• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signatures

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    Here are sigs made by me:

Signatures

Signatures

Signatures

Stars:
    Signatures

Signatures

Signatures

Signatures

What do you think?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Because these are all essentially the same just with different Pokemon and effects, I'll just give you some fairly general comments, but either way, should still be helpful. Also, if it comes across as harsh, I'm not trying to be, just want to give some constructive criticisms, appraisal doesn't help you improve. So here we go.

Firstly, putting a Pokemon stock on the canvas and then just covering the entire tag in effects, including over the focal point (the Pokemon) isn't going to work if you want to progress any further than the pieces you've done currently. I can't tell if you've got brushes or filters or both, but whatever you're doing, you need to put a lot more thought into it. Try and make the effects work with the render and really create a sense of flow, or even just try and escape making it looks really messy and chaotic. Another thing to assist with this, generally as a safe rule, try not to cover your focal point at all. When you get more experienced and you learn about depth and blending, then you will need to, but while you are still in early level, it is nearly always safer just to leave the render uncovered. If you have a look at your Zoroark tag especially, but most of the others to some extent, it is quite difficult to make out what the tag is about.

If you want to look at some tutorials or tricks and tips, which I'd recommend, head over to the Graphics Lounge (that's a link) and look at the first post.
    Also, if you want to keep pursuing graphics and learn more advance methods and stuff, go check out the Graphics School (another link) and read the first post and sign up if you're interested.

You seem to have some knowledge of whatever program you're using, you just have some bad habits which are easily helped!

archeops14

The First Bird
    Years
    First sig evaluation on PokeCommunity! Sorry if I'm being too harsh, but...

Vaporeon sig and Ho-oh sig don't comply to this. Try to make the render stand out from the sig, because that's what you want your readers to focus on. For Cresselia, maybe you can burn the render a bit, with the same as Absol. I don't really like the grey stuff on Arceus. If you put that grey brushing layer behind the render, that would solve it. For Zoroark, try duplicating the render a few times. As I said, you want to make the render stand out. I liked the Ho-oh sig without the stars. But maybe if you can add some C4Ds, the background won't be so plain.

The text for all of them was alright, but maybe if you lighten the Zoroark text, it would be better. I don't like the way you put a star on the Ho-oh text, but that's my opinion. And, you spelt Cresselia wrong :)

I can see you have got talent. If you improve a bit more, I can see that you would be a great sig maker, because you position everything in your sig perfectly. My tip for you is that look at other sigs and look at it carefully, and try to do it how they did it, except with a different render of course.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Your signature designs are cool, The Nightmare.

Signatures

The colouring works well and the Text is nice too; the grungy-like textures, seem to help make Arceus render blend in too, but there feels like something is missing.

Signatures

This one also looks good, but Absol seems to blend in too much with the background.

Out of your latest ones, this I think also looks pretty nice, but yeah, a little too bright and the Ho-Oh tags, the tags are fine, but the stars are a bit too much. They kind of draw away the attention from Ho-Oh, but that's just my opinion :/

But so far, I really like your graphics :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2012
    They're pretty awesome.Who knows,one day you might become the best!

Back