• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silver's name

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    This may be silly, but I must know! Am I the only person who thought Silver's name actually was ??? and put that in as his name?

FireRed Supergiant

ZIPPO used SLASH! Critical Hit
    Years
    personally, i didn't know what to make of it. i was expecting the rival to be someone the character knew already (in the mold of RBY), so i was confused until i saw the "rival's name" caption after the officer's question.

i didn't set the name to ???, but i think there have been a few posts in the past about this so you aren't the only one.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I named him Gary the first time I played through the game. But I kept wondering why he looked so different then in Yellow.

When I finally found out he wasn't gary.. I named him Ace.
    Then, when I found out his name was Silver, I named him as such.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    Like the seven year old idiot I was, I made his name all spaces, ending up as Silver...it was rather odd...second time I played through, though, it was Andrew, after my friend...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My first play through of Silver, I thought his name was ??? as well. I put Silver or something random now, but then...xD

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    Huzah! I'm not the only person who did that XD. yes i did thought i had to put ??? as his name. kind of stupid on my part.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
    No, you are not the only one. I put that on my Gold. To this day that is his name as I continue in my quest to complete the Pokedex :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I do recall doing that the very first time I played Silver. Not far into the game, I decided to reset it and give him an actual name, which for the life of me I can't remember right now...

Vespinus

as Shocking as Thunder!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    I didn't realize it was him I was naming and I was about 4, so I called him Adam, which I had named my character. It was quite funny, but really irritated me.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Ha, I can't remember what it was the first time I played Gold, but once I saw the naming screen I knew that ??? wasn't really his name. One of my friends set it as ??? though and I made fun of him for it. :p

Harumi-chan

L o v e . M e . H a t e . M e
    Years
    I named him ??? as well only because I didn't know what else to name him and I'm bad at naming things XD Especially when I'm playing rpgs and I have the option to change the main character's name, I always put in his real name not a made up one XD

Years
    I didn't think his name was ???

However, I did find it strange that you didn't name him at the beginning when you started the game. I guess Gamefreak really wanted that scene with the police officer included.

Ayselipera

I didn't think that was his name, but I thought that was what you were suppose to tell the police officer. So I did. :)

Back