• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silver VS Gold...which is Better?

What is the Better Version? Silver or Gold?

• Silver version

Votes: 80 53.0%
  • Gold version

Votes: 71 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    definitely silver is better...

lugia learns aeroblast, and don't forget silver better sprites...

right now i'm asking myself why zel did a remake of gold and not of silver?

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Silver
    In silver you get lugia at a lvl wich makes you feel like training it up.
    then hoho second at a lvl wich dont need training up.
    and sprites are cooler.
    Spoiler:

Ryo1234

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Crystal is teh bestorz

*shot*

Out of the two, I'd choose Silver. I liked the sprites for all the pokemon alot better in Silver than in Gold.
    Plus Lugia = win

kuku-melon

carbonero
    Years
    Well, I think that Crystal is much better than gold/silver, but between them I'd prefer silver since Lugia is cool (and it has AEROBLAST!!!) and I just hate Ho-Oh, I think that he's the most hateable legendary of the first 3 gens... The only good thing about gold is that u can get growlithe

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2007
    I like silver better. I dunno why maybe cause I got silver and my brother got gold and mine was better, I dunoo xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Yeah, to me Lugia has a MUCH better moveset. Ho-oh is so....dislikeable for some reason. ( maybe it's because of its inferior to Lugia's stats!! XD JK. ) But really, I never liked Ho-oh. Lugia and Silver version in general just always seemed better.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I love the Gold version, I like Ho-oh. I don't really see a big difference when you get right to it. I just based it on what I played more xD

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    I'm saying Gold.
    I knew the sprites were different but not different colors. It still makes me say Gold feels better. Of course my opinions are all biased as it was my first real Pokemon game (I got a TCG first).
    I still have never onced used Aeroblast. I'm a Sacred Fire user. I really like Ho-oh. It may not look quiet as good and have all the bad points but I still find it cooler. Lugia lookes slightly deranged sometimes. It also more rewarding to get (Climbing an ancient tower next to a city) in comparison to Lugia (Going to the bottom of the sea).

Yeah I'm a big idiot. Although I always thought Silver was the superior one. Is it the other way round?

Last edited:
    Years
    I guess Silver is better, but I prefer Gold just because I hated getting to Lugia in Silver xD I prefer Gold and Sacred Fire but I like Silver's sprites better. I loved both of course, though ^o^

thundermew

Mew of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2014
    Gold because I really like Ho-oh and you can get it quicker in Gold

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Gold. Ho-oh is the best legendary bird ever, aside from Articuno. =)

Billi

Completed National Dex
    Years
    I'd have to say Gold.
    Not only because of the fact that it's the first one I played, but because of Ho-oh. Also, Gold is more... I can't think of the word. But it's good!

Back