• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    ^ With HGSS coming, I doubt so. :/

He and Pikachu like appeared for like every single episode. (excluding Chronicles)
    Can't they do something newer? @.@

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Just to point this out, he, Pikachu, AND TEAM ROCKET has been in (almost) every (non Chronicles/Movie Short) episode.

To clarify, you can count the number of episodes Team Rocket wasn''t in on one hand.

Wait, scratch that, Meoth was in every Pikachu movie short, so that counts as Team Rocket. Oh damn.

Subsmash

Hmm....What to put?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009
    I don't think the writers are going to change because although it's getting a bit repetitive, a lot of people are already used to Ash and Pikachu.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    um...let me get this straight...Ash is obviously a weak Pokemon trainer because he has caring heart and looks at Pokemon as friends or even family? Haven't you realized Paul is Ash's opposite in almost every way? And his old weak Pikachu has taken down Raichus, Dragonites, and so on...that is pretty pathetic. And that Chimchar is complete crap that can take down just an Ursaring? An Infernape could do that without a problem so what makes Chimchar so special? And that Buizel must be retarded if it can beat a dumb ol' Lucario.
    If my sarcasm isn't annoying you let me know. Obviously, wat I'm trying to say is that with all is first stage Pokemon he's doing pretty good. But only a noob and idiot could do all those things, am I right?

Yeah, you're right, but Ash should evolve them to make them stronger, or he'll stay in the stage of noobs.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    Stupid? I guess to people who think the anime must stick to the games 100%. But they shouldn't be watching the anime in the first place. They should play the games, if that's what they're looking for.

The anime is just like the games. 100% hax. I don't see why people have a problem with Pikachu aiming for the horn or gaining thunderarmor, lol.

As for me, I don't see why so many people hate Ash. He and Pikachu are like the most hated characters on the internet along with Piplup.

I think maybe they should sort of discard Ash and maybe go where they left off with Jimmy. See if anything happens with Marina...

Jimmy would be too busy flirting with Marina to be training his pokemon. He'll never beat his rival, Silver, being too lovey dovey, In anime, the main character has to choose between love or power. Can't have both I'm afraid. I like Ash better since he's dense and replacing Ash with Jimmy would make the anime stale.

Or there's always Paul, it'd be cool to get a glimpse into the story of a bully and rival of Ash.

I'd support a spin off of Paul if Ash was still in it. Without Ash, the pokemon anime would lose appeal.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i'm not as sick of him as i am with his pikachu. i wish he would use a thunderstone on that thing already - having a raichu [finally] would definitely spice things up! i also think that they should show less of him in the shows, but still keep him there; he's been there since the beginning, it'd be odd to just cut him out for good.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    Personally I think Ash should stay; he is in fact the main, I like him he is one of my favorite characters; I just couldn't imagine it being Pokemon without him and Pikachu. But I understand what people are saying; the show is repeating itself, like its stuck in a time loop or something. I mean if they changed a few things with him and how the journey is going so it doesn't seem so repeative then that would be good; but if Ash were to be removed entirely, I think the show would go down hill.

As long as the creators are making money then they'll keep going with things the way they are; I'm sure Ash would have to win the Sinnoh League; then perhaps they may come up with something that still involves him but just make it all fresh, and somehow I think how a lot of us are feeling is possibly due to the fact that we are growing up; and sadly we don't see certain things as exciting as they once were. the Magic of Pokemon is still there; when we were younger perhaps some of us took no notice of the fact that the show repeats itself but now that we're older we do. Sadly its just a part of growing up, but I agree it would be great if they made a few changes so it doesn't keep repeating.

Last edited:

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Personally I think Ash should stay; he is in fact the main, I like him he is one of my favorite characters; I just couldn't imagine it being Pokemon without him and Pikachu. But I udnerstand what people are saying; the show is repeating itself, like its stuck in a time loop or something. I mean if they changed a few things with him and how the journey is going so it doesn't seem so repeative then that would be good; but if Ash were to be removed entirely, I think the show would go down hill.

