make me want o vomit... and the caliber of episodes is leading kids now to never set foot inside the old eps...

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Do you know that for sure? :cer_shifty: Because if that's really true, I'm gonna be one happy girl.

My thoughts exactly-kind of. :cer_tongue:

yes i am sure. expect it around feb in japan for it to happen

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • Paul is actually to me a represantative of the compettitve pkmn trainer, who catches only the best pokemon and raises them correctly, while ash is a noob like those that battle in pkmn battle revolution wi-fi. I cant believe ask wanted to "fix" the rival from dp jun(watch the japanese episode, it has not appeared in the us) who follows pauls strategys AND cares for his pokemon. I wouldnt be suprised if (and wish)that that guy would 6-0 ash in the pkmn league. I mean its like a compettitivetrainers little neighborhood would teel ash to stop breeding and just use whatever random pokemon and raise them like you would raise a pokemon while ingame. Its kinda exagerated but you know what i mean.

Mewcario

Do The DooDoo!
    Years
  • I'm not sick of ash he's the main character!

one thing annoys me is that he never evolves his pokemon......

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    its obvious he will win it, you need to understand how the writers are giving elite 4 tons of ait time already and there are many eps to come on usa with more sinnoh elite 4....they have also explained the process of how to fight in it etc

they would not waste this much time on it if they were not going to get him to win it

S1d8pink

shaymin fan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    they should have a girl main character because its always about boys!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    you guys are talking about this... now?

I was sick of the TV series since the Johto cycle, to tell you the truth!

It's just kind of sad how I can't tell of my ideas that I had in mind when I was a kid playing Gold version... they were pretty interesting, to say the least. :-/

Years
  • you guys are talking about this... now?

I was sick of the TV series since the Johto cycle, to tell you the truth!

It's just kind of sad how I can't tell of my ideas that I had in mind when I was a kid playing Gold version... they were pretty interesting, to say the least. :-/
    Yeah Johto was where I saw a downward spiral for the anime but I still watched it then...now I can't stand the voices anymore let alone the plot.

Gars129

Years
  • Actually S1d8pink, Dawn has nearly as much screentime and importance than Ash this season, so it is not all about boys.​

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Last night, after I watched The Legend of Thunder! episodes, I realized that if they did put Jimmy as the main character instead of Ash, the Pokemon company would realize that they would probably get a vast amount of new viewers along with bringing back the old ones.

The 'new episodes' could be following the adventures of Jimmy as he goes through the Hoenn region seeing his rival, Vincent/Jackson and his crush, Marina. As Jimmy climbs his way to the region's Pokemon League, he could be facing Ash, who became the League Champion.

For Ash, this season of Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl, this could be his last adventure and became the League Master with fully trained Pokemon and a new outfit with Brock and Dawn going back to their hometowns to fulfill their dreams.

Opinions?

月Star

私の中心で照るこ? ??。
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Everyone seems to bring up cycling to new characters a lot.
    Ash is definatly long overdue. Has he even aged? The creators should at least show him growing older by now...
    Maybe they should have alternatives, such as how the manga did so. The manga went through new characters, not focusing on a certain person too much. Though, copying the manga wouldn't be neccesary, just make it somehow unique so they have new focuses and they visit the old characters at some point or another.

Years
  • Oh well, At the very least the producers should restart "chronicles". My dream: Make a seperate anime for older fans based off Pokemon Special (Adventures), It would bring back older fans, keep the younger fans (through the current anime) and make a win-win situation. More profit for the studio, The generation and Pokemon Manga/Anime fan gap will be bridged. They could at least release an episode once a month as a "special" episode and extend sched time. They could accelerate production once the current anime is finished (if GSDS isn't released and plot points have been exhausted.) Oh well as I said a separate series would be a Win-Win situation. ^_^

Gars129

Years
  • That is a good idea, the series should be more mature and have a story that is not obvious.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • But Red and Green look too much like Satoshi and Shigeru. If it's to appeal to kids also, how do you fix this problem so they wouldn't get confused?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back