• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silver VS Gold...which is Better?

What is the Better Version? Silver or Gold?

• Silver version

Votes: 80 53.0%
  • Gold version

Votes: 71 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orochi

Orochi - ShimaKage
    Years
    gold

Definitely gold!NO doubt.as i love staring at ho-oh and its holy Sacred Fire! some holy carol was sung as soon i used sacred fire lawl.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I got Silver rather than Gold. I prefer Silver since the box art is better, silver is better than gold (not as cheap).

Ruby/Gold/Red, Fire Red and Diamond are the dominant games if you ask me, I've prefer the least commons so I can trade more.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    I like the box art of Gold better but box art really don't matter
    Silver VS Gold...which is Better?

Wakko

Total n00b
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2007
    I prefer Silver because you can get Lugia with Aeroblast and you can also get Skarmory<333

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Hm, gold may be tacky (As in the mineral) But the game is better. 'Cause, face it. Lugia is awsome! I know that. But if you get gold, you get Ho-oh (ALSO ASWOME) And Lugia at a better level. (Lv. 70) in silver it is only Lv.45 or Lv.40 I think. So yeah, I voted Gold. Basicly, I see them the same, exept for the whole thong about Ho-oh and Lugia. Them both being awsome, but Lugia rocks at Lv.70 so it is eaisyer to get a better Lugia :) I have ShinyGold (For the visual boy advance) And, somewhere in my house, I also have silver, and I have Crystal, So I have a strong judgment, all I remember about silver is being annoyed that Lugia was at such a low level, and Ho-oh was so High, and spending ages tring to train up Lugia :( I gave up, I had been training none-stop for like... ever. I had no choice. I needed to see sunlight again....

Oh yeah, can everyone please stop refering to the minerals. This is a game we are on about. Not wether gold is tackyer than silver! XD

Skelter

Sega Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2008
    Hm, gold may be tacky (As in the mineral) But the game is better. 'Cause, face it. Lugia is awsome! I know that. But if you get gold, you get Ho-oh (ALSO ASWOME) And Lugia at a better level. (Lv. 70) in silver it is only Lv.45 or Lv.40 I think. So yeah, I voted Gold. Basicly, I see them the same, exept for the whole thong about Ho-oh and Lugia. Them both being awsome, but Lugia rocks at Lv.70 so it is eaisyer to get a better Lugia :) I have ShinyGold (For the visual boy advance) And, somewhere in my house, I also have silver, and I have Crystal, So I have a strong judgment, all I remember about silver is being annoyed that Lugia was at such a low level, and Ho-oh was so High, and spending ages tring to train up Lugia :( I gave up, I had been training none-stop for like... ever. I had no choice. I needed to see sunlight again....

Oh yeah, can everyone please stop refering to the minerals. This is a game we are on about. Not wether gold is tackyer than silver! XD

But the Lugia in gold doesn't have aeroblast! That's what makes lugia so awesome :rambo:

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Aeroblast is one of the only reasons I like Lugia better than Ho-oh. Besides the fact that Lugia's stats are better, it's cooler, and it can learn Psychic.

Just look at it. ^

Skelter

Sega Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2008
    Aeroblast is one of the only reasons I like Lugia better than Ho-oh. Besides the fact that Lugia's stats are better, it's cooler, and it can learn Psychic.

Just look at it. ^

Amen, that's the sole reason i bought silver....i don't know why, but I've always thought Ho-oh looked kind of stupid...but that's just me....

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Yeah, me too. With its rainbowy colors. It was too bright.

Just look at it ^.....XD

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Ok. Look. What i'm getting at is, wait... SINCE WHEN DID THIS ALL BECOME ABOUT LOOKS! Sorry, Sorry. If you only like it because of areobalst than you don't really like lugia, you just like it's move... And for stats. What part of LV.70 (As in HIGHER than LV.40) Don't you get! A LV.70 will have better stats than a LV.40! I think Ho-oh is awsome. There are billions of phycic legendarys (Espcially now because of DP!) And there are only, like, two fire legendarys (Ho-oh and Moltres) So yeah. Its a rarer legendary. I love Lugia just the same as Ho-oh. And anyway, can't you just get a move touter to teach Lugia areoblast?

And I like bright colours

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Yeah, but a trained pokemon is stronger than a wild one, and the Lv.70 one doesn't have aeroblast. There weren't move tutors back in the 2nd gen. days. And yes, there are WAY too many psychic legendaries these days. There's nothing wrong with bright colors...It's just, that they hurt my eyes.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Well, Train the LV.70 lugia. Doesn't take a rcoket scientist.

And... AEROBLAST IS THE ONLY MOVE IN POKEMON! THERE ARE OTHER BRILLIANT MOVES!

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Rhiannon-Chan, I hope you realise that trained Pokemon are always stronger than wild Pokemon.

If what you say that Lugia in Silver is at level 40 or so rather than 70 in Gold is true (I am not questioning you, I really have no idea -- I never got that far..)

If somebody on Silver caught a Lugia and trained it to level 70
    Then somebody caght a level 70 in Gold.

The Silver Lugia would have high stats even at the same level. This is why I do not think the level advantage is a reasonable argument. I'd say if you like Hoho, get Silver so you can train it yourself.

I'm not referring to the attacks the trainer taught it or whatever attacks are learned from 40-70. It's all about training yourself leads to better stats and effort values.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Well, Train the LV.70 lugia. Doesn't take a rcoket scientist.

And... AEROBLAST IS THE ONLY MOVE IN POKEMON! THERE ARE OTHER BRILLIANT MOVES!

No need to get all mad. It's just that Aeroblast looks really cool.
    @Improfane: There were no EV's back then.

Back