• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
  • Usually Some trainers tend to use a certain pokemon in their team everytime a pokemon they'll never leave home without a pokemon that they call a Signature pokemon say Pikachu is Ash's Signature Pokemon, Mine Happens To Be My Sceptile... What's yours?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • In Kanto, it's Pidgeot and Raichu
    In Johto, it's Ampharos
    In Hoenn, it's Swellow and Manectric
    In Sinnoh, it's Staraptor and Luxray.
    In Unova, I don't have one yet. I don't like Unfezant as much as I like the other regions' basic bird Pokemon, and Zebstrika is black - I can't fall in love with a black Electric Pokemon... I like my Electric Pokemon to be yellow, at least partly.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I always have a Pidgeot if it is obtainable in the game. I just like to have flying type in my team everytime and Pidgeot is still my personal favourite.

Except for that, I try to have a different team on every playthrough.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've had a Crobat on my team in every serious playthrough since my second Crystal playthrough. It'll certainly be odd playing White without having access to my signature pokemon. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Persian. It is in my team in any game where it's available, and sometimes when it's not (i.e., traded a meowth egg over in Platinum so I could have one there). And said Persian ALWAYS has to be female.

Persian has the elegance and class befitting my image.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    In Kanto, it's Pidgeot and Raichu
    In Johto, it's Ampharos
    In Hoenn, it's Swellow and Manectric
    In Sinnoh, it's Staraptor and Luxray.
    In Unova, I don't have one yet. I don't like Unfezant as much as I like the other regions' basic bird Pokemon, and Zebstrika is black - I can't fall in love with a black Electric Pokemon... I like my Electric Pokemon to be yellow, at least partly.

Try Braviary and Joltik/Emolga ;D

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • In Kanto, it was Raichu.
    In Johto, it was Ampharos (and after gaining access to the Pal Park in SS, it became Raichu again.)
    In Hoenn, it is Raichu.
    In Sinnoh, it is Raichu.
    In Unnova, I think it will be Stountland.

Overall, though, it's obviously Raichu. Any time Raichu is available in the game, he will be on my team. I like Luxray... but as soon as I realized I could catch a Pikachu, it was "Bye bye, Luxray, hello Raichu, we meet again!" The only drawback I find in Black, in fact, is the lack of my dear Raichu.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    I don't really have one, in every game I'm VERY choosy about who I actually catch and many times I will defeat the elite four (the first time) with less than six pokemon in my party.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I've never had much of a signature Pokemon, at least not the first few generations. Since Gen 4 though, it's mainly been Gengar and Empoleon. Generation 5 is pretty much keeping that as well, but I've grown quite attached to Musharna as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I always use a different selection of pokemon for each game, so I don't have a signature pokemon really.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Firered - Charizard (often with the legendary birds and Snorlax) Oh, and Dragonite. :)

Silver/Soulsilver - Ampharos/Lugia (Would have charizard on Silver if possible, ironically doesn't use it much on Soulsilver :\) Often with Pidgeot or Dragonite.

Sapphire/Emerald - Breloom. Must. Have. It. Every. Single. Time. (Grovyle/Sceptile gets an honorable mention, due to being awesome :D.)

Pearl/Platinum - Empoleon/Staravia/Giratina(Platinum)

Black - Audino/Serperior/Victini/Reshiram

I tend to use the above Pokemon in the above games due to their awesome battle capabitlities and looks. (Giratina Origin Forme, Reshiram, Charizard..... so awesome. :D)

Although appearance also has an impact, albeit a less significant one.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • 1st gen - Blastoise
    2nd gen - Golduck
    3rd gen - None
    4th gen - Golduck
    5th gen - Krookodile

I'm pretty boring, lmao.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This is difficult, seeing that I try not to run with the same Pokemon over and over. :( But I'll try to think...

Gen I - Charizard (I rarely start with the other two)
    Gen II - Umbreon (This is probably the one Pokemon I will never go without in these games!)
    Gen III - Gardevoir (I've used every Pokemon in RSE, so I don't mind ending up with this one time and time again)
    Gen IV - Aipom (I have one on like...almost every gen IV game I own, lol)
    Gen V - Petilil (...Isn't this obvious? XD)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • In Kanto- Hard to say really guess it's between Venusuar and Nidoqueen
    In Johto - Crobat
    In Hoenn - Roselia though my favorite Hoenn pokemon is Medicham you get it too late.
    In Sinnoh - Medicham
    In Unova - It's to soon to tell definitively but on my first playthrough I used Krookodile and Darmanitan a lot, but I'm going to transfer them and restart using totally different pokemon so it might change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back