As long as the creators are making money then they'll keep going with things the way they are; I'm sure Ash would have to win the Sinnoh League; then perhaps they may come up with something that still involves him but just make it all fresh, and somehow I think how a lot of us are feeling is possibly due to the fact that we are growing up; and sadly we don't see certain things as exciting as they once were. the Magic of Pokemon is still there; when we were younger perhaps some of us took no notice of the fact that the show repeats itself but now that we're older we do. Sadly its just a part of growing up, but I agree it would be great if they made a few changes so it doesn't keep repeating.
    And this coming from someone called Ash the "Purifying Prince"
    Just take Ash out already

Intensity

~ How Intense can it get? ~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2009
    They need to start a whole new series all together. Why? Because no one wants to see Ash's face in every freakin' episode of Pokemon. He needs to take the Battle Frontier position after the Sinnoh league and base the series on a new character or Max. It'd actually be nice to see Max start a journey and go through Hoenn whenever Nintendo decides to re-make R/S/E in the future. As much as we would like to have a different character, it most likely won't happen.

The 5th Gen may be the last and I think Nintendo would want Ash to be the Pokemon Master or whatever by that time. They do need to get rid of Team Rocket though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I hate Ash so much
    Just end this please
    same thing time after time
    make anime based of the manga...

They already have something based off the manga. It's called...well, the various Pokemon mangas. Why make an anime version of it (which isn't marketed in the same way) when it already exists within the mangas?

i'm not as sick of him as i am with his pikachu. i wish he would use a thunderstone on that thing already - having a raichu [finally] would definitely spice things up! i also think that they should show less of him in the shows, but still keep him there; he's been there since the beginning, it'd be odd to just cut him out for good.

Show less of the main character? Yeah, that sounds like a winning strategy.

Personally I think Ash should stay; he is in fact the main, I like him he is one of my favorite characters; I just couldn't imagine it being Pokemon without him and Pikachu. But I understand what people are saying; the show is repeating itself, like its stuck in a time loop or something. I mean if they changed a few things with him and how the journey is going so it doesn't seem so repeative then that would be good; but if Ash were to be removed entirely, I think the show would go down hill.

It's been repetitive since the second episode. This isn't new.

They need to start a whole new series all together.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Why? Because no one wants to see Ash's face in every freakin' episode of Pokemon.

Sounds like, instead of the anime becoming your personal fan fic, you could just stop watching it.

He needs to take the Battle Frontier position after the Sinnoh league and base the series on a new character or Max.

New character that would probably be exactly like Ash? lol

Max? even more lol. He's like one of the most despised characters of fandom.

The 5th Gen may be the last

Yeah, totally d00d. I mena, just go ahead and ignore that Platinum broke sales records in Japan, sold 85,000 copies in like the first week in the US, box office hit movies + top rated anime in Japan, great ratings for the dub in Cartoon Network. And Pokemon merchandise is easier to find in North America and elsewhere then it's been in a long time. Oh, and the tournaments, which Mike Liesek has said they'll be doing more of, and bigger ones.

So yeah, if you ignore all the success, then totally, 5th gen = last gen. *eye roll smiley here*

and I think Nintendo

Nintendo has nothing to do with the anime, except maybe officially licensing it. I'm not even sure if their company name is in the credits.

Make a new anime series altogether

Why would they want to take a risk on a new series when the current one is doing just fine?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I got tired of Ash, but then I got use to him being in almost every single Pokemon episode. The series is fine as it is with him, if you don't like it, then stop watching it, no one is forcing you to do so

:t354:TG

BlueMaySapphire13

I'M A GOOFY GOOBER~! Yeah. x)
    Years
    I don't know about you but personally I'm sick of the show revolving around Ash Ketchum considering I feel it is just getting nowhere and that at the rate it's going he'll never be a Pokemon master. Loved the earlier eps but now it appears to be dragging on. Do you think maybe they should get rid of Ash as a main character (not completely) + introduce a new hero, that they should keep him or make a new Pokemon anime all together? Opinions please.

Yes, I'm sick of Ash. He's really tiring and annoying. =.=;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    Ash is annoying but to be honest, the whole Pokemon Tv show would fall apart without him
    Haha

Kenji-1484

I say make a whole new series of Pokémon, but which would be more for 12/13+ years olds, with lotsa blood guts and gore and... Ok, I'm going mad.

Years
    I kind of like him, I mean I name all my characters in the games Ash (and my rival Gary...hm). I don't want them to get rid of him, but BRING BACK THE OTHER PERSON WHO TALKED FOR HIM! I hate the new person's voice. The other one was better :/

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Personally, I don't think Ash is that big of a problem. Well, he is, but it wouldn't be the same without him.

I would like to see Brock gone. A new male character and a new female character would be, iunno, just nice really.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back