• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Silph scope script

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    Hi everyone, I can't figure out how to remove the need of having silph scope to see the pokemon (in lavender's tower). I noticed that it's not a flag, you only need the silph scope in your bag.
    But where is it written in the rom ? I can't find how to change the item needed or even removing the need of an item.
    I checked the level scripts, the script of the silph scope and giovanni... there is nothing related to a checkitem command or anything.

I would be very grateful to be helped.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Well there's a flag related to the scope, i think that's the flag that the marowak battle checks...but u can also just remove the ghost battle and make one up urself to battle any pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    Thanks but I'm trying to change the wild battles in the tower (not marowak), gastly and other pokemon show up as ghosts without the silph scope, that's what I want to change.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    The check for the Silph Scope revealing unidentifiable ghosts is located in two places in the ROM, one for the Marowak fight and another for all the Gastly/ Haunter you find in the wild. I'm not good enough with ASM to completely bypass the check, but its pretty easy to change the item that the routine checks in order to reveal the Pokemon. The item ID to be checked when fighting the Marowak is loaded at 0x7F94C, while the item ID for wild Pokemon is loaded at 0x7F6F8. When you go to those locations in a hex editor you should see that the bytes at those locations read '67 01', which is the hexadecimal value for the Silph Scope (0x167). To change which item should be checked, just change those values. Since I'm not good enough to bypass it, my advice would be to change the item the functions are looking for to another key item that the player is required to get earlier in your game. This could be something like the Teachy TV or a HM; so long as the player can't avoid getting it and they can't throw it away. It's not a perfect solution, but its a workable solution :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    Thank you DrFuji, I just changed the value of the item checked and it worked !

Back