• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Side Scroller

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    I thought it might be interesting to have some places in a hack side scrollers. What's your opinion?

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    Prism is one Pokemon hack that has side scrolling like how LoZ for the GBC does. Though it could be good for creating a 3D town effect (possibly for a B/W hack using the earlier gens). There are probably many ways to exploit it also.

Do you know how he made a side-scrolling part?

Years
    Sounds doable. I'd say just make a whole tileset for the sidescrolling, make some new OWs, and on the tiles block movement up and down. Then just have a level script which moves the camera across the screen. It would be a lot of work and all I've just said is pure theory, but meh. I am planning on doing some sort of side scroller in my hack. Also Blazichu survives \o/

Back